No announcement yet.

Cincinnati Reds Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last nights game was really exciting and Brantley made a really good point about this particular team in regards to Roy Oswalt. He said they are batting over .300 against him and now have five home runs. In 8 seasons with Griffey/Dunn, they were batting nowhere NEAR .300 and had only FOUR homeruns against him. Seems like the days of Oswalts dominance against the Reds may be coming to an abrupt end.

Also, Joey Votto is freakin' amazing and if he does not make the All Star team this year(barring a complete meltdown) it will be a joke. Get your brooms ready?

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
      Last nights game was really exciting and Brantley made a really good point about this particular team in regards to Roy Oswalt. He said they are batting over .300 against him and now have five home runs. In 8 seasons with Griffey/Dunn, they were batting nowhere NEAR .300 and had only FOUR homeruns against him. Seems like the days of Oswalts dominance against the Reds may be coming to an abrupt end.

Also, Joey Votto is freakin' amazing and if he does not make the All Star team this year(barring a complete meltdown) it will be a joke. Get your brooms ready?
      I love what we've been able to do against Roy "Reds Killer" Oswalt this year. Great point about what he did to us in recent past, and I agree in saying that those years are - hopefully - coming to and end. Bring out the brooms.

worker bees can leave
      even drones can fly away
      the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Yay.

worker bees can leave
        even drones can fly away
        the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. 1.5 games back going into a great road series against the division leader(s). What a position to be in right now and this is where we are really gonna see what this team is made of.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Bronson is a beast. Man, this train needs to keep rolling, we are definitely capable of competing for a playoff spot with moderate health.

Comment

Aaron Harang sucks. 1-2 count on Pujols and he throws a meat pitch right down the middle.
              And why the hell didn't Gomes start in LF and Stubbs in CF?

Comment

Originally posted by redbills View Post
                Aaron Harang sucks. 1-2 count on Pujols and he throws a meat pitch right down the middle.
                D-U-S-T-Y B-A-K-E-R

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by redbills View Post
                  Well the reason those two didn't start was Chris Carpenter. He is a dominate pitcher and just shuts most right handed hitters down. He is even tough on most lefties as well. Dusty was trying to get as many left handed bats in the line-up as he could. I cant fault him for that. Dickerson had a very strong spring and made starting him against righties a viable option. We all have to remember Stubbs only hit just over .260 last year when all was said and done. He has a bright future but he is still young and a work in progress. Lets all just be happy Taveras wasn't out there again this year:)

Comment

woohooo thanks for bringing this one back to life.

PO'd I didn't get to go to opening day but it was fun despite the L. As always, I start the season off fairly optimistic. Can't wait for tomorrow nights game.

Also think Homer could be in for a really solid year.

Comment

Homer will start to show the ace he can be, Chapman will emerge as dominant and Leake will show his crazy potential too

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

$50 says that Dusty Baker wont make it through the whole season.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                          Homer will start to show the ace he can be, Chapman will emerge as dominant and Leake will show his crazy potential too
                          Idk about Chapman so quick, and I really hope they don't try him in the bullpen. He needs to work and work on becoming a starter as well as developing some more pitches. While his FB/Chg combo is pretty ridiculous, he's still gonna need something else IMO.

Very surprised with them making Mike Leake our fifth starter right off the bat. I didn't get to see much of him(or the spring for that matter), so I'll just trust in Walt on that one. Got to say I have been impressed with some of the reports regarding his pitching IQ and overall attitude towards the game.

We're gonna need a big year from Bailey if we plan on contending, that's for damn sure. He showed some glimpses last year so hopefully he can get some consistency going and fulfill some of that great potential. Our season may hinge on what he's able to contribute especially with Voltron done for the foreseeable future.

I have some optimism in this team and while I don't think we're gonna take the division, we may be able to sneak into the playoffs with that Wild Card. Gonna need a lot of things to go our way with the pitching staff, and we're gonna need some more offensive firepower outside of Joey Votto. Phillips has to become more disciplined at the plate and Jay Bruce is gonna have to put it all together in order for us to be successful. I also really like what Scott Rolen has to provide this young team and hopefully his bat comes alive in GABP this year.

whew.

EDIT: and I agree with the idea of firing Dusty. We cannot let him ruin the arms of this staff.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkpba View Post
                            Well the reason those two didn't start was Chris Carpenter. He is a dominate pitcher and just shuts most right handed hitters down. He is even tough on most lefties as well. Dusty was trying to get as many left handed bats in the line-up as he could. I cant fault him for that. Dickerson had a very strong spring and made starting him against righties a viable option. We all have to remember Stubbs only hit just over .260 last year when all was said and done. He has a bright future but he is still young and a work in progress. Lets all just be happy Taveras wasn't out there again this year:)
                            Yea but Stubbs was still 2-2 (Dickerson 1-5) for the game and was 1-1 vs. Chris C. Stubbs is the better player play him everyday. Nix sucks but he did get a hit but it was a little grounder that got by the 1st B if i recall. Gomes much better player, if anything he should of had Dick in LF and Stubbs in CF if you wanted another LHB in the order.

Comment

Definitely like what Rolen provides. Much happier with the lineup this year than last year opening day.

I heard Chapman also has a nasty slider, not sure if it's a new pitch or what.

The reason I'm so pumped with Homer is from his starts at the end of last year.

In his last 9 starts....

6 wins
                              Gave up 0 runs 3 times
                              Gave up 1 run 3 times
                              Gave up no more than 3 runs in those starts

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                                Definitely like what Rolen provides. Much happier with the lineup this year than last year opening day.

I heard Chapman also has a nasty slider, not sure if it's a new pitch or what.

The reason I'm so pumped with Homer is from his starts at the end of last year.

In his last 9 starts....

6 wins
                                Gave up 0 runs 3 times
                                Gave up 1 run 3 times
                                Gave up no more than 3 runs in those starts
                                This is Homer's year. I think he takes the ball and runs this year. He knows if he wants to stay as the top player he has been on every lever thus far, he needs to do it now.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information