No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard he was doing what they expected of him.

I've heard Anderson's throws looked the best.

Brady has been said to be the last one off the field, studying the playbook extensively even missing the Cavs playoffs games to do so. He's been lifting with the lineman [I don't have a source for this, just rumored] since he is very much in shape...Word on him has been good, but not #1 on depth chart good..

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by j05son View Post
      I heard he was doing what they expected of him.

I've heard Anderson's throws looked the best.

Brady has been said to be the last one off the field, studying the playbook extensively even missing the Cavs playoffs games to do so. He's been lifting with the lineman [I don't have a source for this, just rumored] since he is very much in shape...Word on him has been good, but not #1 on depth chart good..
      i've read (tho i cant remember where) that frye is still starring down all his receivers. even tho the offense is design for a more mobile QB such as himself and brady. it wouldnt bother me any if DA started game 1. he did do better against the tougher defenses of Pittsburgh and Baltimore than Frye did. i just wish that DA could do play action better.

also, if bentley comes back, Lewis better have a damn good year. and whoever is QB wont have the excuse of not have enough time to throw the ball.
      When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• I fully expect Anderson to start the season as our QB but he'll eventually get benched for Frye and later Quinn due to lack of offensive firepower. Hope that's wrong, but based on how those 2 played last year it won't be 6 weeks tops before we see Quinn as our full time QB. I think Lewis has the oppurtunity to have a great year this year ala Stephen Davis in 2003 at Carolina. Good, deep line, good WRs, good offensive system, and at probably 330 carries or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
          wow, that is incredibly ugly. The helmets are perfect as they are -best in the league along with St.Louis'. The gray facemasks was an ingenious idea. I always liked the old gray ones better than the white.
          rofl

First, you think those plain-jane ass helmets are the best in the league, and then you think the NON-MATCHING gray facemasks are better?

I actually liked when your team wore white facemasks and actually mixed up their uni combo's.

Now they're just boring, trying to relive some past glory days that will never ever be rekindled.
          Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

Comment

• Shere Khan, your sig quote is stupid, we didn't win a game in our division last year yet we didn't pick 1st. And we have had one of the better offseasons around the league, you want to argue with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
              rofl

First, you think those plain-jane ass helmets are the best in the league, and then you think the NON-MATCHING gray facemasks are better?

I actually liked when your team wore white facemasks and actually mixed up their uni combo's.

Now they're just boring, trying to relive some past glory days that will never ever be rekindled.
              Ya about that sig......Every team in our division took a step back this year, no matter how small, and we took a huge leap forward with our upgrades. We had the 4rth overall pick this year and next year we shouldnt be that low, but after all this improving, you honestly think we will be 3 spots lower? Show alittle football knowledge, even if you dont like the Browns, because...well.......thats the mature thing to do.

PS I hate when Bengals fans talk smack as if there franchise is even remotly on the level of the Browns over the history of the NFL, they just get so cocky after 2 winning seasons, prolly even the first in their career.

Comment

• Does mr. tigerlilly understand that gray is a neutral color that matches with anything? What do they teach kids in schools these days, and why do all the secondary and poor schools drop the arts?

And the Browns are certainly on the way back. All these guys will be very good young players and starters in 2008:
                Brady Quinn
                Braylon Edwards
                Kellen Winslow
                Joe Thomas
                Eric Steinbach
                LeCharles Bentley?
                Kamerion Wimbley
                Leon Williams
                D'Qwell Jackson
                Eric Wright
                Leigh Bodden
                Sean Jones
                Brodney Pool
                Joshua Cribbs
                Every one of those guys has pro bowl potential all over them.
                Add to that a free agent signing or 2 next spring (M.Turner?) and a couple first day draft picks and you see the scary youth/talent movement going on in Cleveland has our future very very bright.

The Browns are coming back soon at the expense of Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincy.
                Last edited by keylime_5; 07-09-2007, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  Does mr. tigerlilly understand that gray is a neutral color that matches with anything? What do they teach kids in schools these days, and why do all the secondary and poor schools drop the arts?

And the Browns are certainly on the way back. All these guys will be very good young players and starters in 2008:
                  Brady Quinn
                  Braylon Edwards
                  Kellen Winslow
                  Joe Thomas
                  Eric Steinbach
                  LeCharles Bentley?
                  Kamerion Wimbley
                  Leon Williams
                  D'Qwell Jackson
                  Eric Wright
                  Leigh Bodden
                  Sean Jones
                  Brodney Pool
                  Joshua Cribbs
                  Every one of those guys has pro bowl potential all over them.
                  Add to that a free agent signing or 2 next spring (M.Turner?) and a couple first day draft picks and you see the scary youth/talent movement going on in Cleveland has our future very very bright.

The Browns are coming back soon at the expense of Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincy.
                  Amen to that! We're definitely moving forward. I just hope we can keep going that way. I think aside from the d-line, we really aren't that many players away from being respectable.

Comment

• Old Phil's been taking it one unit at a time. Unfortunately he's built up every position for the long term except at RB and DL. You gotta think those 2 are next. In 2008 we should grab Turner in FA, or trade something for a back like L.Johnson or J.Jones, though I find the latter highly unlikely considering we don't have a 1st. If we don't find anything better than Jamal Lewis in FA next spring then I fully expect a guy like James Davis (clemson), Felix Jones (arkansas), or the like in RD2 next year. There should be plenty of DTs and DEs available in FA and the draft next year to stock us up. Hopefully we can have a respectable 2007 though and win more than 6 games for a change.

Comment

• BrownsTown returns!

My thoughts on the offseason (I've been gone for 3 months so I have a reason to post this, making the response akward as everyone already knows this stuff and wouldn't care if they didn't)

Jamal Lewis sucks.

Yay for Steinbach! I'm loving the focus on the Oline, finally.

Jamal Lewis is a pansy.

Brady Quinn is not the greatest addition, but I look at it like, if he doesn't do good, at least he'll inspire Frye and Anderson. But a 1st rounder next year is too much.

Jamal Lewis is a felon.

I'm glad to hear Bentley may be coming back. I hope he does, he deserves it.

Jamal Lewis is washed up.

All in all, the Offensive line may finally not suck! That's something. Possible 3rd place this year? Maybe? And the defense wasn't bad either so, not bad.

By the way, I didn't really like the Jamal Lewis thing.

Comment

• tell us how you REALLY feel about jamal brownstown :)

he's playing for the browns, i'll root for him.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

• any way you look at it, he's better than droughns.
                          When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Jamal Lewis is a jerk, but if he makes the Browns win games then I'm a fan. Same thing goes for Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow - If they weren't Browns I wouldn't like them, but since they are I love them.

Anyways, Jamal Lewis being healthy (at least he says he is finally) and running angry with a chip on his shoulder might make him the most underrated FA signing this offseason.

Comment

• I'll stop hating him if he runs for 300 against the Ravens.

Comment

• Yeah, that would be a nice way to pay them back. But honestly, if he got his 300 against a team like Pittsburgh or Cincy that would be almost as nice too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information