No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully Quinn can see some time against the 1s and 2s this Saturday and plenty of time in the 2nd half. But the real dip for Quinn will be during the 4th preseason game after we cut/trade Anderson in which Frye will only play a few series and then we'll probably see Quinn for some of the 1st qtr and all of the 2nd and 3rd qtrs.

Comment

• Regarding all of the short passes...those are the kind of throws it seems like frye and anderson would rather not make, and then it results in a turnover. at the chiefs preseason game, i remember seeing backs wide open, but frye and anderson forced the ball into coverage.

I was just watching NFL live and they did a piece on Peyton Mannings stats from the super bowl last year. They said he had 25 completions and something like 5-6 went to Wayne and Harrison combined. The rest he just dumped to the backs and to the TEs.

Just saying, don't overlook the fact that he took what they gave him and didn't force the ball downfield to try to impress the coaches.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• anyone else notice that braylon has been throwing his body around alot this preseason. he has made several hard hit blocks then in the game against the lions went over the middle for a catch, all in all i think he looks back to 100% and is def. looking to have a breakout year

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• Word is that Braylon has been walking the walk in camp and he did look real good against Detroit. Hopefully he can be a force week by week this year and get over 1000 yds. and be the big play receiver he's supposed to be. Considering he was a rookie in 2005 and that he was recovering from an ACL in 2006 and also had no O-Line, running game, or offensive identity or flow whatsoever going his way, he has no excuse to not breakout this year like I expect.

Comment

• If Quinn wanted to be the starting quarterback, he shouldn't have held out. Simple as that. Still, though, I'm interested to see how he does against a real defense. I'm not sure Detroit brought any extra rushers at all and they were just sitting in zone the drive at the end of the game. I want to see how Quinn reacts after he get knocked on his ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarOnTheShore View Post
              If Quinn wanted to be the starting quarterback, he shouldn't have held out. Simple as that. Still, though, I'm interested to see how he does against a real defense. I'm not sure Detroit brought any extra rushers at all and they were just sitting in zone the drive at the end of the game. I want to see how Quinn reacts after he get knocked on his ass.
              well...Quinn wanted in, but if you were a potential top 9 pick, you would wont some incentives too. also, alot of the holdout had to do with Tom Condon's stupid a$$.

Detroit played the prevent defense in the last 2 drives for about 98% of the time. they were all sitting 15 yards down field waiting for a receiver. Quinn did get knocked the F*** out on one play, and i believe it was the pass over the middle that went for about 20 yards or so. he got right back up, did fine.

As far as BEasy goes, i pray he has a good season. I expect a 1000 yard season, but with all the QB crap going on, its not looking good for him. If he never gets the ball, he cant make plays. his only problems last year were his hands and his ego. he still had 860 yards. not bad for a second year wideout with no offense help. if his stats this year arnt that great b/c of the Qb play, i wouldnt be surprised, but if they are bad b/c he dropped everything, i'll be pissed off.

*edit*
              Does anyone think that Antwan Peek may have gotten better after playing in the 4-3 and then going back to the 3-4?

he's done a very good job at getting to the QB in the first 2 games, and its all with the 1 and 2nd teams. he's done better against the run than he "supposedly" has been able too his first few years in the league. my thought i guess was that playing in the 4-3, even tho it was a back-up role, made him stronger at the point of attack since he started out right in front of the OL. Maybe he's gotten used to being in traffic and knows how to readjust quickly.

something i just thought about asked to see what everyone else thought of him.
              Last edited by JSimmsy21; 08-21-2007, 11:27 PM.
              When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• your thought process does make sense, cause he has looked preety good during his playing time this preseason

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• Regarding Be easy, ever notice his stats are nearly identical to Terrell Owens in his first couple seasons...and TO didn't **** up his knee.

TO (6'3 218)
                  35 rec 520 yards 4 TDs 14.8avg
                  60 rec 936 yards 8 TDs 15.3avg

Braylon (6'3 215)
                  32 rec 512 yards 3 TDs 16.0avg
                  61 rec 884 yards 6 TDs 14.5avg

Owens has a much more physical game and is slightly more of a headcase, but other than that, they are quite similar. Big, fast, play makers, with inconsistant hands.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• Braylon's hands are great, he justs loses concentration and doesn't look the ball into his hands every time, thus the drops. Same exact thing happens with Ted Ginn....Ginn has huge hands for a guy his size, and they are soft and like glue, but he doesn't look the catch in all the time. If Braylon and Ginn work on their concentration they will never drop a pass.

Comment

• TO learned under Jerry Rice with Steve Young as his original QB. Edwards worked under noone with noone as a QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        Word is that Braylon has been walking the walk in camp and he did look real good against Detroit. Hopefully he can be a force week by week this year and get over 1000 yds. and be the big play receiver he's supposed to be. Considering he was a rookie in 2005 and that he was recovering from an ACL in 2006 and also had no O-Line, running game, or offensive identity or flow whatsoever going his way, he has no excuse to not breakout this year like I expect.
                        Edwards is allready a big play guy. He just needs to drop less balls. Hes allready mature like we hoped he would be (or at least close enough that its not a knock on him anymore). He runs better routes etc....

He casught 900 yards and 6 TD's on the Browns last year. On a good team that would probably be 1,150 and 8-9 TD's which is very solid for a guy in his 2nd year and recovering from a knee injury.

The fact is, it is literally impossible for Edwards to have a great year this year with Frye or Anderson as a QB, same goes with Dorsey and Quinn until Quinn has more veteran status.

Comment

• Not necessariliy. If we had Marvin Harrison or Chad Johnson last year they would've gotten their 1000+ yds. and however many TDs. Good WRs can produce on bad teams with bad QBs and bad offensive lines with bad RBs (see Joey Galloway), but it certainly helps to have good versions of those things. I think that even with Charlie throwing to him he'll have a big 1200+yd. season with 8+ TDs and will have more 100 yd. games than last year. Jamal Lewis, a better line, and a good offensive scheme can do wonders for a guy like Edwards even with a below average Qb.

Comment

• So I just got NFL Network and will be watching it as much as possible. I finally get to watch the Browns play every game. Which brings me to my next question: How delayed are the NFL Network games?

Comment

• The Browns play @Denver Saturday at 9PM ET...NFLN reairs it Sunday at 2PM ET.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                                The Browns play @Denver Saturday at 9PM ET...NFLN reairs it Sunday at 2PM ET.
                                Yeah I saw that but is it usually delayed a whole day during the regular season or is it longer?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information