Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do in the draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Tell you what, Im not sure about your religious beliefs but mine say I cant kill myself and still get to the promised land. So how about we help eachother out if we draft Crabtree lol

    bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

    Comment


    • #17
      We have a weak defensive line?

      ^A Bonekrusher production^
      #15
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

      Comment


      • #18
        I would love to spend the weekend in the Bengal's room to hear all what goes on during draft day.

        Because of all the red flags associated with Andre, you can bet they are doing a complete job with their due diligence on him. We know from the reporting that they have a spent a lot of time with him so as i said before, my bet is on the big Bama boy at #6.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by SC Igniter View Post
          I would love to spend the weekend in the Bengal's room to hear all what goes on during draft day.

          Because of all the red flags associated with Andre, you can bet they are doing a complete job with their due diligence on him. We know from the reporting that they have a spent a lot of time with him so as i said before, my bet is on the big Bama boy at #6.
          Which I think his red flags can be worked around if you put him around quality guys (Whitworth and Williams need to mentor this kid.)

          bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
            Which I think his red flags can be worked around if you put him around quality guys (Whitworth and Williams need to mentor this kid.)
            His red flags really aren't anything to be worried about IMO. If we surround with upstanding guys like you mentioned, it will quickly evolve into a non-issue. As of right now, I'm hoping he's our pick simply because of what he can do in the run game. He may not be the "answer" at LT, but put him on the right side with Collins on the left, and we ought to be set for a long while.


            worker bees can leave
            even drones can fly away
            the queen is their slave

            themaninblack
            15

            Comment


            • #21
              People who say you dont draft a RT in the first forget about Willie. We need to get our run game back and Andre is nothing but a run blocking force. Give me him and Williams on the right side and then Power Dive between RG and RT 5 yards.

              bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

              Comment


              • #22
                Any word how the Connor Barwin workout went yesterday? He's probably somewhere between the Bengals 1st 2 picks so he might be out of reach but he'd play real well in Ohio.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I havent heard much about it. Personally, if we get back into the 1st and get Mack or get another 2nd and get Wood, I would love to take Barwin at 38.

                  bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                    I havent heard much about it. Personally, if we get back into the 1st and get Mack or get another 2nd and get Wood, I would love to take Barwin at 38.

                    Personally i think the centers will be there at 38 but that's a differant subject. Barwin would probably project better to a 3-4 OLB but i can see where he could play DE, he's at 255 now and could easily add some lbs. You guys do play a 4-3 right?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      Personally i think the centers will be there at 38 but that's a differant subject. Barwin would probably project better to a 3-4 OLB but i can see where he could play DE, he's at 255 now and could easily add some lbs. You guys do play a 4-3 right?
                      We are indeed a 4-3 defense, with some 3-4 packages in place if I'm not mistaken. Barwin would be a great piece to add to the table, but only if we can get an extra pick by way of a trade. IMO, C is more important than going after Barwin.


                      worker bees can leave
                      even drones can fly away
                      the queen is their slave

                      themaninblack
                      15

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                        Ideally...

                        At 6: Monroe or Jason Smith if available

                        Trade back to early-mid teens, take either Andre Smith or Oher.


                        Most importantly, we MUST get one of the solid Centers. It's huge for next season.
                        I'm with you but I honestly think our thoughts of a Center in the first 4 rounds of this draft are a pipedream. I think they are satisfied with mediocrity at the Center position and we'll have that with Santucci or Cook. I hope I'm wrong. Although I want an OT with the first pick at 6, if Monroe and Smith are gones, I'd like to see a selection of Maclin and the trade of Chad which results in Oher later in Rd 1.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I think its hilarious now that Scott put Ellerbe in the third comp for Bengals that everyone is putting him in the third comp for the Bengals. Personally I want Mike Mickens at the Third comp spot. Though Ellerbe would be nice as well.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            With Bills looking to trade Jason Peters give them 6th pick for him He is a proven Tackle Move him to LT and Put Collins at RT then Trade Chad for a 1st round or 2nd round pick and i will drive him to the airport for them i will even buy the plane ticket to get him out of here.


                            RIP themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                              With Bills looking to trade Jason Peters give them 6th pick for him He is a proven Tackle Move him to LT and Put Collins at RT then Trade Chad for a 1st round or 2nd round pick and i will drive him to the airport for them i will even buy the plane ticket to get him out of here.
                              I would rather have A smith than Peters. Peters isnt proven...he had a down year and I honestly think his one good year was just a fluke. Plus I think he would be trouble anyway.

                              Chad will get moved on Draft day if he even gets moved. Best bet is the top of the 1st round or Bottom of the second....thinking between Iggles, Giants and Raiders.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                So let me get this straight, you want to get Jason Peters who gave up plenty of sacks last year for our number 6 pick?

                                ^A Bonekrusher production^
                                #15
                                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information