No announcement yet.

Team Needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would personally have no problem drafting Smith for RT (if they feel he's BPA).

In terms of building a good team, the Oline is without a doubt the most important thing for me so I may rate a RT higher than most.

Comment

Well look at it when we had Willie (RT) Braham (C). We had one of the absolute best overall O-Lines in the NFL.
      LT is somewhat overrated. People think you can place any bum at RT and be fine. People think LT is the most important spot out there and its one of them but if you have a 2nd year guy (Collins) who would have been a top OT if he stayed for his senior year and manned LT very well against the best defenses in the NFL, a first round RT and second round C might be exactly what the doctor ordered for us.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

Yea, I feel like if we were to draft Andre Smith it would probably be in our best interest to use him at RT.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Andre Smith seems to be unmotivated from his latest stint at the NFL Combine, what about Jason Smith? Benched 33 reps so he has power. I am not sure if that translate to a dominating run blocker but at LT we need some one to protect Carson; which is what J. Smith is known for, pass blocking. At this point I just think out of the four top OT prospects Andre Smith is showing that he is the least prepared and committed to playing in to NFL and another distraction is the last thing we need.

Comment

Yeah, what we wrote about Smith was before all this. I had heard the rumblings of concern but thought it wasn't enough to sway me from him. Now I'd just assume avoid, if Smith is there I'd be fine with him.

Comment

All of Smith's stupidity will be easy for MANY teams to overlook if he comes out during his pro day and shows why not long ago he was not only considered the best OT in the draft, but possibly the best player in the draft.

Comment

Honestly, if the other Smith and Monroe are off the board (Curry won't get past KC), I can't think of a better pick than Andre Smith. Believe me, I have my problems with him but the guy can play.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  Honestly, if the other Smith and Monroe are off the board (Curry won't get past KC), I can't think of a better pick than Andre Smith. Believe me, I have my problems with him but the guy can play.
                  In that situation there's a great chance Orakpo will be there... yay? nay?
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I believe Andre Smith's pro work day is next week so lets see how he does. Agree the talent is there but I am not sure the Bengal's will pick him unless they see a different person from what showed up at the combines.

Comment

If we take Andre Smith i would be very upset he is not committed to football at all if he just started working out he always in college was over weight and the whole him being pretty much kicked off the team after the bowl game scares me also i would have rather trade down or take BJ raji with 6th pick or even Michael Crabtree if he is there.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Personally, Crabtree is very low on my list.

1. Jason Smith
                        2. Aaron Curry
                        3. Andre Smith
                        4. Eugene Monroe
                        5. BJ Raji
                        6. Brian Orakpo
                        7. Rey Maualuga
                        8. Michael Crabtree
                        9. Peria Jerry
                        10. Clint Sintim

Im not saying these guys are meant for #6 but if we were to trade back, I would be all for Sintim or Jerry.

Instead of Crabtree, I would rather wait and hope to get AJ Green from UGA or Julio Jones from Bama. Who knows, possibly Simpson and Caldwell will become the guys we need and its a moot point

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                          Personally, Crabtree is very low on my list.

1. Jason Smith
                          2. Aaron Curry
                          3. Andre Smith
                          4. Eugene Monroe
                          5. BJ Raji
                          6. Brian Orakpo
                          7. Rey Maualuga
                          8. Michael Crabtree
                          9. Peria Jerry
                          10. Clint Sintim

Im not saying these guys are meant for #6 but if we were to trade back, I would be all for Sintim or Jerry.

Instead of Crabtree, I would rather wait and hope to get AJ Green from UGA or Julio Jones from Bama. Who knows, possibly Simpson and Caldwell will become the guys we need and its a moot point
                          I would say this is my list
                          1.Aaron Curry
                          2.Michael Crabtree
                          3.Jason Smith
                          4.Eugene Monroe
                          5.BJ Raji
                          6.Brian Orakpo
                          7.Knowshon Moreno
                          8.Alex Mack
                          9.James Laurinaitis
                          10.Max Unger

Any of these players i would be happy to take with the 6th pick or trade down and get later in the 1st round

RIP themaninblack

Comment

I just don't get the love for Crabtree for us. I would rather trading down for Britt or DHB.

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

I would rather trade down as well, grab an additional pick, and take care of business.

That being said, we are talking about sitting at #6. Bash away A. Smith all you like. He was once considered the best player in the draft. You don't get to that point by being uncommitted or lazy. His body of work in college speaks volumes. The guy is just dominating at the point of attack. I'm like PalmerToCJ in that I have my problems with the guy, but it all falls on what the team thinks of him as a player, not my issues with what happened during the combine.

By the way, many have already made claims about those stories of A. Smith being more rumors than anything else. Minus the money to lose, maybe he doesn't want to play for a loser team. Eli Manning anyone ??

If Curry goes to KC, I would bet a buttload of money that Orakpo goes to Cleveland the pick before us. He would address a huge need for them.

I only want to have Crabtree sitting at #6 to up the chances of trading down. NOTHING MORE.

Comment

Everyone wants to trade down but it does really look like we could be in a nice position to do so especially if Crabtree is available when we pick.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information