No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank is actually a pretty good player. I wouldn't say he is great, but he is certainly above average, which is better than what we got.

I'm sure Phil will try and get all he can for Anderson, but i don't see Anderson tearing defenses new ones every week.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy G View Post
      Tank is actually a pretty good player. I wouldn't say he is great, but he is certainly above average, which is better than what we got.

I'm sure Phil will try and get all he can for Anderson, but i don't see Anderson tearing defenses new ones every week.
      DA reminds me of Kelly Holcomb..........

Comment

Tank is actually a pretty good player. I wouldn't say he is great, but he is certainly above average, which is better than what we got.

I agree. Tank is a good player with a bad reputation. I wouldn't mind trying him as an end... Lastly, Anderson's value didn't shoot up after one game. He has to repeat himself. We'll probably mid-level tag him when he enters his RFA period...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Tank signed with the Cowboys...ESPN is reporting he will start learning the NT position while serving his suspension...

Comment

• I think our OL pass protection is amazing this year.

When Charlie Frye left the game after 18 minutes of play he was sacked 5 times. The rest of the game Anderson was sacked only once. In our second game the OL did not allow a sack.

It is clear that those sacks were Charlies fault.

I would also like to add that if Brady started that Bengals game, he would have thrown at least 6 TD's and his confidence would be huge right now....

Dont annoint Anderson anything or even be satisfied with him yet, remember Kelly Holcombe did the exact same thing acouple years ago when stepping in for the first time.

However I dont think we should rush Quinn so I dont know....

Comment

• well looks like we signed mr. player(always liked his last name) doesn't really mean a whole lot but we did it

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• Dude has the coolest face mask in the NFL....

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Comment

• well tucker is no longer suspended do u think we keep him on the team or not

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• McKinney to C and Tucker to RG...then maybe we can get a push up the middle. Fat Hank tries, but he is only good for occupying his man, no push and not very good pulling. IMO he sticks out as easily the worse piece of our line.

Whatever the case maybe, at least we will finally have some depth. If anybody gets canned it should/will be Friedman. Tucker can back up LG (and RG, RT as well)

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Comment

McKinney to C and Tucker to RG...then maybe we can get a push up the middle. Fat Hank tries, but he is only good for occupying his man, no push and not very good pulling. IMO he sticks out as easily the worse piece of our line.

Whatever the case maybe, at least we will finally have some depth. If anybody gets canned it should/will be Friedman. Tucker can back up LG (and RG, RT as well)
                      Couldn't disagree with you more. I think Fraley is actually having a great year.To my eyes, he's proving to be really good in his pulling and zone blocking techniques. I'm surprised because last season I thought he was a just a fat hog that couldn't move but I've actually been impressed with his mobility out there and just how many times I've seen him downfield on long runs and just flat out hustling. No way am I removing Hank Fraley of his duties at Center. He's arguably our hardest worker on the oline and perhaps just as important is that he is the true LEADER of our offensive line. He was voted a team Captain (not oline captain) and has been making the right reads at the los. On top of that, should LCB come back this season, I STILL wouldn't put him at C over Fraley. I'd throw him at RG. In any case, I hate the idea of demoting Fraley for McKinney. On top of that, why even move McKinney? Sure, he's played C in his college days and for one season at Miami, but there will no doubt be a learning curve for him there since its been so long that he's played Center. I think shuffling guys around will ruin the chemistry more than slotting in a veteran like Tucker.
                      As far as Friedman, I'd actually like to keep him around ; I don't see them letting him go because he's essentially our only swingman on the interior who can play Center. I think it comes down to either Butler / Sowells if they decide to cut someone. I think Dorsey is the worst Tackle on the team, but for SOME REASON Romeo keeps him activated during gameday over Butler. I think Butler is the better RT - the only logic I see from Romeo in activating Dorsey over Butler is that Dorsey has more LT experience ; Should something happen to JT, instead of swapping Shaffer to LT and bringing in a better RT like Butler, they'd rather just plug in Dorsey and keep everyone at their respective positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
                        well tucker is no longer suspended do u think we keep him on the team or not
                        We still have a week to let him practice with us before we make a decision to place him on the roster and cut someone or release Tucker.

Remember, Bentley is expected to return soon from the PUP...

Baxter is drawing closer to returning from his knee element.

I say both Bentley and Tucker will be on the roster.

We would have to cut 2 players, I'll say Charles Ali will be one. The other, I think may be Lennie Friedman. Possible candidates are Scott Player [when Zastidil comes back], Mike Adams [with the emergence of GB at Safety], or Griffen/McMillian [Special Team LBers] but I'd be surprised if Griffen/McMillian/Adams see the ax. I don't think Player will be the odd man out just yet.

My prediction, Bentley and Tucker in, Friedman and Ali out.

Comment

• Originally posted by snazel View Post
                          Couldn't disagree with you more. I think Fraley is actually having a great year.To my eyes, he's proving to be really good in his pulling and zone blocking techniques. I'm surprised because last season I thought he was a just a fat hog that couldn't move but I've actually been impressed with his mobility out there and just how many times I've seen him downfield on long runs and just flat out hustling. No way am I removing Hank Fraley of his duties at Center. He's arguably our hardest worker on the oline and perhaps just as important is that he is the true LEADER of our offensive line. He was voted a team Captain (not oline captain) and has been making the right reads at the los. On top of that, should LCB come back this season, I STILL wouldn't put him at C over Fraley. I'd throw him at RG. In any case, I hate the idea of demoting Fraley for McKinney. On top of that, why even move McKinney? Sure, he's played C in his college days and for one season at Miami, but there will no doubt be a learning curve for him there since its been so long that he's played Center. I think shuffling guys around will ruin the chemistry more than slotting in a veteran like Tucker.
                          As far as Friedman, I'd actually like to keep him around ; I don't see them letting him go because he's essentially our only swingman on the interior who can play Center. I think it comes down to either Butler / Sowells if they decide to cut someone. I think Dorsey is the worst Tackle on the team, but for SOME REASON Romeo keeps him activated during gameday over Butler. I think Butler is the better RT - the only logic I see from Romeo in activating Dorsey over Butler is that Dorsey has more LT experience ; Should something happen to JT, instead of swapping Shaffer to LT and bringing in a better RT like Butler, they'd rather just plug in Dorsey and keep everyone at their respective positions.
                          I agree with mostly everything. I think Fraley is playing great at Center. I think Bentley's talent, paycheck, and desire to comeback will warrant him a spot on our team, and Tucker is a good player without any ailing elements [example, last season] and will probably make Savage's and Crennel's roster...

I think the odd man out will be Friedman because we are getting stacked on interrior lineman. His value is increased because he can swing and I don't think the organization is ready to give on on sowells.

At least one O-lineman will be cut. Dorsey, Butler, or Friedman.

Comment

• I'm not sure if we are watching the same games, but from what i see, Fraley cannot get a consistant push, nor does he pull that often, we normally pull the OGs. Sure does do a good job getting downfield, and i love his motor and all, but how often does he actually make a meaningful block downfield? I can't think of one of the top of my head.

Fraley may be fine for now, but for this unit to take the next step, he will need to be up graded....he is holding us back. Whhhiiich brings me to my next point, Seth McKinney is playing really well. He gets a push and shows some solid mobility.

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't make the move right away, and fact is your right, it probably will not happen unless the OL really starts sucking. This is just more of what I would do....

Ideally, LeChuck comes back half way decent and he can take one of the slots and McKinney gets the other, leaving Tucker and Hank for depth.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Comment

I'm not sure if we are watching the same games, but from what i see, Fraley cannot get a consistant push, nor does he pull that often, we normally pull the OGs. Sure does do a good job getting downfield, and i love his motor and all, but how often does he actually make a meaningful block downfield? I can't think of one of the top of my head.

Fraley may be fine for now, but for this unit to take the next step, he will need to be up graded....he is holding us back. Whhhiiich brings me to my next point, Seth McKinney is playing really well. He gets a push and shows some solid mobility.

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't make the move right away, and fact is your right, it probably will not happen unless the OL really starts sucking. This is just more of what I would do....

Ideally, LeChuck comes back half way decent and he can take one of the slots and McKinney gets the other, leaving Tucker and Hank for depth.
                              i actually think McKinney is our weak link. remember the start of the Oakland game, i believe it was, he had 2 false starts in a row. to the best of my knowledge, fraley hasn't had a false start yet.

and remember, fraley might not be moving anybody down field, but he is blocking people like casey hampton, Ngata, and even warren. all of whom are not small. if he's taking on those d linemen one on one, then he's doing his job.
                              When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• If McKinney is a weak link for us, then we are in good shape. Seth has been great this year, I love his play as well as the other 4 guys'. Steinbach, Thomas, and Fraley have been the best, but McKinney and Shaffer have done a terrific job too. It only gets better with Ryan Tucker returning this week and LeCharles Bentley returning (from what I hear he WILL play this year) in about 3-6 weeks. The OLine is the strength of this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information