2008 NFL Draft Discussion/Mocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 NFL Draft Discussion/Mocks

This thread is for the 2008 nfl draft. TO POst Mocks and talk about prospects.

AT www.nflmax.wordpress.com
    Kind of Homerish, but this early everyone thinks there team is gonna win it all :)

PICK #1 Dallas Cowboys:
    Darren McFadden (RB, Arkansas)-1987

PICK #2 Kansas City Chiefs:
    Brian Brohm (QB, Louisville)-1985

PICK #3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
    Glenn Dorsey (DT, Louisiana State)-1985

PICK #4 Washington Redskins:
    Calais Campbell (DE, Miami)-UNK

PICK #5 Green Bay Packers:
    DeSean Jackson (WR, California)-1986

PICK #6 Minnesota Vikings:
    Jake Long (OT, Michigan)-1985

PICK #7 Oakland Raiders:
    Sam Baker (OT, USC)-1985

PICK #8 Houston Texans:
    Steve Slaton (HB, West Virginia)-1986

PICK #9Miami Dolphins
    Justin King (CB, Penn State)-1987

PICK #10 Atlanta Falcons
    Kenny Phillips (S, Miami )-1986

PICK #11 Detroit Lions:
    Rey Maualuga (MLB, USC)-1987

PICK #12 Buffalo Bills:
    Brandon Flowers (CB, Virginia Tech)-1986

PICK #13 Tennessee Titans:
    Early Doucet (WR, Louisiana State)-1985

PICK #14 Jacksonville Jaguars:
    Mario Manningham (WR, Michigan)-1986

PICK #15 Arizona Cardinals:
    Zack Bowman (CB, Nebraska)-1984

PICK #16 New England Patriots:
    Dan Connor (LB, Penn State)-1985

PICK #17 Carolina Panthers:
    John Carlson (TE, Notre Dame)-1985

PICK #18 St. Louis Rams:
    James Laurinaitis (LB, Ohio State)-1986

PICK #19 Pittsburgh Steelers:
    Lawrence Jackson (DE, USC)-1985

PICK #20 Cincinnati Bengals:
    Xavier Adibi (MLB, Virginia Tech)-1984

PICK #21 New York Giants:
    Gosder Cherilus (OT, Boston College)-1984

PICK #22 New York Jets:
    Sedrick Ellis (DT, USC)-1985

PICK #23 San Francisco 49ers:
    Adarius Bowman (WR, Oklahoma State)-1985

PICK #24 Philadelphia Eagles:
    Antoine Cason (CB, Arizona)-1986

PICK #25 Seattle Seahawks:
    Fred Davis (TE, USC)-1986

PICK #26 Chicago Bears:
    Keith Rivers (LB, USC)-1986

PICK #27 Denver Broncos:
    Limas Sweed (WR,Texas )-1984

PICK #28 Baltimore Ravens:
    Derrick Harvey (DE, Florida)-UNK

PICK #29 New Orleans Saints:
    DeMario Pressley (DT, NC State)-1985

PICK #30 New England Patriots:
    Barry Richardson (OT, Clemson)-1986

PICK #31 San Diego Chargers:
    Jonathan Goff ( MLB, Vanderbilt)-1985

PICK #32 Dallas Cowboys:
    Marcus Monk (WR, Arkansas)-1986

Comment

To say the Cowboys are going to have the first and 32nd pick is EXTREMELY homerish.

But I like it anyway.

Comment

As much as I like the idea of having the 1st and the 32nd pick, I'm going wait until at least week 2-3 before my first mock.

Comment

Originally posted by BX View Post
          To say the Cowboys are going to have the first and 32nd pick is EXTREMELY homerish.

But I like it anyway.
          I said it was homerish, but this early in the year it doesnt really matter because nobody has a clue whats gonna happen. it has as much of a chance as any other mock right. ;)

Comment

We'll see where we are by next year.... But I will be tracking these players closely this year:

Tyson Jackson, LSU
            Vernon Gholston, OSU
            DeMario Pressley, NC St
            Glen Dorsey, LSU
            Frank Okam, Texas
            Terrance Taylor, Michigan
            DeMarcus Granger, OU
            Marcus Harrison, Arkansas
            Dre Moore, Maryland
            Andre Fluellen, FSU
            BJ Raiji, BC
            Red Bryant, Texas A&M
            Sedrick Ellis, USC

Zackary Bowman, Nebraska
            Antoine Cason, Arizona
            Justin King, Penn St.
            Terrell Thomas, USC
            Kenny Phillips, Miami
            Bobbie Williams, Bethune-Cookman
            Johnathan Hefney, Tennessee
            Darien Williams, OU
            Jamar Adams, Michigan

DeSean Jackson, Cal
            Adarius Bowman, Ok St

Jake Long, Michigan
            Barry Richardson, Clemson
            Ryan Clady, Boise St
            Gosder Cherilus, BC
            Sam Baker, USC

Michael Oher, Ole Miss
            Jordan Grimes, Purdue
            Shannon Tavega, UCLA
            Andrew Bain, Miami

Comment

i think the cowboys will finally take a 1st rounder on O this year. The other one on D would be nice either at CB or DT.

Comment

Originally posted by Dcboys94 View Post
                i think the cowboys will finally take a 1st rounder on O this year. The other one on D would be nice either at CB or DT.
                I think with 2 first rounders, that would be more likely, but going D with both picks wouldn't hurt in my eyes. Say Kenny Phillips and Tyson Jackson... WOW. I'm really high on both of those players.

If we go Offense, I'm thinkin OL. Outside of that, there are only a couple position players that I think would be worth a first rounder. Desean is THE man.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  I think with 2 first rounders, that would be more likely, but going D with both picks wouldn't hurt in my eyes. Say Kenny Phillips and Tyson Jackson... WOW. I'm really high on both of those players.

If we go Offense, I'm thinkin OL. Outside of that, there are only a couple position players that I think would be worth a first rounder. Desean is THE man.
                  So you wouldnt want mcfadden or jonathon stewart(with 2nd 1st rounder)...i think an all-pro future RB could do a lot for this team. i think jerry ,and i know i do, miss an emmitt smith in the backfield. having two ok/good backs is alright and it gets the job done. but someone like mcfadden would be outstanding a RB of his ability at his age(19) comes around only so often. sure theres bush and peterson. but bush isnt as good of a runner as him and peterson isnt as good at catching as him. dont get me wrong i think all 3 will be elite backs one day, but if you have the chance at one of them i say take it. ;)

Comment

Well, to be fair, any player you pick in the top 5 of the draft is supposed to be elite some day. That being said, it's far more important to have an elite LT, QB, DE/OLB, CB or even WR than RB. RB's are a dime a dozen. I'd rather not have McFadden if JJ/MBIII are still a good duo and both signed.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                      Well, to be fair, any player you pick in the top 5 of the draft is supposed to be elite some day. That being said, it's far more important to have an elite LT, QB, DE/OLB, CB or even WR than RB. RB's are a dime a dozen. I'd rather not have McFadden if JJ/MBIII are still a good duo and both signed.
                      and i agree 100%....but, we dont need a QB,DE/OLB, or a CB in the top 5 unless its the next champ bailey or newman, but right now it doesnt look as if that will be the case next year. The other 2 LT or WR are different. i am not so sure there is a top 5 talent WR maybe desean, but it looks like hurd and austin might take over the way theyre playing this TC so far. if he ends up ranked that high he'd be nice too. I think Baker and Long could help though depending on the play of Marten and Free. so in terms i agree. McFadden does add another dimention though.its seems as if McFadden is the cant miss prospect for next year. He's the calvin johnson, Reggie Bush, Vince Young, carson palmer, LT and on and on and on. He's the guy that if available and you dont take well look at the Texans Bush Scenario. imagine having the closest prospect to LT on our team. But thats the thing that makes football fun. watching the whole season then at the end debate about needs. ;)

Comment

My early season pick for 1st pick in Mcfadden, but only because he is the surest thing right now. There are bigger needs than a running back, and you can find good ones in later rounds a lot easier than some other positions.

If JJ is gone next year, I say we get Mcfadden. Otherwise, there are so many other ways to go...
                        I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Here's my suggestion.

Let's just say that we have a top 5 pick and there is no CB/WR in that position that we feel warrants the pick. Why not trade down? We could get a McFadden type player sure. But you could also get a good WR AND Stewart if you traded down to say, 10-15 ish and pick up another high 2nd or low 1st.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                          I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Here's my suggestion.

Let's just say that we have a top 5 pick and there is no CB/WR in that position that we feel warrants the pick. Why not trade down? We could get a McFadden type player sure. But you could also get a good WR AND Stewart if you traded down to say, 10-15 ish and pick up another high 2nd or low 1st.

You know, this occured to me, also. If McFadden is not there and we feel good about OT, why not trade down? We could use a CB, maybe.

I could envision a scenario where we have 3 first rounders next year! How amazing would it be to come out of next years' draft with a first round OL, WR & CB?!
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Here's my suggestion.

Depending on how good the browns pick is (more than likely top 5) and assessing what we need, trading down and picking up an additional 2nd would be killer. We could address so many different needs.

we could really stockpile some good talent with 2 first's and 2 second's... that being said, if there is a franchise player in the top 5 at cb/rb/or LT, you wouldn't hear me complaining if we went that route either. In terms of staying put or trading down, I dont think there is much that could go wrong for us in this next draft.

As far as the player im going to watch the closest this year.... I think im going to have to go with Antoine Cason. The dude looks like a future playmaker at the next level and we need a first round talent CB IMO. It will be interesting to watch him against Desean Jackson this year.

Also, does anyone know anything about Louis Holmes? I was out at Univ. Of Arizona this past year visiting my brother and we went to a pool party that he was at. You would have thought he was God if you were there. The party centered around him hosting a wet T contest, and I saw just as many guys kissing his ass and handing him beers as girls. Everyone in AZ is claiming he will be a first rounder next year, but I cant find anything on the guy to support that at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information