Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe but reggie kelly may be the least likely man on the field to catch a pass(aside from the OL) and we should hit him up a little more often so defenses are aware of him.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Him and Stewart can catch when needed. They both had some big catches for us last year.

It's just with Tab back this year I expect him to line up as a pass catching TE of sorts on 3rd downs... Then we have Henry/TJ/CJ obviously, if Perry would ever stay healthy we could have insane threats on 3rd down. Kelly helps Carson get more time as well.

Someone on another forum brought this up and I completely agree. Kelly is big for our hurry up because if you notice a lot times when Jeremi Johnson isn't out there he'll line up in the FB spot.

Comment

• ya ive noticed that many times. such a valuable and under-appreciated asset to this team.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• here ya go guys this is a tea shirt i thought of for you all

go here

http://www.zazzle.com/product/235039492428447864

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
            maybe but reggie kelly may be the least likely man on the field to catch a pass(aside from the OL) and we should hit him up a little more often so defenses are aware of him.
            True, but I'm still hoping we'll pick up Matt Spaeth in the fourth (if he falls that far) to be the big target TE.

He evidently isn't on too many teams' radars.

I can see molding Ghent, Day, or Perry (Tab) into a successful TE, but I fell in love with Spaeth earlier in the season when I got to watch him play (I forget which game.)

I was thinking that whenever the draft scouts started, Spaeth was going to be a first-rounder with his TE of the year awards and such.

But a fourth-rounder?!?
            Please, Marvin! Take him!!! . . .lol.

Thoughts?

Comment

• I really don't Cincy goes TE anywhere unless the value is too good to pass up on (i.e. Zach Miller in the fourth) and the player is a versatile threat. And Tab Perry at TE? I don't see that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                I really don't Cincy goes TE anywhere unless the value is too good to pass up on (i.e. Zach Miller in the fourth) and the player is a versatile threat. And Tab Perry at TE? I don't see that one.
                As a reciever, he takes the role of a TE on 3rd downs (aside from Kelly blocking).

I honestly don't think we'll draft one at all.

Comment

• i dont see a tight end either. one player ive been quiet about liking is Buster Davis. i wouldnt mind seeing him in the 2nd.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• We've lost Tony Stewart to the Raiders so we'll be drafting a TE somewhere along the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickscott View Post
                      We've lost Tony Stewart to the Raiders so we'll be drafting a TE somewhere along the line.
                      I don't think that is necessarily the case. We still have Ghent, Guenther, and Day. None of them are particularly great TEs, but neither was ToStew. He was an asset on special teams, but there is no reason to believe anyone we draft in the later rounds would be better than one of the three above mentioned TEs.

Comment

• Yeah Stewart didn't really add much to our offense, he was a pass catcher/ST guy anyway and Tab can easily take his place in that regard. Plus we have 3 guys, surely one of them can equal Stewarts productivity.

Comment

• what does tab weigh? he's such a stud on ST and a great change of pace player who can be used in multiple positions. he may prove to have the best value of any pick in that draft.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• He's listed at 6'3 208 but I think he's heavier than that. Early in the year he was essentially our 3rd down TE.

Comment

• Where I'm concerned about Tony Stewart is on STs not as a TE. We can wish all we want but the Tony Stewarts, Ethan Kilmers etc don't grow on trees, otherwise, all of our ST guys would be great and they are certainly not. It's just that losing him and laready having lost Wilkens puts a big dent in our STs. Take away the 2 best Off or Def players and I'm sure our STs coach is feeling about the same. Hopefully someone steps up.

Comment

• and he also played RB! i heart tab.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information