The Fire Our Coaching Staff Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
    When you are done living in 2006 waiting on those improvements under Marvin, let me know.
    I couldn't agree more. Marvin has to go. Brat is the worst.
    Who Dey & Go Bucks
    The Bengals are going to the Super Bowl.

Comment

The staff has done a very good job of bringing in talent through the draft and some key free agents but what they have failed to do is get them to all work as a good TEAM. When you look at this team talent wise they stack up well with most of the teams in the NFL. There just hasn't been that little something that brings it all together.

There are some spots that really need upgrades and Safety is the biggest. The Bengals have some really good "in the box" safeties. They don't have any that can cover. When you combine that with the lack of pass rush you get into the situation like you had yesterday with lots of passing yards.

And as far as the offense goes well people will again look at Palmers numbers and say "see there's nothing wrong with Carson". Well if you look a huge chunk of those yards came after the catch. With the lack of a great offensive line you have to rely on short quick passes and an ability to run the ball so you can set up play action. Carson also has been very bad on his deep throws.

As usual early in the game the coaching staff tries to dial up deep passes and deeper routes. And like usual Cinci found itself in a deep hole they had to crawl out of. I will admit the Coaches have done a decent job of halftime adjustments this season. The problem is The game plan coming into the game. You cant dig 21 or more point holes and expect to be able to comeback and win. Yesterday they worked so hard to get back in the game they had nothing left for the end of it and couldn't hang on.

Enough on the offense now on to the defense. The lack of having a coverage safety raised its ugly head yesterday in a huge way. This and a lack of reliable depth in the secondary. Even the best corners in the league rely on safeties to help them lock down a good receiver. Cinci worried so much about Gonzales over the middle it really opened up the outside of the field. They were using both safeties to cover the middle and that forced the corners to have to cheat the middle of the field allowing the receivers free range of the outside. One good cover safety changes the entire outlook on yesterdays game. The staff has ignored this need and its showing up with teams now taking this into their plans and exploiting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkpba View Post
        The staff has done a very good job of bringing in talent through the draft and some key free agents but what they have failed to do is get them to all work as a good TEAM. When you look at this team talent wise they stack up well with most of the teams in the NFL. There just hasn't been that little something that brings it all together.

A lot of that talent is being misused and poorly progressed. Hell, most aren't even in the league anymore. Until Marvin let's go of his "project" ideas and just draft the better players, we will never see our great drafts pan out.

There are some spots that really need upgrades and Safety is the biggest. The Bengals have some really good "in the box" safeties. They don't have any that can cover. When you combine that with the lack of pass rush you get into the situation like you had yesterday with lots of passing yards.

And as far as the offense goes well people will again look at Palmers numbers and say "see there's nothing wrong with Carson". Well if you look a huge chunk of those yards came after the catch. With the lack of a great offensive line you have to rely on short quick passes and an ability to run the ball so you can set up play action. Carson also has been very bad on his deep throws.

Most of the time when you see a "great QB" throw for a lot of yards, they tend to be with a ton of YAC. Or else you just get a college spread QB. Who just chucks the ball up 100 times and lives off of 10 yard completions at best. We use a good mix of deep, short and medium passes.

As usual early in the game the coaching staff tries to dial up deep passes and deeper routes. And like usual Cinci found itself in a deep hole they had to crawl out of. I will admit the Coaches have done a decent job of halftime adjustments this season. The problem is The game plan coming into the game. You cant dig 21 or more point holes and expect to be able to comeback and win. Yesterday they worked so hard to get back in the game they had nothing left for the end of it and couldn't hang on.

What you are really missing here is that this is a theme EVERY GAME! We go in with no game plan and have to play oh **** catch up in the 2nd half.

Enough on the offense now on to the defense. The lack of having a coverage safety raised its ugly head yesterday in a huge way. This and a lack of reliable depth in the secondary. Even the best corners in the league rely on safeties to help them lock down a good receiver. Cinci worried so much about Gonzales over the middle it really opened up the outside of the field. They were using both safeties to cover the middle and that forced the corners to have to cheat the middle of the field allowing the receivers free range of the outside. One good cover safety changes the entire outlook on yesterdays game. The staff has ignored this need and its showing up with teams now taking this into their plans and exploiting it.

Lack of a safety? No. More like lack of a top coverage CB in JJ. We were not worried about Gonzo we were worried about Roddy. He abused both CB's plain and simple. Nothing to do with the safeties who actually played well covering the middle as all the big plays were the fault of the CBs.
        This game boils down to a few things:
        1. Marvin still misuses players like he always had.
        2. The coaching staff as a whole cannot game plan.
        3. We have no pass rush.
        4. We can't block.
        5. Chad needs to get his head out of his ass.
        6. Marvin can't manage a game to save his life.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

Another poorly coached game for the Bengals. Palmer again shows y we need a new QB. I can atleast give it to Zimmer from keeps us getting blown out with majority of the secondary out of the game.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

What can Carson do at this point when we have the same offense every quarter of every game? It is too damn predictable. We made no-counter adjustments and never changed in the 4th or 3rd. Miami adjusted. We didnt.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

I can see no benefit to retaining Bratkowski.... None....

Well, on the plus side things have officially hit 'i just hope it's a close game level'... Bleh. I wasn't certain they'd make the playoffs by any means but I thought 9-7 was fairly probable. Sure Joseph/Pacman are hurt but that's the only significant injury.

Pass rush is just awful right now.

Comment

yea, one official QB hit all game. Pass rush sucked, coverage sucked (due to injuries).

While safety is a roster concern, a top flight DE and a new QB are bigger priorities heading into the off season. But the most pressing need is a new coaching staff. Maybe this time whoever we hire will be able to choose their coordinators instead of this inheriting Bratkowski crap that Marvin had to go through.

Comment

We're a mess right now. Coming into the season, I thought we were pretty well set at most positions long term.

Now, I see so many holes. On offense, Cedric is a FA and is our only viable starting option. Shipley's good in the slot, but he's the only under 30 WR who looks to have starting potential. The interior of our OL is thoroughly mediocre. We need to draft a FB. And Carson....

On D, we could really use an impact pass rusher at DE. We need to find a replacement for Dhani at MLB (or SLB if we just move Rey inside). And we need at least one, maybe 2 young safeties.

It's just a mess and I don't see it being fixed in one draft or one offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by bengalbuck View Post
                    We're a mess right now. Coming into the season, I thought we were pretty well set at most positions long term.

Now, I see so many holes. On offense, Cedric is a FA and is our only viable starting option. Shipley's good in the slot, but he's the only under 30 WR who looks to have starting potential. The interior of our OL is thoroughly mediocre. We need to draft a FB. And Carson....

On D, we could really use an impact pass rusher at DE. We need to find a replacement for Dhani at MLB (or SLB if we just move Rey inside). And we need at least one, maybe 2 young safeties.

It's just a mess and I don't see it being fixed in one draft or one offseason.
                    That is what i was thinking. I think we are going to need to go into rebuilding mode with a new coaching staff.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Its offical now Fire Everyone one on the Coaching Staff.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

The talent has been assembled, just how they utilize them is completely awful.

Definitely time for a change, it will be refreshing. It kills me to see how these other teams run their offense and ours is 10 years in the past.

Comment

Lewis will coach his last game tomorrow. Check out
                          and see what they have to say about the game vs. the Jets. I voted to fire Lewis in the poll.
                          Last edited by njx9; 04-23-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DOLPHINATIC View Post
                            Lewis will coach his last game tomorrow. Check out
                            and see what they have to say about the game vs. the Jets. I voted to fire Lewis in the poll.
                            He will not be fired tomorrow. Mike Brown will let him ride out his contract for the rest of the year and decide not to resign him. At this point i am more worried about getting Rid of Brat and Carson Palmer then Lewis.
                            Last edited by njx9; 04-23-2011, 02:02 PM.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

I dont have NFL network so i didn't get to watch the game last night but just from looking at the stats and what little bit i was able to listen too it looks to me like the team has just quit and gave up. You have some players that have enough pride in themselves to play hard and keep trying but with all the divas and attitudes on the team its hard to be competitive when they are more worried about not getting hit and hurt then trying to win games. I'm fine with keeping everyone around for the rest of the season at this point. All it means is a better draft pick. Only thing to gain from firing Lewis at this point is pride as a fan. There is zero chance to make the playoffs so why not hope that they lose out so they get a high draft pick and have the choice of whoever they want? Other then the fact Mike Brown is still deciding who to pick and will probably F it up.

And for all those Carson Palmer backers who said it was the lack of weapons that was the reason for Palmer strugling what to have to say now? I was so happy they went out and got him some talented pass catchers so he would be exposed and wouldn't have an excuse anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkpba View Post
                                I dont have NFL network so i didn't get to watch the game last night but just from looking at the stats and what little bit i was able to listen too it looks to me like the team has just quit and gave up. You have some players that have enough pride in themselves to play hard and keep trying but with all the divas and attitudes on the team its hard to be competitive when they are more worried about not getting hit and hurt then trying to win games. I'm fine with keeping everyone around for the rest of the season at this point. All it means is a better draft pick. Only thing to gain from firing Lewis at this point is pride as a fan. There is zero chance to make the playoffs so why not hope that they lose out so they get a high draft pick and have the choice of whoever they want? Other then the fact Mike Brown is still deciding who to pick and will probably F it up.

And for all those Carson Palmer backers who said it was the lack of weapons that was the reason for Palmer strugling what to have to say now? I was so happy they went out and got him some talented pass catchers so he would be exposed and wouldn't have an excuse anymore.
                                If you didnt watch the game...dont comment.
                                Palmer got murdered by the Jets defense. The line gave up.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information