Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason Game 1 @ New Orleans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Preseason Game 1 @ New Orleans

    Well, had to watch the starters play while I was at work so I didn't quite get to take it all in.

    The run blocking was extremely good. Pass blocking didn't seem too bad either, Carson just couldn't find anyone open downfield. Way too many holding calls. Chad, Henry, Benson and Scott look good.

    Didn't get to take in too much on the defense, seemed like they got decent pressure.

    Thoughts?

  • #2
    JT O'Sullivan is also looking good but I'm always cautious to give much thought to a backup QB doing well in preseason... Fitzpatrick also did well last preseason lol..

    Henry is definitely looking good, only continues the positive vibes we've been getting about him all offseason.

    Comment


    • #3
      I thought we looked great in the first when the starters were in there. The OL's blocking was surprisingly good and it looked like they were working more like a unit than individuals.

      I think it's a good thing that the defense wasn't on the field a whole lot, but when they were, they looked pretty damn good. Sad that we didn't get to see Rey.

      Saw some good things from Scott, M. Johnson, and company. Huber was excellent as expected.


      worker bees can leave
      even drones can fly away
      the queen is their slave

      themaninblack
      15

      Comment


      • #4
        I came away pretty impressed with what I saw of tonight's game. The OL did very well in the running game(which I kinda thought would actually be a strength) and they did pretty good in pass pro. Too many penalties definitely but you just gotta take that for what it is I guess. This is where you work those types of things out and I know for sure some of those calls were questionable. Cedric and Bernard Scott both looked very explosive which was great to watch. Benson kinda reminds me of Rudi when he first came around(and not because of the number) with a little more explosion. Scott just looks great out there, it was impressive to see him make something out of nothing as they say. Chad, Laveraneus, and Chris all looked sharp.

        The D was also quite impressive, though I'm still really unhappy with the fact that Ndukwe isnt starting. Tank, Peko, Sims, and MJ all looked very good as they were flying all over the place. Rivers made a great play at the goal line which is pretty much expected.


        All in all, pretty nice showing from this team. Doesn't really mean much now but I am encouraged by this.

        ^A Bonekrusher production^
        #15
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

        Comment


        • #5
          Our starting D gave a lot less yards than I expected. I was expected more of our bend but not break D. We showed great stuff on defense.

          I think Bernard Scott was the MAN out there. Showed amazing change of direction, burst and was not afraid to duck his head and go for the extra 1 yard.

          bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
            I came away pretty impressed with what I saw of tonight's game. The OL did very well in the running game(which I kinda thought would actually be a strength) and they did pretty good in pass pro. Too many penalties definitely but you just gotta take that for what it is I guess. This is where you work those types of things out and I know for sure some of those calls were questionable. Cedric and Bernard Scott both looked very explosive which was great to watch. Benson kinda reminds me of Rudi when he first came around(and not because of the number) with a little more explosion. Scott just looks great out there, it was impressive to see him make something out of nothing as they say. Chad, Laveraneus, and Chris all looked sharp.

            The D was also quite impressive, though I'm still really unhappy with the fact that Ndukwe isnt starting. Tank, Peko, Sims, and MJ all looked very good as they were flying all over the place. Rivers made a great play at the goal line which is pretty much expected.


            All in all, pretty nice showing from this team. Doesn't really mean much now but I am encouraged by this.
            MJ was looked like he could be a force out there with more time. He was pushing linemen back a lot.

            Rivers was out there like a man on a mission. On a couple run plays I saw him really deliver shots to the linemen and clog the holes.

            bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

            Comment


            • #7
              I was disappointed I missed a lot of the defensive series.

              I did see Johnson got a deflection after he had destroyed the pocket, I was VERY happy to see that given our lineman never deflect the ball. Jerome Simpson showed some flashes as well.

              In preseason, really all you can ask for is no big injuries and we got that.
              Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 08-15-2009, 01:18 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                This next game should be a real judge of how M.Johnson is progressing. We will see if he is consistent if he performs decent against the Pats.

                bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yea, He didnt do anything fantastic really but I did like what I saw from him in the sense that you can see that he could be a very special player. He's a lot stronger than I thought he was going to be. The Pats should be a nice test for him but really even if the kid doesnt show much this season I won't be too mad about it. He's still pretty raw as a DE anyway. That said, I hope he(along with Tank) can provide that spark this pass rush needs.

                  I can't wait to see Maualuga make his debut!

                  ^A Bonekrusher production^
                  #15
                  Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think the Bengals absolutely stole Bernard Scott. I said he was a first round talent with 7th round character. He looks incredible and I would not be surprised if he ends up starting by the end of the season. I am considering drafting him in the last round of my fantasy draft if he is not already the starter by the end of the month.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jnew76 View Post
                      I think the Bengals absolutely stole Bernard Scott. I said he was a first round talent with 7th round character. He looks incredible and I would not be surprised if he ends up starting by the end of the season. I am considering drafting him in the last round of my fantasy draft if he is not already the starter by the end of the month.
                      He is very impressive that's for sure, but IDK if I would go so far as to say he's going to be the starter. We've seen a lot of growth from Cedric in his short time here and he looks a step faster than I've ever seen him. That said, Scott could make a huge contribution this year and I could see him become the starter at RB in the future.

                      ^A Bonekrusher production^
                      #15
                      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                        He is very impressive that's for sure, but IDK if I would go so far as to say he's going to be the starter. We've seen a lot of growth from Cedric in his short time here and he looks a step faster than I've ever seen him. That said, Scott could make a huge contribution this year and I could see him become the starter at RB in the future.
                        Yeah, I am definitely jumping the gun... he hasn't even made the team yet for sure...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's probably a foregone conclusion that he has made the team. They cut veteran back Kenny Watson already and I suppose that was to make room for him. Its probably going to be Benson, Leonard, Scott, and Jeremi Johnson if they go by the same 3 RB/1FB thing they've been doing.

                          ^A Bonekrusher production^
                          #15
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information