No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think any of our issues with Gresham is that we don't think he's talented.... It's that we aren't sure he'll be used correctly. I mean, I think we could all concede that a pass catching TE was the biggest need on the team but WR isn't far behind and many of us felt Bryant was the most talented.

Chad is only signed through 2011 and we need another premiere WR to take his spot, I just don't see him coming back.

Count me in as also not that sold on Antonio Bryant, I don't think he'll be Cole bad but I'm not sure he'll have a big impact. Not to mention Bryant's character concerns were nothing compared to other players Brown has pulled the trigger on.

I'm not against Gresham, I'm just against not taking Bryant. Last year I would've killed for a good pass catching TE. I just hope they utilize Gresham as he should be and he stays healthy.

Comment

Gresham's health is my biggest concern and his use under our offense.

Today is gonna make or break for our draft

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

I think the pick was inevitable. We all had that feeling that Bryant would be there..I am so glad the Cowboys leaped in front of the Ravens and grabbed him...to have to play him and wish we took him and he kick our butt would have sucked year in and year out. Gresham will hopefully be a playmaker, and I think he will.

Comment

I'm not really worried about whether or not they'll be able to use Gresh correctly. He's the type of player that can make things happen in the passing game regardless of what type of routes hes running. I do hope they can be creative with him in the way OU was, but that prolly wont happen. I just hope their confidence in his potential as a blocker is legitimate because we already have a guy that can catch the ball with the best of em in Chase.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
            Gresham's health is my biggest concern and his use under our offense.

Today is gonna make or break for our draft
            I disagree with the last statement. Yesterday made our draft. We nabbed the player in the draft that will get the most opportunity early for a team that needs to take advantage and win this season. Foschi -> Gresham was the biggest improvement you could possibly see. You're going to love this guy, from the first time I saw him during his freshman year I knew this was a special player and by his junior season he was my highest graded TE prospect of the decade.

I think the Bengals will be considering Nate Allen, Arrelious Benn, & Sergio Kindle in the 2nd Round, hoping they fall. If not, I think a Corner will be the pick.

Why anyone would rather have Kindle, a backup in 2010, over Jermaine Gresham is beyond me. There's no way Sergio can cover a guy like Gresham and there's no way he starts from Day One. He's a fit at SLB, a good blitzer, and a player with a good deal of physicality & pop... but he's a fairly large character risk. I would have loved Dez as well, but I like that we got a great worker that's going to contribute right away. Can't wait to see him in stripes. I hope they let him keep 18 as a TE, if not.. 88, 84?

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
              I'm not really worried about whether or not they'll be able to use Gresh correctly. He's the type of player that can make things happen in the passing game regardless of what type of routes hes running. I do hope they can be creative with him in the way OU was, but that prolly wont happen. I just hope their confidence in his potential as a blocker is legitimate because we already have a guy that can catch the ball with the best of em in Chase.
              I don't get this. The Bengals couldn't ever be too creative because they didn't have a Tight End that created mismatches down the field or in the redzone. Now we do. He's much further along as a blocker than Chase, the team has come out and said it, and Jermaine has shown the willingness to work hard to improve in that aspect. The man's enormous, he's strong, he's got great desire. He has Chase's enormous catching radius but added athleticism to move down the field and added speed/power for running after the catch.

I'm extremely confident in his ability to be a top tier player at his position.

edit: I read your post wrong. Sorry buddy. We got a good one yesterday.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                I don't get this. The Bengals couldn't ever be too creative because they didn't have a Tight End that created mismatches down the field or in the redzone. Now we do. He's much further along as a blocker than Chase, the team has come out and said it, and Jermaine has shown the willingness to work hard to improve in that aspect. The man's enormous, he's strong, he's got great desire. He has Chase's enormous catching radius but added athleticism to move down the field and added speed/power for running after the catch.

I'm extremely confident in his ability to be a top tier player at his position.

edit: I read your post wrong. Sorry buddy. We got a good one yesterday.
                I sure hope we did. And I also keep having day dreams about what it'll be like to actually have two TE's that can do something as receivers.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Just FYI-It appears that there was a medical condition regarding Kindle which caused his fall out of the 1st round. Per PFT and other publications, he has a pre-existing knee problem which could possibly require micro-fracture surgery.

Truly sucks, as I was hoping for him or Gresham in the 1st round. The guy is a major talent and would offer us some major options in front alignments and scheme diversity.

I haven't seen this posted here yet, but if it has already been posted, I'll delete the message.

Comment

Did not see that one coming.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Not a terrible pick, but I would have much rather gone after a S or OLB. Give us Reshad Jones and Rennie Curran and it'll all be forgiven ;)

worker bees can leave
                      even drones can fly away
                      the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Fits Mike Brown perfect I am not mad because he will end up being a situational Passrusher this year and really get lazy when he is only in for 10 snaps a game.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Looks like Caldwell is done in the slot.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Still no safety or guard. WTF?

Comment

I know. We should have snagged Ducasse in the 2nd

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
                                Still no safety or guard. WTF?
                                All the safetys have been picked by the time the Bengals have picked. I felt they were pretty happy with the Guards after signing Bobbie Williams.

IMO they have filled 3 needs

In TE, Another Passrusher, and WR

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information