No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man. I really wanna be a Browns fan right now. The situation you have with your offense is so amazing. Edwards and Winslow are amazing. Thomas is a beast. Steinbach is so good. Derek Anderson will get overpaid for this offseason and you guys will get a couple of good picks out of it. Quinn will shine.

Sigh.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Brandon McDonald had a nice game today...Esp against Andre Johnson. A recovering Andre Johnson, but none-the-less...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• agreed he still performed extremely well i won't lie i was very impressed by how he played and i think our corner stiuation is looking extremely good for the future

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• hey, just want to wish you guys luck. Huge game this weekend, I actually usually like the browns because they play in a tough climate. and have the same problems the bills do with the threat of relocation looming above buffalo. Plus we both need to stick together because if you added our win columns from the past few years we still probably would have missed playoffs haha. Anyway, good luck and may the best team, at least this will be done the right way, in freezing temp. and the snow.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
            hey, just want to wish you guys luck. Huge game this weekend, I actually usually like the browns because they play in a tough climate. and have the same problems the bills do with the threat of relocation looming above buffalo. Plus we both need to stick together because if you added our win columns from the past few years we still probably would have missed playoffs haha. Anyway, good luck and may the best team, at least this will be done the right way, in freezing temp. and the snow.
            Yea Im getting stoked, hyped and Im up for this game already. I speak for both of us when I say that a) who would have thought that a game with BUF at CLE on Dec 16th would be very meaningful and b) we never had the slightest thought of this happening. I cant wait for tomorrow, and I cant wait for the weather.

HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?
            HOW BAD DO YOU NEED IT?
            CAUSE IF YOU WANT IT ALL YOU GOTTA LAY IT ALL OUT ON THE LINE!

Comment

• Bentleys contract has been shortened by three years making him a free agent after the 2008 season. The contract was also renegotiated so he makes the league minimum, but with incentives, can make what he was supposed to make.

Also, Gary Baxter is also in the same situation, but he is a fee agent after this season now.

I read that next offseason, we are like 10th or higher in cap space, but now we should be even higher, much higher. Mabye another huge fee agent is in the mix now, tarrell suggs mabye.
              When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• I don't think that their adjusted contracts will actually affect the cap number that much. They already have they're guranteed money, and that is what really makes the cap hits. It may save us a couple mil, but i don't think it will make a huge difference.

Also, we need to maintain our cap space as we have K2, Braylon, Derek, and Sean Jones to take care of soon iirc.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• Todd Grantham is gone! YES!

PLEASE, REX RYAN, PLEASE!!!

Comment

• nope mel tucker, can't complain though i liked what he has done with our secondary guys, hopefully he can do the same with everyone else

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
                      nope mel tucker, can't complain though i liked what he has done with our secondary guys, hopefully he can do the same with everyone else
                      yea, i dontmind the mel tucker promotion either. mabye he knows what "blitz" means when its 3rd and long and not "prevent."

on a side note, i just signed up for a year subscription for the OBR. i'm drunikand spending money. so i'm going to do my best to keep everyone updated as much as possible. but im not going to cope and past anything for legal purposes. but i will be very specific about what an article says. heres what i got so far.

WR steve sanders has left our practice squad and is testing the open market. we then signed WR kevin kasper to the squad. kasper was drafted by the broncos in 2001 in the 6th rnd.

in addition to signing kasper, we help tryouts for Darian Barnes (Hampton) and Ciatrick Fason (Florida); quarterback Jason Fife (Oregon); wide receiver Chas Gessner (Brown); guard Jake Kuresa (BYU); defensive tackle Rien Long (Washington St); nose tackle Jonas Seawright (North Carolina); linebacker Gavin Walls (Arkansas); and defensive back Rashad Washington (Kansas St).

QB Fife was the backup to Joey Harrington at Oregon; then, when Harrington declared for the NFL, Fife split the starting QB duties with Kellen Clemens.

chat with Adam Caplan:
                      Caplan says:
                      -upgrading front seven will happen
                      -Ethan Kelley will be resigned, to be rotated with shaun smith. Leonard, McKinney, Thompson are all mabyes.
                      -browns want to keep DA for at least this year, but also would love to trade him for a top 10 pick
                      -a big name F/A DT wont happen. if anything it will happen in the draft. DE is the major concern. Kelley and Smith are fine at NT.
                      -talks of teams interested in DA havnet started. they probably wont be untill senior bowl week, for free agency.
                      -dont expect a F/A RB this year. expect Lewis' replacement in this year or next years draft.
                      -F/A DT/DE Marques Douglas is a good fit for us.
                      -lance briggs has less than a 0% chance of coming to Cleveland.
                      -we will see depth at LB and DL in the draft.
                      -suggs will be frachised, if not anything else.
                      -caplan feels that the first F/A or positions that savage will target will be DL depth, LB depth, WE, OL depth(mabye). he'd like to see McKinney back. ( i dont now if theres a particular order to that or not)
                      -we will probably bring in a vet WR. not necessarily a starter tho.
                      -F/A WR bryant johnson and LB kawika mitchell are not good needs/fits.
                      -if we dont re-sing kelley, we'll sign another NT in F/A for sure
                      -Caplan likes Tommy Kelly
                      -Calvin Pace is a possibilty at OLB from arizona.
                      -DA will be delt if a team with a top 10 pick wants him.
                      -Tommy Kelly wont take much money to sign
                      -during the senior week, alot will change and thing will start to develop.
                      Last edited by JSimmsy21; 01-13-2008, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• needs

With the underclassmen coming in, I think we have a great shot at getting front seven talent as well as CB depth.

The more I think about it, on O, I would only go for a scat back type at most.

Comment

• RBs that have declared - McFadden, Mendenhall, Slaton, Rice, Kevin Smith, Jamaal Charles, James Davis, Stewart. Looks good for a nice RB to fall to the Browns if they choose to go that route.

Comment

• Do you guys like your new defensive cordinator?

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              Do you guys like your new defensive cordinator?
                              Yeah. I'm yet to hear other from another Browns fan.

Tucker has done a great job with the DBs since joining the staff. Granted, our pass defense ranked low this season...but with the lack of pressure we were putting on QBs, that's what happens. Plus, Grantham played soft zone coverage a lot which skewed our pass defense numbers.

When we lost DB after DB last season, Tucker really got the most out of what we had. Daven Holly came to us a 2nd year, free agent filler signing and developed into a quality corner who had success as a starter. Sean Jones has really blossomed under Tucker and our rookie CBs (Eric Wright and Brandon McDonald) really started to come along as the season progressed, particularly McDonald.

I don't know how Tucker is going to handle the D as a whole, but just based on what he's done with developing and coaching up the DBs, I expect good things.

Comment

• I thought he did a good job, but considering he had 3 2nd round picks starting in the secondary along with Leigh Bodden when he's healthy he had a good bit to work with. The way Daven Holly and Brandon McDonald overperformed is promising though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information