• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...=nfp&type=lgns

Brandon Marshall and Bengals a no go.

:(
    Lombardi is making that assumption off an article from Aaron Wilson who is making his assumption off an article from the Cincinnati Enquirer's Joe Reedy.

It's been discussed here before, but Joe Reedy is an awful reporter and I highly doubt his article has much merit.

for reference:

1) Lombardi's article: in his article the text "the Bengals front office will shy away from spending the money" redirects you to Aaron Wilson's article.

2) Wilson's article: in his article, the text "unlikely to take any action" redirects you to Joe Reedy's article.

3) Reedy's article: Joe Reedy is always negative about the team and it wouldn't surprise me if he just makes things up.

I'm not saying that we're definitely interested in Marshall, I just think there is very little merit behind anything Reedy related and I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Comment

Mike Brown took care of your TE and WR needs with one signing: Matt Jones. Now that is thrifty! LOL!

Comment

Bryant doesn't give us that big home run threat. He's had 2 good years out of 8. Cris Collinsowrth said after talking with league officials that Marshall is one misstep away from a year suspension. He is great, but a bad investment that would probably cause money jealousies with Chad too. I'll take TO and then draft a WR in rd 1 or 2 also.

Comment

Originally posted by Warpig View Post
          Mike Brown took care of your TE and WR needs with one signing: Matt Jones. Now that is thrifty! LOL!
          Way to respond to something that happend a month ago!

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by rickscott View Post
            Bryant doesn't give us that big home run threat. He's had 2 good years out of 8. Cris Collinsowrth said after talking with league officials that Marshall is one misstep away from a year suspension. He is great, but a bad investment that would probably cause money jealousies with Chad too. I'll take TO and then draft a WR in rd 1 or 2 also.
            I completely agree with this. At first I was under the impression that if we brought T.O. in, it would cause problems between he and Chad. But the it occurred to me that Chad was the one who started lobbying for T.O. himself, which probably means that it wouldn't be a huge problem. They are completely different types of players and I could see T.O. having a good year with Palmer throwing to him. As nice as Marshall would be, he doesn't have that same relationship with Chad that Owens does, which could prove to cause a rift.

worker bees can leave
            even drones can fly away
            the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

I'd rather have A. Bryant on the team than T.O.

and Marshall over both of them.

RIP ST

Comment

I was curious so i fugred I'd do a little research.

Terrell Owens: 6'3'' 224 lbs.
                Demaryius Thomas: 6'3" 229 lbs.

They're practically the same size and I think if we bring in T.O. and draft Thomas, Thomas would have a golden opportunity to learn under a big, physical WR. That way, we get T.O. for now and Thomas for later. Me likey.

worker bees can leave
                even drones can fly away
                the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4982988

Bryant is the man 4 year deal 28 million same amount that Coles got last year hopefully he does not end up like Coles

RIP themaninblack

Comment

The Bengals also resigned Daniel Coats today to a one year deal for the league minimum. Bringing Coats back is pretty much putting the stock into him and Coffman at the TE spot. Lets hope Coffman learned how to atleast chip an end this offseason so he sees the field more then Coats.

Comment

Surprised that did another 4 year deal? Bryant better be healthy because we need some production at WR (the Bengals doctors worry me). With a clean bill of health, he has the speed and hands to make a big contribution to our offense. Much better than Coles. Palmer is getting close to what he needs for the offense to be potent!

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkpba View Post
                        The Bengals also resigned Daniel Coats today to a one year deal for the league minimum. Bringing Coats back is pretty much putting the stock into him and Coffman at the TE spot. Lets hope Coffman learned how to atleast chip an end this offseason so he sees the field more then Coats.
                        With the resigning of Coats i am now pulling for a TE in the 1st or 2nd i cant stand watching him another year. He cant block he cant catch i dont know y they resigned him

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                          With the resigning of Coats i am now pulling for a TE in the 1st or 2nd i cant stand watching him another year. He cant block he cant catch i dont know y they resigned him
                          They resigned him for the vet minimum I believe.. So he is more than likely going to get cut in training camp..

I read somewhere else that they were trying to decided whether or not to bring back Foshci.. Foschi and Coats will just be training camp bodies and nothing more, unless Coffman can't step up
                          R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Originally posted by crites09 View Post
                            They resigned him for the vet minimum I believe.. So he is more than likely going to get cut in training camp..

I read somewhere else that they were trying to decided whether or not to bring back Foshci.. Foschi and Coats will just be training camp bodies and nothing more, unless Coffman can't step up
                            I think Coats is cut before the season starts.
                            Foschi earned a spot IMO.
                            Coffman - Foschi - Rookie/Kelly will be our likely TE.

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                              I think Coats is cut before the season starts.
                              Foschi earned a spot IMO.
                              Coffman - Foschi - Rookie/Kelly will be our likely TE.
                              Foschi hasn't been resigned yet though has he? If we draft a TE high and he isn't resigned by then... I'm assuming he won't be on the team unless of injury. I would prefer Reggie be on the team just for his leadership and mentoring skills. I just watched Hard Knocks again and Reggie was always taking Chase off to the side after almost every drill to give him pointers. If we don't resign Reggie as a player we should convince to him to retire and be asst TE coach. Whether we get a rookie or not Kelly should be there to help mentor these young players.
                              R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

He hasnt yet but I think he will be. I would love to keep Kelly but he would be a waste of a roster spot. If he is willing to come in as a coach that would be amazing.

I will be really pissed if we take a TE before the third at the earliest.
                                Colin Peek is the best TE for our offense in this draft IMO.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information