What to do in the draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do in the draft?

What would you like to see the Bengals do in the draft? With the recent signing of Tank Johnson, Raji is not as necessary as he might have been. So now stands the question, move up for a left tackle, stay and take the best available player or trade back to pick up extra picks?

I would like to see a trade to get more picks. Either trade six away to get more or Ocho. One of the two. (maybe both)

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

Ideally...

At 6: Monroe or Jason Smith if available

Trade back to early-mid teens, take either Andre Smith or Oher.

Most importantly, we MUST get one of the solid Centers. It's huge for next season.

Comment

If they bengals stayed and picked up Andre Smith and than in the second rd got mack, unger, wood I would finally believe the Gods are with us.
        But with that it probably will work out that way Smith will be arrested 2 days after the draft and our new center will get injured in the pre-season. We never get lucky..... Please let 09 be the begining of the times of chance for the Bengals

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
          Most importantly, we MUST get one of the solid Centers. It's huge for next season.
          This is indeed a must for the draft. If we don't go after any of top three Cs, we might as well consider this draft a fail. I would rank C as high of a need as OT. It's that important IMO.

worker bees can leave
          even drones can fly away
          the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Definitely need the Center more than anything. At 6 I could see a variety of different selections and I think Andre Smith is probably the best for us even with his 'troubles'. We are set at LT(with AC) in my mind and we could pick Smith and make him our starting RT for years. If they aren't confident in Smith then I would like to see Everette Brown or Brian Orakpo be the pick. If we get lucky and one of the tackles or Aaron Curry falls then we should def take one of them though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

If we get Andre Smith i will say Hey there goes 20 million dollars down the toilet and then we will again be made fun of for drafting a huge bust would rather have us reach for Oher at #6 then take Andre Smith.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Realistically, considering our track record of not being that active in trading picks on draft day, we will be at #6. While I appreciate everyone's concerns about Andre Smith, this will be our pick unless someone else falls into our lap. The only one outside a OT that I would consider at #6 is Orakpo/Curry and both of these studs should be gone by our pick. No on Crabtree. If I was in Vegas, set the odds around 80% on OT for our 1st pick.

I think we have a consensus that C is a must at #2. Thats 100%!

I really see our club getting much better with the right picks + a healthy Palmer.

Comment

At first, I was hesitant toward taking A. Smith, but now that I've seen more tape on him, I would love to have him here. Yes, there are some maturity/character issues, but nothing terrifying. The fact is that he absolutely destroys people, especially in the run. He would be a huge addition to our extremely thin OL and could be most likely play anywhere but C. I'm all for taking him at 6.

And while taking Crabtree would instantly make our WR corp one of the, if not the, best in the league, it won't matter because we will still have no line to protect Carson.

As if it hasn't already been said enough, C is just as important as OT in my book. It is an absolute must.

worker bees can leave
                  even drones can fly away
                  the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                    If we get Andre Smith i will say Hey there goes 20 million dollars down the toilet and then we will again be made fun of for drafting a huge bust would rather have us reach for Oher at #6 then take Andre Smith.
                    Your acting as though Oher isn't a risk at all? I'd say he has some pretty similar question marks as well.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                      Your acting as though Oher isn't a risk at all? I'd say he has some pretty similar question marks as well.
                      I would say that Oher is possibly more of a risk. While it makes for a great story, his learning disability has to be a big flag for some teams. We need a guy who can step in and play, he might be a guy who needs more time to digest playbooks.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

Actually i would rather have us take Crabtree Moreno Wells Orkapo Maybin Brown over Smith or Oher dont really like either Oher or Smith but if we had to take one i would go with Oher just because i dont want to get another J Johnson someone one that cant stay in shape and is not committed to football

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                          Actually i would rather have us take Crabtree Moreno Wells Orkapo Maybin Brown over Smith or Oher dont really like either Oher or Smith but if we had to take one i would go with Oher just because i dont want to get another J Johnson someone one that cant stay in shape and is not committed to football
                          Saying that Smith isn't committed to football is a ridiculous statement. Personally, I think things got blown way out of proportion with his shenanigans this off-season and people are reading too much into them.

As an aside, I have no idea where your sentences begin/end.

worker bees can leave
                          even drones can fly away
                          the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                            Saying that Smith isn't committed to football is a ridiculous statement. Personally, I think things got blown way out of proportion with his shenanigans this off-season and people are reading too much into them.

As an aside, I have no idea where your sentences begin/end.
                            I have no idea why he listed 5 guys we better not touch at 6. Crabtree, Wells, Moreno, Maybin and Brown

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                              I have no idea why he listed 5 guys we better not touch at 6. Crabtree, Wells, Moreno, Maybin and Brown
                              No one out of those 5, except Crabtree, warrants being picked at 6. And if we take Crabtree, I'll kill myself.

worker bees can leave
                              even drones can fly away
                              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information