Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason

Well the season officially over...

First thing that needs to be cleared up is whether Marvin is staying or going... I personally wouldn't oppose for him to be resigned as long as he tries to bring in Hue Jackson as OC because word on the street these days is that Tom Cable is done and Hue isn't going to get the HC job there.. If Marvin isn't resigned I think Hue Jackson and Mike Zimmer will be the two options to be HC.

In the draft I have previously shared my opinions on who we should take and they are..

Round 1a : AJ Green, WR Georgia because Jerome now has 2 starts under his belt and has done very well (18 catches 247 yards 3 tds 2 fumbles) but that doesn't constitute handing him the #1 WR position. Bring in AJ Green and have your four WR set as Green, Simpson, Shipley and Caldwell looks decent to me.

Round 1b : Patrick Peterson, DB, LSU because we badly need a playmaker at the safety position... He projects nicely to the FS spot and can also play the slot if need be (like Malcom Jenkins does with Saints)

Round 2a: Rahim Moore/DeAndre McDaniel/Deunta Williams/Jeron Johnson S, Grab the best available safety on the board.

Round 2b: Justin Blackmon/Ryan Broyles/Torrey Smith really hard to say who will be available so just the best available WR

Round 3: I am saying its going to be Greg Romeus and thats who I want there

Round 4: Best available OG

Round 5: Alex Henery or Kai Forbath

Round 6: I believe belongs to Jacksonville for giving us Reggie Nelson for a David Jones (thank you Jesus)

Round 7: BPA
    R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

FB must be addressed at some point in this draft as we have completely ignored the position since Jeremy Johnson gained 4,000 lbs. I think someone mentioned getting Owen Marecic in one of the later rounds and I'd venture to say that the man is a ******* rock and I'd love to have him to sure up the run game.

worker bees can leave
    even drones can fly away
    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Well Marvin has resigned... not against it... word is no deal was done this morning because there was some issues with offensive staff members... press conference at 430 today
      R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Originally posted by crites09 View Post
        Well Marvin has resigned... not against it... word is no deal was done this morning because there was some issues with offensive staff members... press conference at 430 today
        As long as they fire Brats ass i can live with it because Marvin said he would only come back if Mike Brown gave up some control over the team.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
          As long as they fire Brats ass i can live with it because Marvin said he would only come back if Mike Brown gave up some control over the team.
          Willie Anderson was saying that Marvin Lewis wants full control of player personnel and that was the one of the only ways he would come back... Also don't know if John Thorton was serious or not but he said he was going to join the Bengals staff if Marvin stayed....

Hue Jackson is taking the runs around the league for HC jobs, but I see him being the Rooney run around coach this year... And if Oaklands new HC wants to bring in his own OC we better pursue Hue hard
          R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Just some numbers behind Hue Jackson's offense... If we can get him I say we do...

Oakland Raiders 2009 (31st) *under Ted Tollner*

Yards/game (31st)

Yards/play (30th)

Pts/game (31st)

total points (31st)

scrimmage plays (40th)

Oakland Raiders 2010 (10th) *under Hue Jackson*

Yards/game (10th) +33% from 2009

Yards/play (13th) +22% from 2009

Pts/game (6th) +108% from 2009

total points (6th) +108% from 2009

scrimmage plays (10th) +10% from 2009
            R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Marvin being resigned is easily the thing that will already ruin this brand new year for me. God how the heck could they justify bringing him back? We are doomed.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalsPwn View Post
                Marvin being resigned is easily the thing that will already ruin this brand new year for me. God how the heck could they justify bringing him back? We are doomed.
                I only have no hope if they dont dump Brat.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                  I only have no hope if they dont dump Brat.
                  I second this... Marvin makes his fair share of mistakes... The oline penalties fall down on the oline coach Paul Alexander, Marvin takes the blame but really the oline coach has to be on these guys butts about that

I also do not want Jay Hayes the TE coach back... He just simply cannot coach up a TE
                  R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

I don't want to fall into the trap of now talking Marvin up because we're stuck with him.

So I won't do that. But what I will say is that I have a hard time believing any coach better than Marvin Lewis would sign here and be willing to deal with the crap that goes on here.

Also, I agree with everyone about Bratkowski. However, I've never seen his play book. And I'm not in the booth with him either. he has had some pretty good offenses in the past considering the talent he's had to work with at times.

He's definitely not the best, and I don't see anyone offering him a head coaching job which is a pretty clear cut sign that he's not great for someone who's been coordinating for 10+ years in the same city.

Whatever, I can jump on this bus like I do every year. I'll just believe that Jerome Simpson will change this offense enough to make it watchable. Until he proves he's not as great as he looked at the end of the season, anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                      I don't want to fall into the trap of now talking Marvin up because we're stuck with him.

So I won't do that. But what I will say is that I have a hard time believing any coach better than Marvin Lewis would sign here and be willing to deal with the crap that goes on here.

Also, I agree with everyone about Bratkowski. However, I've never seen his play book. And I'm not in the booth with him either. he has had some pretty good offenses in the past considering the talent he's had to work with at times.

He's definitely not the best, and I don't see anyone offering him a head coaching job which is a pretty clear cut sign that he's not great for someone who's been coordinating for 10+ years in the same city.

Whatever, I can jump on this bus like I do every year. I'll just believe that Jerome Simpson will change this offense enough to make it watchable. Until he proves he's not as great as he looked at the end of the season, anyways.

Found Brat's playbook!

Comment

With AJ Green likely being the #1 pickwith Luck not declaring, who becomes your next option? DLmen like Nick Fairly, Da'Qan Bowers? Or DB's like PP or Prince?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Peterson was my #1 in the first place. Still don't think he will be there though for us. This team needs a playmaking FS bad and PP will fit that need well.

Comment

Why did you guys pick up the option for Ocho next season? He's a shell of his former self, expensive, and doesn't fit with the youth movement at WR IMO especially for what he's producing. Jerome Simpson has exploded onto the scene, AJ Green is still a likely pick because Bowers could go #1 overall, let's be honest WR's rarely go 1st so it's far from a done deal.

Shipley is a great slot WR, I just don't see why Ocho is brought back. He made some weird comments about Marvin Lewis, he's not really in sync with Carson anymore, just seems awkward.

What happens if you guys draft AJ Green? Then you have Green, Simpson, Shipley, and where does Chad fit in? You know he's gonna want the ball like the #1 guy no matter what, so I just didn't see the point in bothering with the headache again.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gert Scary View Post

Found Brat's playbook!
                              That TE is running to many routes for it to be Brats playbook

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                              With AJ Green likely being the #1 pickwith Luck not declaring, who becomes your next option? DLmen like Nick Fairly, Da'Qan Bowers? Or DB's like PP or Prince?
                              I think Dline could be possibility, not the popular choice but if we do go Dline I think its Nick Fairley honestly, I don't know why just think it.. PP yes if he is there Prince I don't see it unless they can't re-sign Joseph

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Why did you guys pick up the option for Ocho next season? He's a shell of his former self, expensive, and doesn't fit with the youth movement at WR IMO especially for what he's producing. Jerome Simpson has exploded onto the scene, AJ Green is still a likely pick because Bowers could go #1 overall, let's be honest WR's rarely go 1st so it's far from a done deal.

Shipley is a great slot WR, I just don't see why Ocho is brought back. He made some weird comments about Marvin Lewis, he's not really in sync with Carson anymore, just seems awkward.

What happens if you guys draft AJ Green? Then you have Green, Simpson, Shipley, and where does Chad fit in? You know he's gonna want the ball like the #1 guy no matter what, so I just didn't see the point in bothering with the headache again.
                              Well really the option was picked up the first year of the deal when he signed it.... it was a $3.5mill option to his rights for this year, so they can trade him if they want still even thought technically he isn't under contract unless you pick up the $6mill price tag which isn't that much if a team really needs a WR... But they can decide to cut him before a certain date and drop the $6mill cap hit
                              R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information