Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
    It makes sence because Derick Anderson is already a sure thing and you know what your going to get out of him. Brady Quinn is not a sure thing and you don't know how he's going to turn out. So basicly your saying get rid of a proven good player for an unknown....? Quinn may turn out to be good but if you trade him now he is still young and his trade value is still very high and the browns need a lot of help on that aging defence. On top of that your still left with Anderson who is a good produtive QB.
    What exactly is he a sure thing about? Playing like crap down the stretch? After only 1 season, nothing is a "sure thing."

You're way off on the trade value. Like you said, Quinn is an "unknown." His trade value is nowhere as high as you think.

Personally, I feel that Quinn will be the better overall QB. Phil Savage gave spent a 2nd and 1st to draft him, so that should tell you how he feels about him. As DA is coming off a Pro Bowl season, his trade value is as high as it's going to be. I'd trade him for the draft picks and continue building a solid team around Quinn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruken View Post
      The pro bowl really? Name one player in that game who really goes all out really please DA better be on the browns next year because I really think that hes going to be great. plus do we want a man leading our team who as of now riding the pine MAKING COMMERCIALS signing autohgraphs for a fee when he was holding out in training camp and making homophobic comments then denying it but hmm somehow still was still sentenced to community service yeah sounds like a face of the franchise i want
      I believe all of the Cleveland Browns players were going pretty hard since it was their first one. Peyton still did well when he was in even though he's been in a bunch of probowls and he probably wasn't going hard at all and so did Ben. If everyone on defense isn't going hard then it should be just as easy to complete a pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by 757Dawg View Post
        What exactly is he a sure thing about? Playing like crap down the stretch? After only 1 season, nothing is a "sure thing."

You're way off on the trade value. Like you said, Quinn is an "unknown." His trade value is nowhere as high as you think.

Personally, I feel that Quinn will be the better overall QB. Phil Savage gave spent a 2nd and 1st to draft him, so that should tell you how he feels about him. As DA is coming off a Pro Bowl season, his trade value is as high as it's going to be. I'd trade him for the draft picks and continue building a solid team around Quinn.
        You said what I was going to...

QFT +rep...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• so, write it down, here whats goin to happen. we're going to sign DA to the highest tender and nobody is going to bite. then on draft day we are going to make some sort of trade with Miami. something along the lines of DA and some sort of pick(s) for the #1 and some assortment of other pick(s). something like that. then we'll take chris long.
          When will commissioner Goodell ban Al Davis from making football decisions?

Comment

• Originally posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
            so, write it down, here whats goin to happen. we're going to sign DA to the highest tender and nobody is going to bite. then on draft day we are going to make some sort of trade with Miami. something along the lines of DA and some sort of pick(s) for the #1 and some assortment of other pick(s). something like that. then we'll take chris long.
            then i will change my pants because that would be freakin' awesome.

Comment

• You wouldnt end up with the first overall pick. I doubt that happens. But I can see you guys tendering DA so no one gets him and maybe making a trade, or having him start another year for you guys.

Its such a win win situation its ridiculous. Going into last season you thought Quinn would be the future, and all of a sudden this QB emerges as a pro bowler and now you can trade him for extra picks you would have never thought of getting.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• once again why do we trade him why fix whats not broken. I am so sick of all this quinn speculation when no one has any idea to believe hes gonna be good in the NFL and is DA has another good year we have a proven qb. seriously why is everyone so high on quinn hes a self absorbed moron

Comment

once again why do we trade him why fix whats not broken. I am so sick of all this quinn speculation when no one has any idea to believe hes gonna be good in the NFL and is DA has another good year we have a proven qb. seriously why is everyone so high on quinn hes a self absorbed moron
                  because we have other **** that's broken. We have bigger problems than quarterback right now. I dont think many people are high on Quinn but I think a lot of teams are high on Derek Anderson. DA I dont think is really that good and only puts up good stats because of our O-Line/Receiving core. I think now is the best time to sell on DA because his stock is as high as it will ever be.

Comment

• I really, really hate the notion many Browns fans seem to have in thinking you either have to be a Brady Quinn fan or a Derek Anderson fan. You can't like both.

It's just ridiculous to me. The whole situation stinks of the Tim Couch/Kelly Holcomb nonsense of 5 years ago.

I like Derek Anderson. While I definitely believe he was a big beneficiary of our OL and receiving targets, he still did what no other Cleveland QB has done since '99. Consistently win football games.

With that said, I firmly believe Brady Quinn is the best option for this team for the future. He may not have the arm that Anderson does, but I feel he's a more accurate and much more intelligent quarterback.

Seeing as how it's a painfully weak year for the QB position in free agency and also through the draft, I fully anticipate some team offering up a big package for Anderson. IMO, it would be foolish not to take the highest offer (which would definitely include a minimum of two 2nd rounders or a 1st rounder). Use those high picks to address the major problem areas on this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by 757Dawg View Post
                      I really, really hate the notion many Browns fans seem to have in thinking you either have to be a Brady Quinn fan or a Derek Anderson fan. You can't like both.

It's just ridiculous to me. The whole situation stinks of the Tim Couch/Kelly Holcomb nonsense of 5 years ago.

I like Derek Anderson. While I definitely believe he was a big beneficiary of our OL and receiving targets, he still did what no other Cleveland QB has done since '99. Consistently win football games.

With that said, I firmly believe Brady Quinn is the best option for this team for the future. He may not have the arm that Anderson does, but I feel he's a more accurate and much more intelligent quarterback.

Seeing as how it's a painfully weak year for the QB position in free agency and also through the draft, I fully anticipate some team offering up a big package for Anderson. IMO, it would be foolish not to take the highest offer (which would definitely include a minimum of two 2nd rounders or a 1st rounder). Use those high picks to address the major problem areas on this team.
                      quoted for truth....

but one thing i don't agree with, i don't think we will be getting the big deal for DA. I said a little while that i heard from a little birdy that we might give up DA and next years first for the number one pick. teams aren't as interested in DA as most people think. Chicago and minny have made no known talks with Phil about DA. that pretty much just leaves the falcons and the fins as that other 2 teams with major QB issues.

*edit* Suggs got franchised :(
                      Last edited by JSimmsy21; 02-19-2008, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• They should trade one of them and use the draft picks on some defencive players.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                          They should trade one of them and use the draft picks on some defencive players.
                          Even a non-Browns fan knows the truth...

Comment

once again why do we trade him why fix whats not broken. I am so sick of all this quinn speculation when no one has any idea to believe hes gonna be good in the NFL and is DA has another good year we have a proven qb. seriously why is everyone so high on quinn hes a self absorbed moron
                            I think that the reason many fans are higher on Quinn is the same reason a lot of NFL GM's are lower then expected on DA; Quinn > Anderson. Derek benefited from great offensive line help, great field position [practically every drive], a good running game, 2 pro bowl receivers as well as a new OC and him being a new QB with little film on either of them [DA and Chud].

Although Anderson almost took us to the playoffs, he also cost the game that could have put us in. He was absolutely dismal in Cincinnati. That's how Anderson has been dating back to college. He's a high risk high reward type of player. He'll be near the top for touchdowns but also interceptions. He's inconsistent, and for the support he had around him, he should have done better.

Now look at Brady. You're absolutely right when you say he's unproven. It's his ceiling and his ability to reach his ceiling that makes him a much better prospect than Anderson. He's a physical specimen, he lifts with the offensive lineman for goodness sake. He has the respect of his teammates and Winslow even publicly endorsed Quinn. His knock was he couldn't win the big game but it's the fact Notre Dame was even in those games which is amazing. Look at them a year ago and now. They lost a couple pieces, Grant, Samarza [spelling], Harris, etc but the offensive line and running game were rarely praised in South Bend. Quinn made that Irish team a bunch of over-acheivers. They weren't suppose to be in any of those big games.

Your attacks on Quinn seem to be based on his social life and endorsements.

I hardly believe in the Columbus gay bashing but he was proven guilty and sentenced community service [I really haven't kept up with this]? Yeah that brings some negative attention our way but nothing as bad as Bodden's wrong way on a one way that he was found not guilty on...His commercials, I could care less about. Peyton and Eli both have rings and they appear in their ownl...His charging for his signature I find crossing the line but it's his morals not mine. It's my choice if I pay the $x for the autograph, I just want him to win us games...

In the end it comes down to we need 1 quarterback and we currently have 2. The solution would be to get rid of one and try to get those missing pieces to make us a serious contender. The question is who to give up; Anderson or Quinn. On one hand you have vastly inconsistent but NFL success smaller ceiling, pretty much at his ceiling. The other hand you have unproven, high ceiling but you have no real indication on how close he is to that ceiling with a great collegiate career.

I'll agree that Quinn could be a bust and be worse than Anderson but on the other hand he can certainly be better as well...

Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                            They should trade one of them and use the draft picks on some defencive players.
                            Hopefully Phil has thought of this, but if not, let's hope he stumbles here one day and sees your post...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Ok i said I had problems with his commercials because he is riding the bench peyton and manning both start. Im sorry but iif I was DA i would feel like im an unwanted guest in a town where i just led my team to a 10-6 season. And yes his social life means alot he is suppossed to be the "face of the franchise" so his character means alot. And im sorry but everyone saying he has bigger upside is total speculations and predicitons you never know how good a player is going to be until he actually plays which does not mean one series and the preseason. DA had his first season as a starter I think he needs to be allowed another year to see what his true colors are and if he isnt as good then so be it and ill deal with giving quinn a shot but my personal hatred of quinn aside I really beleive DA deserves one more year. And Kellen Winslow aside from this year has not been known for smart public comments even him endorsing quinn was stupid I mean thats a way to promote team unity by undermining your starting qb and now he wants more money sorry but K2's character is showing up again after conducting himself very well most of the season

Comment

• I'm very hard pressed by these ppl that think DA led us to 10-6. yea, he had a part in it, but he didn't do it all, and he surely didn't help us in going 11-5 or 12-4. which were both quite possible. granted, our defense sucked all season, minus the buffalo game, but they had help from mother nature.

DA has a good arm, quick reads, quick release, poise, calm under pressure, good at 2 min. drills.

DA also has EXTREMELY scatter shot accuracy, makes bad reads, tucks and runs more than he should and doesn't protect the ball, inconsistent, and really tries to rely on his arm to much.

you cant teach accuracy and his inconsistency scares other teams from bidding on him.

alot of people blame the Oakland loss on Nat Dorsey for not blocking Tommy Kelley on the GW field gaol by Phil. we wouldn't have had to rely on that kick if DA didn't throw those INT's right to the zoning LB's. thats the same reason we lost to NE. DA couldn't read the Zoning LB's. our Defense didn't help in the Oakland game, particularly our secondary, but DA helped dig the hole.

the second Pittsburgh game, we played great in the first half, as a team. then in the second DA couldn't complete a pass for the life of him.

the first cincy game DA tore them apart(altho he did miss his first 5 passes), and it was the same crap defense the second time, but he threw 4 picks. he put us in a hole.

at arizona he threw 2 picks right to rodrick hood. DA put us in a hole. K2 should have never had to go up and make that incredible catch the he made.(that was a wast anyways)

both DA and our defense held us back, but when DA could have easily pulled us out of a hole, he dug us deeper. what I'm saying is altho DA had 29 TD's, he threw too many INT's at critical times for him to be considered a franchise QB. his accuracy is no where close to being a franchise QB. does anyone else remember how many times Beasy and K2 had to go up and make amazing catches to get all those TD's!? i do, and it was more than what i would like. Quinn was a 4 year starter at ND, he doesn't need to sit for 2 years in the NFL. put Quinn in.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information