• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
    How is that?

Your QB gave NE points.

We gave BUF points.

The fact we overcame 6 turnovers to win and NE got 2 turnovers to win.

Ya think NE could do that????? 6 TOs.
    Actually, DA had a lot fewer picks than Romo...so that just means he's a better QB on a worse team, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
      Actually, DA had a lot fewer picks than Romo...so that just means he's a better QB on a worse team, right?
      Uh, no. I am trying to understand how New England getting two turnovers for 14 points at home to Cleveland and winning 35-14 is MORE IMPRESSIVE than the Cowobys overcoming 6 turnovers and a Kick-off Return to win on the road Monday Night at Buffalo?

To me Buf and Clev are comparable type teams. We overcame alot of slopiness to win on the road. NE won in a competitive game to a team that gave them points.

Said it last night, when the Patriots got lucky versus San Diego last year everyone babbled about how great the Patriots are b/c they over came all this adversity. Patriots got their butt kicked that day and got lucky.

Now the Cowboys put together and amazing come form behind win and somehow we suck b/c we struggled with Buffalo on the road?

We gave up 3 and scored 26 in spite of 6 Turnovers.

Comment

You're making zero sense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          You're making zero sense.
          I got what I was going for then. That was kinda the point.

Comment

You were trying to not make sense?

Well you are really good at it.

Cheers.

Comment

No not really. Just watch Romo play week after week. The two playes arent even comparable. If you have actually seen Romo perform week after week after week...you would know that the game was a complete fluke. He has great accuracy, he never plays like that...not even in his struggles at the end of last year did he have anything remotley close to yesterday's game. Worst defense in the NFL with a patch work secondary. Perhaps it was over confidence, perhaps it was looking ahead to a real game w/ meaning but, that was not the real Tony Romo. All you have to do, to actually to know how good a QB he actually is, is watch him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                No not really. Just watch Romo play week after week. The two playes arent even comparable. If you have actually seen Romo perform week after week after week...you would know that the game was a complete fluke. He has great accuracy, he never plays like that...not even in his struggles at the end of last year did he have anything remotley close to yesterday's game. Worst defense in the NFL with a patch work secondary. Perhaps it was over confidence, perhaps it was looking ahead to a real game w/ meaning but, that was not the real Tony Romo. All you have to do, to actually to know how good a QB he actually is, is watch him.
                Mechanics and wet ball MOTH.

Comment

Mechanics and wet ball MOTH.

Because he stated this 2 months ago so now it has to be true.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                    Because he stated this 2 months ago so now it has to be true.
                    From DMN, Mr Greer.

-- To wrap up Romo’s nightmare, it looked that two picks was certainly his fault. The second one was, where the QB had Jason Witten to the outside and hung it on his tight end’s numbers. That gave Bills LB Angelo Crowell, playing inside leverage, the avenue to jump the route and take the ball. On the fourth one, Romo floated a ball into coverage and – no matter whether Sam Hurd ran the right route or not – any throw going into an area that crowded has to have more mustard on it. In fact, after the first couple picks, this seemed to be a bit of a problem for Romo: Too many touch passes and what seemed to be subtle mechanical breakdowns.

Mechanical break downs???? Did I write that or someone else?? I also posted a Scout's take on the same issue. You crapped on that too..............

You are just a f*ing idiot who can not admit you are wrong. You want to think Tony is perfect. He is not.

I love Tony and rather have him than most others but his mechanics need work. Particularly his footwork. He is floating a ton of passes b/c he is not shifting his weight forward. His is shorting his deeper passes. He is skipping short routes toward the side line when he tries to arm it in there.

He got away with them earlier in the season but got caught yesterday. He made similar mistakes versus the Rams which I pointed out when he skipped some passes and got picked off on another one.

The guy is accurate and has a good arm but will be moreso if works on shifting from back to front foot when throwing in the pocket.

But, you will keep arguing the obvious. Go watch tapes of Palmer, Peyton and Brady. You will see if you care to look carefully.

OH, it f*ing rained in Buffalo before the game. But always coincidence unless you say so.
                    Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 10-10-2007, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• It's true his mechanics need to be cleaned up a bit...but, another guy in Green Bay has done pretty well for himself w/ similar mechanics. I have to disagree w/ that person's assessment. They broke it down very well on NFL Live today. After Romo's two picks, he was pre-determining where he was going to throw the ball. He was staring down receivers and trying to throw to the deeper routes (regardless of coverage) instead of hitting the open man undeneath. In essence, he was trying to make up for those two early ints and trying to do too much. It was less passing mechanics and more decision making...he's young, he only has 16 starts, it's going to happen. He'll be fine, this is easily correctible and having Wade back is def. going to help him right away when it comes to this.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

From DMN, Mr Greer.

-- To wrap up Romo’s nightmare, it looked that two picks was certainly his fault. The second one was, where the QB had Jason Witten to the outside and hung it on his tight end’s numbers. That gave Bills LB Angelo Crowell, playing inside leverage, the avenue to jump the route and take the ball. On the fourth one, Romo floated a ball into coverage and – no matter whether Sam Hurd ran the right route or not – any throw going into an area that crowded has to have more mustard on it. In fact, after the first couple picks, this seemed to be a bit of a problem for Romo: Too many touch passes and what seemed to be subtle mechanical breakdowns.

Mechanical break downs???? Did I write that or someone else?? I also posted a Scout's take on the same issue. You crapped on that too..............

You are just a f*ing idiot who can not admit you are wrong. You want to think Tony is perfect. He is not.

I love Tony and rather have him than most others but his mechanics need work. Particularly his footwork. He is floating a ton of passes b/c he is not shifting his weight forward. His is shorting his deeper passes. He is skipping short routes toward the side line when he tries to arm it in there.

He got away with them earlier in the season but got caught yesterday. He made similar mistakes versus the Rams which I pointed out when he skipped some passes and got picked off on another one.

The guy is accurate and has a good arm but will be moreso if works on shifting from back to front foot when throwing in the pocket.

But, you will keep arguing the obvious. Go watch tapes of Palmer, Peyton and Brady. You will see if you care to look carefully.

OH, it f*ing rained in Buffalo before the game. But always coincidence unless you say so.

I'm can't believe "Jerrah" didn't hire you while Wade was gone. Just think how much better Romo would be. Its also laughable that you would quote anybody from the DMN after you bashed them for not agreeing with all your big Bill points. But if it suites your needs, why not huh? I never said Tony was perfect but when you came out and said he had major issues and flaws, well lets just say once again you've been proven wrong despite his 1 bad game. Oh and by the way you did notice we are 5-0 right? I know in your world the sky is falling daily but in the real world were doing alright.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                          I'm can't believe "Jerrah" didn't hire you while Wade was gone. Just think how much better Romo would be. Its also laughable that you would quote anybody from the DMN after you bashed them for not agreeing with all your big Bill points. But if it suites your needs, why not huh? I never said Tony was perfect but when you came out and said he had major issues and flaws, well lets just say once again you've been proven wrong despite his 1 bad game. Oh and by the way you did notice we are 5-0 right? I know in your world the sky is falling daily but in the real world were doing alright.
                          I have bashed JJT. He is an idiot.

This is a new writer. Todd Archer has some good articles too.

Balanced.

Comment

• I personally still think we'll have a 6-10 pick from the Browns and would love to see us snag Kenny Philips from The U if he falls to us. I personally have no confidence in Watkins, Davis or Hamlin and we need a ballhawking FS who can play Centerfield and then switch into a man-to-man cover on a TE or Slot WR... Basically we need someone to do everything Roy can't.

If we don't have a shot at Phillips, I'd actually like to see us go for a shutdown corner there. Someone who can be physical at the line with the speed to keep up. Playing opposite of TNew isn't going to be easy so I think the best CB available, assuming he's near BPA, is the way to go.

For our 2nd round pick, I'd like to see us either go after a CB like above or a WR like Adarius Bowman. If we get a CB with our 1st pick, I think we should also look at a Ballhawking FS with our 2nd pick for the same reasons as above.

One thing I'm noticing is alot of people giving us Jackson - I'm personally not a fan of DeSean as a Cowboy - I don't think he's what we need. With Crayton, Hurd, Stanback, and Austin, we have plenty of #2 and #3 WR's. TO isn't going anywhere next year and will probably have a Jerry Rice-like career playing into his late 30's - if we decide to let him go, I could see us looking for a #1... I just don't see it being DeSean. I'd like to see us snag a Burress/Owens-like receiver who is Tall and Physical who can get up over the top of a CB. I'd love to see us grab Sweed if he falls in the 2nd.

Here's a quick Cowboys Mock:

1a - Kenny Phillips (FS) Miami
                            1b - Mike Jenkins (CB) SoFl
                            2 - Limas Sweed (WR) Texas
                            3 - Dantrell Savage (RB) OkSt
                            4 - Doug Legursky (C) Marshall

Thoughts?

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com

Comment

• Originally posted by MaddHatter View Post
                              I personally still think we'll have a 6-10 pick from the Browns and would love to see us snag Kenny Philips from The U if he falls to us. I personally have no confidence in Watkins, Davis or Hamlin and we need a ballhawking FS who can play Centerfield and then switch into a man-to-man cover on a TE or Slot WR... Basically we need someone to do everything Roy can't.

If we don't have a shot at Phillips, I'd actually like to see us go for a shutdown corner there. Someone who can be physical at the line with the speed to keep up. Playing opposite of TNew isn't going to be easy so I think the best CB available, assuming he's near BPA, is the way to go.

For our 2nd round pick, I'd like to see us either go after a CB like above or a WR like Adarius Bowman. If we get a CB with our 1st pick, I think we should also look at a Ballhawking FS with our 2nd pick for the same reasons as above.

One thing I'm noticing is alot of people giving us Jackson - I'm personally not a fan of DeSean as a Cowboy - I don't think he's what we need. With Crayton, Hurd, Stanback, and Austin, we have plenty of #2 and #3 WR's. TO isn't going anywhere next year and will probably have a Jerry Rice-like career playing into his late 30's - if we decide to let him go, I could see us looking for a #1... I just don't see it being DeSean. I'd like to see us snag a Burress/Owens-like receiver who is Tall and Physical who can get up over the top of a CB. I'd love to see us grab Sweed if he falls in the 2nd.

Here's a quick Cowboys Mock:

1a - Kenny Phillips (FS) Miami
                              1b - Mike Jenkins (CB) SoFl
                              2 - Limas Sweed (WR) Texas
                              3 - Dantrell Savage (RB) OkSt
                              4 - Doug Legursky (C) Marshall

Thoughts?

I can not argue with the holes you are filling. Strategically correct. My only comment is we already have lots of money in the secondary.

TNew will be resigned for more probably. Roy's contract is poorly invested money but still a cap hit. Henry is about the only one that can be let go but still some years to go. So Two 1s this year?

Seems much if Hamlin and Watkins is working as SS and FS, Reeves is OK and learning -- only get better IMHO, TNew stays and Roy is basically uncutable.

So I think 1 guys is enough I think and CB seems to be more important given the age and contract status of Henry and TNew. So ......... Jenkins, Thomas, the OSU guy, and Penn State guy King make sense. Even Smith from OK. I see around 7 high ceiling CBs and we can get one late first from the above list.

I feel either LT and RB are first pick, first round material. I also think if really high we can trade down a few slots and get the best player at those spots.

Example, DMac is being projected 5 - 10 in some drafts. Jake Long footwork concerns may push him down. May also push the OK LT or BC LT or oise State LT up into 5 - 10 -- like Levi Brown last year.

Good news for us is 2 QB look to go 1-5.

Personally WR for me is Kelley or Bowman. Period. I love the 6'4 WR with 4.5 speed to take out TO. Early Second with Kelley/Bowman b/c I think Jackson and Doucet (maybe Manningham) will create lots of noise with their 40 and push them into the first round. Teams love the speed and ST upside. Sweed is going third round with his injury unless he pushes sub-4.5.

My only concern with Kelly or Bowman is that it will be early second and we will need to trade into this area.

BTW, Jackson, Manningham and Doucet are great but not the template of what we need IMHO. That said I won't cry if we go WR late first and CB in the second.

So here is my ideal draft day 1

*1. Clev (1-5 pick) -- Trade down (6 - 10) and get early second rounder
                              PICK: Jake Long or DMac or other LT
                              1. Dallas (28-31) -- CB
                              PICK: Jenkins, R Smith, T Thomas.
                              *2. Via Clev Trade (32 - 40) -- WR
                              PICK: Malcom Kelly or Adarius Bowman
                              2. Dallas (63) -- DE
                              PICK: Kendall Langford
                              3. Dallas (95) -- DT or QB
                              PICK: Raji/Bryant or John David Booty/Sam Keller

Comment

I can not argue with the holes you are filling. Strategically correct. My only comment is we already have lots of money in the secondary.

TNew will be resigned for more probably. Roy's contract is poorly invested money but still a cap hit. Henry is about the only one that can be let go but still some years to go. So Two 1s this year?

Seems much if Hamlin and Watkins is working as SS and FS, Reeves is OK and learning -- only get better IMHO, TNew stays and Roy is basically uncutable.

So I think 1 guys is enough I think and CB seems to be more important given the age and contract status of Henry and TNew. So ......... Jenkins, Thomas, the OSU guy, and Penn State guy King make sense. Even Smith from OK. I see around 7 high ceiling CBs and we can get one late first from the above list.

I feel either LT and RB are first pick, first round material. I also think if really high we can trade down a few slots and get the best player at those spots.

Example, DMac is being projected 5 - 10 in some drafts. Jake Long footwork concerns may push him down. May also push the OK LT or BC LT or oise State LT up into 5 - 10 -- like Levi Brown last year.

Good news for us is 2 QB look to go 1-5.

Personally WR for me is Kelley or Bowman. Period. I love the 6'4 WR with 4.5 speed to take out TO. Early Second with Kelley/Bowman b/c I think Jackson and Doucet (maybe Manningham) will create lots of noise with their 40 and push them into the first round. Teams love the speed and ST upside. Sweed is going third round with his injury unless he pushes sub-4.5.

My only concern with Kelly or Bowman is that it will be early second and we will need to trade into this area.

BTW, Jackson, Manningham and Doucet are great but not the template of what we need IMHO. That said I won't cry if we go WR late first and CB in the second.

So here is my ideal draft day 1

*1. Clev (1-5 pick) -- Trade down (6 - 10) and get early second rounder
                                PICK: Jake Long or DMac or other LT
                                1. Dallas (28-31) -- CB
                                PICK: Jenkins, R Smith, T Thomas.
                                *2. Via Clev Trade (32 - 40) -- WR
                                PICK: Malcom Kelly or Adarius Bowman
                                2. Dallas (63) -- DE
                                PICK: Kendall Langford
                                3. Dallas (95) -- DT or QB
                                PICK: Raji/Bryant or John David Booty/Sam Keller

I agree with most of what you're saying regarding the secondary, but I also think we'll let Hamlin go if we have a shot at Phillips. Hamlin is almost as big a liability as Roy is when it comes to coverage and I don't trust either quite honestly. Watkins is a nice 7th-rd pick story, but he's not what we need and Davis is purely a ST guy IMO. I'd like to see us let Hamlin go, for a ballhawking FS. I would agree though, that if we only get one of the two, we need a shutdown CB.

I don't think McFadden falls out of the Top 5, nor do I think we have a Top 5 pick from CLE. I wouldn't mind us taking Long if he falls, which he could if the Jr from OU (Lockholt) declares (see his domination of Cherilius in OUvsMiami.) I don't think we go with a RB not named McFadden before the 3rd round though, as that's alot to invest in someone who will, at best, be sharing 1/3 the carries with Barber.

One guy I'm REALLY high on right now is BJ Raji, but if he comes out, it'll be b/c he was given a late 1st or early 2nd draft grade and we'd have to trade up to get him IMO, or trade down from the 30's.

If our Draft ended up being Lockholt, Jenkins, Bowman, Langford, Bryant... I definatly wouldn't be complaining.

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information