No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sintim is a joke. Matthews Jr. and Larry English are the guys I'd consider over Barwin because they are good players too, but Sintim and Everette Brown are the two biggest frauds in the draft as far as 34 rush backers go.

I've watched the guys ever single offensive and defensive snap, watched him play basketball, listened to several interviews...they guy is going to be a damn good football player. Demarcus Ware, Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas? No not going to happen, but he can be a force much like Mike Vrable with more athletic abilities.

I'm done with you and I'm done with the other nay sayers on my other two stopss. I'm just going to let his future play in the league speak for me...

Comment

• no substance? wtf is this big talk garbage?

I know more about Connor Barwin than any of you know about Brian Orakpo, Everette Brown or whoever. You're all basing opinions off off what is being fed to you through the internet and boob tube.

I've watched Barwin as much as anyone here has watched all your favorite prospects. The difference between us is that I don't let the emdia outlets do my thinking for me.

Comment

• Could you please elaborate on why you think Sintim and Brown are frauds?

Comment

• Have you seen Brown play? The guy couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag, and to top things off the guy is by far the worst wrap up tackler I've seen in this draft. Thanks, but no thanks Cleveland already has huge issues with that on our current defense. He has 2 moved OMG such an improvement from Kam...his spin is insane I will giv ehim that though.

Clint Sintim is stiffer than a morning wood and he's a pure pass rusher...nothing special stopping the run and he's pathetic in coverage. He also gets swallowed u p by blockers tooeasy and doesn't shed blocks well at all.

I'm open to guys like Orakpo, Johnson, Maybin, Matthews, English and even Cushing, but never Brown or Sintim.

Comment

• Barwin would be The Guy to get in the 2nd round (likely would be at 36 tho) if we don't get a pass rusher in round one. If we take Crabtree at 5 and Barwin in round two then we'd use our other round 2 pick on a back, center, or safety most likely....maybe corner.

Comment

• Sean Jones is gonna sign with the Eeguls. I was hoping we could upgrade at safety anyway after Jones' poor 2008 season, but we haven't done much upgrading so far this offseason at any position yet.

Comment

• Losing Sean Jones is unfortunate. He's a good player when healthy and it just creates one more hole for a team with few draft picks, at least right now

Comment

• Was Sean Jones really that good? I don't know. He never went out and "made plays" he made a bunch of good tackles and had a few picks. I don't think we utilized him very well, I just don't know if he's really that good.

Anyways, the front 7 determines how well the back 4 do. And that's where ManKok is putting there attention.
                  When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• It is really tough to gage DB's on a team that has no pass rush. It leaves DB's out on an island with little help. It is always amazing how a great pass rush suddenly makesa your DB's look a lot better in coverage when the WR's don't have all day to get open.
                    Losing Jones is OK if you have an alternative starter but we don't so I don't know how this strengthens the defense. The list of needs just gets lomger and longer.
                    And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Browns inked CJ Mosely for 2 years, $5 million.

Another good signing. Rotational DE

Comment

• what do you guys think we do at strong safety prior to the draft next month? I get a feeling that they'll probably bring in Lawyer Milloy or someone like that. No long term solutions out there, it looks like safety is a position you can add to the list of very very strong possibilities on the first day (along with linebacker, wideout, runningback, center, and corner).

Comment

• My theory is we draft someone or go with what we have.

I'm of the belief that the front office is fishing for a compensatory pick with Jones

Comment

• well if we do get a comp pick for Jones then it'll probably only be a late rounder considering he only signed that 1 year deal. Maybe it goes up if they extend him, I'm not 100% sure how that works. I could dig going into the season with Mike Adams and a 2nd rounder like Delmas, Smith, Johnson, or Chung battling it out for the open safety spot, but it might be better to bring in Milloy or someone like that and draft a safety in like round 4 so we can use the high picks for other positions. That would make it so we either get lucky with our 4th round safety who we can develop and have start eventually if he's good, or we could get a safety next offseason.

I'm not too big on investing 1st or 2nd round picks on DBs either until we have a pass rush and the run defense settled to some degree. Build inside - out. That's why I think it might be a good idea to stopgap at SS this year and address it later while we get a pass rusher and some run stoppers this year in the draft and FA.
                            Last edited by keylime_5; 03-07-2009, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• RFA SS abram elam received an offer from the browns. 1 year, 1.5 mil guaranteed.

originally undrafted, signed by the dolphins, cowboys and jets.

mainly a special teams player, but they've been concentrating on that based on the names that have been coming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by barry View Post
                                RFA SS abram elam received an offer from the browns. 1 year, 1.5 mil guaranteed.

originally undrafted, signed by the dolphins, cowboys and jets.

mainly a special teams player, but they've been concentrating on that based on the names that have been coming up.
                                He started something like 19? games with the Jets so I would guess that is what Mangini is hoping he can do here. Probably compete with Adams for a starting spot so that he can avoid taking a SS high in this draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information