No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm not the most up to date on the panthers situation, but i haven't heard any reports that they are unhappy with delhomme. i know he bombed in the playoffs, but he's still a solid qb and has been solid for them for quite a while now, not to mention, he and steve smith seem to be on the same page at all times. i just don't see the desire to bring in DA.

btw, hi, i've been lurking on these forums for a long time, and i figured it was time to start posting. we need more browns fans on this site.

Comment

• Originally posted by fear the elf View Post
      i'm not the most up to date on the panthers situation, but i haven't heard any reports that they are unhappy with delhomme. i know he bombed in the playoffs, but he's still a solid qb and has been solid for them for quite a while now, not to mention, he and steve smith seem to be on the same page at all times. i just don't see the desire to bring in DA.

btw, hi, i've been lurking on these forums for a long time, and i figured it was time to start posting. we need more browns fans on this site.
      Welcome, there used to be more and the forum used to be pretty busy but it has been quiet lately.

Comment

• It'll start picking up here shortly. It always does before the draft and with a top pick, we'll have some new people or some lurkers decided to join up and post -- we need it so if you do lurk, join up and post!

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by fear the elf View Post
          i'm not the most up to date on the panthers situation, but i haven't heard any reports that they are unhappy with delhomme. i know he bombed in the playoffs, but he's still a solid qb and has been solid for them for quite a while now, not to mention, he and steve smith seem to be on the same page at all times. i just don't see the desire to bring in DA.

Hello fte
          I think the Panthers have been looking for an upgrade for at least two seasons-Jake was solid but has been injured an inconsistent since before this past season. I'm not saying Anderson is that much of an upgrade but it's an opportunity for him and them. It gives them something to work with for Peppers. They must have a desire to look at somebody at the QB position other than Delhomme. Yeah I guess throwing up prayers and Smith coming down with them is being on the same page. lol.

Originally posted by borg9
          Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

• Rumors of a Derek Anderson-to-Tampa trade are reportedly "gaining steam" at the Combine and "word is" Cleveland would take a third-round pick for him.

The Bucs in no way promised Luke McCown a starting job and ideally will add competition. A change of scenery also couldn't hurt Anderson. D.A. could go directly on the trade block after his guaranteed $5M roster bonus is paid on March 15. He can't be traded before then barring a redone contract.
            Source: Tampa Tribune
            If this is somehow the case, I hope they squeeze a 6th or 7th out of them as well. We need the picks

Comment

• Originally posted by j05son View Post
              It'll start picking up here shortly. It always does before the draft and with a top pick, we'll have some new people or some lurkers decided to join up and post -- we need it so if you do lurk, join up and post!
              Why? Join a board full of arrogant know it all jerks who act better than everyone...no thanks. Honestly I don't even know why I'm here. The forums outside of this one are exactly as I just stated and this one has like 3 browns fans...its no fun when no one is talking Browns. You're better off joining an all Browns board.

Comment

• Originally posted by CantStopGregJones View Post
                Why? Join a board full of arrogant know it all jerks who act better than everyone...no thanks. Honestly I don't even know why I'm here. The forums outside of this one are exactly as I just stated and this one has like 3 browns fans...its no fun when no one is talking Browns. You're better off joining an all Browns board.
                If anyone's interested in one of those, toss me a PM and I'll give you the link to the board I prefer

Comment

• hey guys, in the Forum Mock I signed Igor Olshansky, Mike Adams, Kyle Kosier (for line depth), and Javon Walker (2 year deal).

Traded down to #8 and picked up an extra third and drafted Everette Brown.

Thoughts so far?
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                    hey guys, in the Forum Mock I signed Igor Olshansky, Mike Adams, Kyle Kosier (for line depth), and Javon Walker (2 year deal).

Traded down to #8 and picked up an extra third and drafted Everette Brown.

Thoughts so far?
                    Sounds excellent as in A. I would change Brown to Maybin, but that is just my personal preference. I just see major bust in Brown. With Maybin I'd give you an A+++

Comment

Sounds excellent as in A. I would change Brown to Maybin, but that is just my personal preference. I just see major bust in Brown. With Maybin I'd give you an A+++
                      Really? I see it going completely the other way with Everette Brown between his explosive first step and his devastating spin move.

I think Orakpo is the one likely to be a huge bust.

I'm not sure what to think of Maybin. Maurice Evans terrifies me

Comment

To every man their own. I stick to this board more so then others because of the users and the general knowledge of a select few.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

• I hope there is a decent ILB available in round 2 or 3. Same with corner.

Any good fits you feel in the 2nd round at ILB? Beckwith maybe?
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                            I hope there is a decent ILB available in round 2 or 3. Same with corner.

Any good fits you feel in the 2nd round at ILB? Beckwith maybe?
                            Please no. He's slower and undersized ala D'Qwell Jackson. We need a machine type know. How about Frantz Joseph in the 3rd instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                              Really? I see it going completely the other way with Everette Brown between his explosive first step and his devastating spin move.

I think Orakpo is the one likely to be a huge bust.

I'm not sure what to think of Maybin. Maurice Evans terrifies me
                              Yeah its hard to tell. No one knows. Its just a feeling I have nothing scientific about it. Brown is a horrible horrible horrible wrap up tackler though. I don't like that much at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by j05son View Post
                                To every man their own. I stick to this board more so then others because of the users and the general knowledge of a select few.
                                I wasn't talking about in the Browns forum. I'm talking about those in the other forums. Scott Wright included. He's a tool.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information