Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the start of mini-camp we'll finally start getting some news. Some good tidbits and quotes from today but this is the one thing that bothers me.

Crocker and Roy Williams lined up as the starters at safety with Chinedum coming in during nickel packages. Now, obviously the starters on the 1st day of mini-camp aren't locks to start the season but it's just troubling to me for any variation of the defense that doesn't have Ndukwe out there. I would argue he is our best playmaker.

Comment

• Yeah, I hope this isn't how its really going to be. Ndukwe needs to be on the field as much as possible.

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• anyone here think Kyle Cook

Looks a little like this guy

Comment

• I wanna take my copy of American Carol down to Georgetown with me. Get it signed by him.

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

• From Carson comparing this season to last season:
            “In my seven years here, this has been as good as its been,” Palmer said. “The mindset of the team, the amount of distractions is down and the focus is where it needs to be. As far as talent wise, this is probably the best talent we've had but the most maturity we've had by far. We're where we need to be, we’re headed in the right direction.”

He compares the team this year to the team last year.

“You compare where we are to last year, you could just tell we were a bad football team,” Palmer said. “Going into training camp, coming out of training camp. Week 1, it just felt terrible. We were out of synch, out of rhythm, all of our guys weren’t there. It was a scary year going in, then we start 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, you could see it coming.
            I know Carson is always positive but I'm starting to hear a lot of genuine things about how the locker room finally seems right and everyone is focused.

Chad Johnson on next season
            "It's going to be a great year; we're going to the playoffs," Ochocinco guaranteed during Thursday's opening of mandatory minicamp. "We're going ... We're making progress. I mean, I see it, and I can come out on a limb and say what we're going to do."
            Bratkowski on the team
            "The most pleasant thing has been the atmosphere here. It’s been very upbeat. I’ve had players — guys who have been here a while — mention to me that there’s a very serious focus and intensity to everybody that they haven’t felt in a while. That’s a good sign."
            Zimmer on Maualuga and Roy Williams
            "I think he's a lot better in coverage than people said he was. This guy can play three downs. They say all that crap, plus he can blitz. Why take the guy off the field if he can rush the quarterback? ... I think Maualuga will show up even more when we get to training camp because he's a football player and he's physical."
            Roy Williams on how they're going to lay the wood this year
            “If anything, we’re going to be a physical secondary,” (Chris) Crocker said.

Said (Roy) Williams: “We bring a presence that we’re not backing down from anyone and we’re going to hit you. We’ll be able to let receivers know that we’re back there and we’re head hunting.”
            Kyle Cook does have a strong resemblence, put a helmet on the other dude and I can't tell them apart. Cook apparently got into it with Dhani, bravo to him for having the peaches.

There's a LOT of good quotes on www.CincyJungle.com, that's where I'm pulling my stuff from.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post

Kyle Cook does have a strong resemblence, put a helmet on the other dude and I can't tell them apart. Cook apparently got into it with Dhani, bravo to him for having the peaches.

There's a LOT of good quotes on www.CincyJungle.com, that's where I'm pulling my stuff from.
              Hopefully this means the coaches really knew what they were doing with the draft and waiting on Luigs. I really hope Cook can pan out as the coaches hope. He has the presence of a Rich Braham if he has the stones already to get into it with the globetrotter

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                Hopefully this means the coaches really knew what they were doing with the draft and waiting on Luigs. I really hope Cook can pan out as the coaches hope. He has the presence of a Rich Braham if he has the stones already to get into it with the globetrotter
                Seems he got into it with Jeanty today as well. I hope he transfers this fire well into games. If so he could be very good.

Also seems like Simpson is not doing well...Coles, Henry, and Johnson are all doing well and not much has been said about Caldwell but Simpson seems to be struggling. In the last article about Cook there was also no mention of Simpson. Carson actually commented on Chatman and said he was doing well as well as the other WR's but no mention of Simpson...thats a shame really.

Comment

• Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                  Seems he got into it with Jeanty today as well. I hope he transfers this fire well into games. If so he could be very good.

Also seems like Simpson is not doing well...Coles, Henry, and Johnson are all doing well and not much has been said about Caldwell but Simpson seems to be struggling. In the last article about Cook there was also no mention of Simpson. Carson actually commented on Chatman and said he was doing well as well as the other WR's but no mention of Simpson...thats a shame really.
                  We kinda knew that he would be a year or 2 project once we got him. I am gonna be patient with him. He has all the tools they need to just put it together

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

• Bad time to be a young WR in cincy. Henry trying to pull himself together, Chad reinventing himself and Coles is working on familiarizing himself with a new system. 3 proven receivers all fighting to be put on the field as much as possible.

Comment

• Seems like Caldwell and Henry are really stepping up. Especially Henry, if he can get it together look out. I gotta say I've also not heard much of anything about Simpson.

Regardless, I like the idea of running 4 WR sets with CJ-Coles-Henry-Caldwell. They'll beat you deep, short, whichever.

I'm optimistic about the skill spots on offense, just don't know what to expect out of the Oline. If they can't produce, doesn't matter what the other guys are doing because they won't have the time to get it done. Seems like Cook will be our starter at Center.

Comment

• This does really help out Simpson in the long run though. We all knew how raw he was when we drafted him and given the athletic ability he brings to the table I believe it is worth the risk. If our receivers can be as good as we think they can be it will take some pressure off of him and allow us to insert him into games when we feel like we can use him instead of just throwing him into the fire. I just hope they can keep him activated for most of the season.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I m just very concerned about him because before camps it was "We need to play Simpson More and more" but now all you hear is "Simpson isnt doing"

Comment

• Speaking of the WR core, via Joe Reddy.
                            GETTING AHEAD: With the offense undergoing a reinstallation of the playbook, coordinator Bob Bratkowski has been kept on his toes by Mike Zimmer and the defense.

Bratkowski has been impressed with the defense’s performance, especially when applying pressure.

“The blitz packages have been strong. It’s been exciting because it forces us to be spot on,” Bratkowski said.

Bratkowski was impressed with the play of his wide receivers on Friday. Chad Ochocinco made some nice receptions on sideline patterns while Laveranues Coles made three nice plays. Andre Caldwell and Chris Henry also got into the act with Henry hauling in two long receptions.

SECONDARY VS. RECEIVERS: Chad Ochocinco remarked that facing this year’s receivers is kind’ve like facing a 4x100 relay team. While the receivers have gotten the upper hand during some drills, the secondary has appreciated the challenge.

“They’re more versatile than in previous years,” said cornerback Leon Hall. “Chris (Henry) gives you the tall receiver that can stretch you down the field, Laveranues is crafty and Chad always makes plays. It makes it better for us to see receivers like that.”

Safety Chinedum Ndukwe provided some moments for the secondary during the morning session with two interceptions.
                            Again, no mention of Simpson. Go figure Ndukwe would be making plays....

Comment

• My take away on where we stand so far - good reviews across our Defense and with Palmer/Receiving corps (less Simpson or TE's). No real mention of RB or OL at this point other than Cook and Whitworth, anxious to see how this develops, this will be key to our O as everything indicates our passing will be off the charts should this occur. We need to give credit to the off season moves as everything seems to be meshing. It was nice to hear Lewis positive comments coming out after these mini camp/workouts. No distractions or significant injuries. I get a sense from everything reported that this team has really moved on from last year.

My wish list before training camp starts:

* No holdouts, especially this year we need Smith, Ray, Johnson in on day 1 competing and getting reps. All 3 of these guys will have an impact to our team, we all know that Andre is probably the most important one to get in. This cuts 2 ways, the front office needs to do their part. It may be wishful thinking but it my opinion its important to continue this teams development and so far its been good.
                              * henry continue to behave like an adult.
                              * Chad continue to act like a Bengal.
                              * palmer continue to strengthen his arm/elbow.

Comment

• Turns out MJ had a sports hernia all of last season at GT(maybe a big time blessing in disguise for us?). Chick says he has been the best player on the defense during these minicamps and has gotten snaps at DE, DT, and OLB.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...ty-171548.html

If he can come in this year and wreak some havoc in the pass rush it will go a long way in helping this defense. Really excited to see what he can bring to the table and how his versatility will allow for the D to cause some confusion.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information