Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 2 : Packers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Week 2 : Packers

    It's half time when I'm posting this, but man is this an interesting game. Coats' fumble was all luck but I'm loving it right now.

    21-21 against a team that was suppose to destroy us. Let's hope we can hang in there a little bit longer.

  • #2
    I officially have a man-crush on Mike Zimmer.

    When we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with turnovers and penalties, we look pretty damn good. I'm still waiting for Palmer to get into prime form, but I think he's well on his way. Overall, solid performance minus the mental errors.


    worker bees can leave
    even drones can fly away
    the queen is their slave

    themaninblack
    15

    Comment


    • #3
      This is the Bengals I wanted to see against the Broncos, we looked good out there. Hopefully we stay consistent and put up some more W's. I was not impressed with Palmer today though, he didn't play very well in my opinion. He is still rusty and needed those preseason snaps.
      R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by crites09 View Post
        This is the Bengals I wanted to see against the Broncos, we looked good out there. Hopefully we stay consistent and put up some more W's. I was not impressed with Palmer today though, he didn't play very well in my opinion. He is still rusty and needed those preseason snaps.
        Eh, his stat line was terrific minus the two touchdowns. Obviously there was some plays that made you think "wow he's still a little rusty", but you got to think about who he was playing. That Packer's secondary is very good, especially the corners with Harris & Woodson.

        The offense was a lot better this week as opposed to last week. And I know they'll continue to get better.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
          Eh, his stat line was terrific minus the two touchdowns. Obviously there was some plays that made you think "wow he's still a little rusty", but you got to think about who he was playing. That Packer's secondary is very good, especially the corners with Harris & Woodson.

          The offense was a lot better this week as opposed to last week. And I know they'll continue to get better.
          Yea but those interceptions could have been made by anyone... Just terrible reads by Palmer and even worse throws.
          R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

          Comment


          • #6
            In an earlier post I praised Odom and said he would be the sack leader of the team and may go to the pro bowl. Glad to see this coming about!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
              In an earlier post I praised Odom and said he would be the sack leader of the team and may go to the pro bowl. Glad to see this coming about!
              Its nice to see him earn his contract 7 sacks in 2 games.... :D I hope it continues throughout the year. I love Mike Zimmer's D
              R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by crites09 View Post
                Its nice to see him earn his contract 7 sacks in 2 games.... :D I hope it continues throughout the year. I love Mike Zimmer's D
                As do I.

                I only really got to watch moments of the first half...listen to the third quarter on radio and watch the 4th quarter...However here are some strong and weak points I picked up.

                Weak

                Carson Palmers decision making on some throws. Mainly the two int's.

                Third down conversion for the defense. Against Denver it was amazing, however the defense allowed a little too much free roam on the 3rd downs.

                Strong

                Odom - Straight up was all over the QB and Oline.

                Rey Rey - This man can hit!

                Cedric Benson - I thought picking him up last year was great and I was glad they resigned him! He proved he could knife through the 3-4 defense today.

                Offensive Line - Looked alot better today

                WR- Also looked better today...especially Caldwell

                Comment


                • #9
                  i didn't catch the game, anybody wanna do a write-up if they saw it? :D

                  looking at the stats i was glad that we put some points up, but what the hell is up with #9?

                  Cedric Benson is a big hell-yeah.

                  Did the line play well at all?

                  the D got light-weight torched point-wise, but i'm diggin' all the sacks we got.

                  did Rey smack anybody?

                  RIP ST

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                    As do I.

                    I only really got to watch moments of the first half...listen to the third quarter on radio and watch the 4th quarter...However here are some strong and weak points I picked up.

                    Weak

                    Carson Palmers decision making on some throws. Mainly the two int's.

                    Third down conversion for the defense. Against Denver it was amazing, however the defense allowed a little too much free roam on the 3rd downs.

                    Strong

                    Odom - Straight up was all over the QB and Oline.

                    Rey Rey - This man can hit!

                    Cedric Benson - I thought picking him up last year was great and I was glad they resigned him! He proved he could knife through the 3-4 defense today.

                    Offensive Line - Looked alot better today

                    WR- Also looked better today...especially Caldwell
                    For weak points I will add the amount of penalties, WAY to many and bad penalties too. There were 2-3 Delay of game on Palmer and how many false starts. Those are unacceptable. Also the the onside kick coverage they didn't have any urgency to recover it...

                    There are a lot of positives which is a good thing. Like you said Odom was great along with the rest of the Dline. They may not have gotten the sacks like Odom but constant pressure was there. Thing that made me happy is to see everyone who touched the ball on offense fought for the extra yard and it paid off. Caldwell made a 3rd down conversion, Coats run on the screen play (although he did get caught from behind by Jenkins.. lol), Coles hustle on Coats fumble. Also the DBs played well, shut out Greg Jennings and not many teams do that. Roy Williams delivered a huge hit on Donald Lee. Huge kudos to Quan Cosby as well, definitely proving to be earning his roster spot. Also Kevin Huber had a great game punting.. had a 61 yard punt..ended in a touchback but nice to know he can kick that ball that far haha..


                    How did I forget Rey Rey's 2 forced fumbles.. one hit on Ryan Grant and on a sack!!
                    R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by crites09 View Post


                      How did I forget Rey Rey's 2 forced fumbles.. one hit on Ryan Grant and on a sack!!
                      sweet. that's what i like to hear.

                      RIP ST

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by crites09 View Post
                        Roy Williams delivered a huge hit on Donald Lee.
                        That hit on Donald Lee was crazy. If anyone else came in to hit him, Donald Lee would have caught that ball. Roy Williams laid him out!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well I didn't get to see all of the game because I was at work but we looked pretty darn good after a rough start with those two INTs. The defense was laying people out and the pass rush was HUGE. It's nice to FINALLY have a Defense that can get to the QB. Benson was running with purpose while the OL looked much improved. All in all, an impressive win against a good team at Lambeau. We know the talent is there and it looks like they are starting to get it together. Hopefully we can keep this going against the Steelers next Sunday.


                          They are definitely trying to give me a heart attack though.

                          ^A Bonekrusher production^
                          #15
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What has gotten into Antwan Odom? A sack away from his career high after 2 games?! Incredible.

                            I think if Carson Palmer pulls it together this team has a chance to be very dangerous because the defense is very solid and the running game is getting going. But they'll go as far as #9 takes them, hopefully that's pretty far!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think 9's gonna be alright with more time with his receivers. If we can keep him upright I don't think we're gonna have to worry about him at all.

                              ^A Bonekrusher production^
                              #15
                              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information