No announcement yet.

Spears Benching Countdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to remember, Spears--even at his worst--is still a force against the run. He was a big reason for our staunch run D the last two years, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind this pre season.

That said, it boggles the mind that a guy who was thought to have so much potential could be as pedestrian as he has been up to this point. I mean, we got him at 20, but the guy was rated between 10 and 16 in just about everyone's pre draft rankings. He was supposed to be a dominant force either inside or outside, in a 3-4 or a 4-3. He has always worked hard. He doesn't have any character concerns. He seems fairly intelligent. It just doesn't compute. The only explanation is that he just isn't that good....but then why did everyone like him so much?
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
      You have to remember, Spears--even at his worst--is still a force against the run. He was a big reason for our staunch run D the last two years, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind this pre season.
      Which is why we should see if he can convert to NT. He just doesn't have that burst but seems strong enuff to withstand linemen at the POA.

Comment

I'm glad you know the solution to every problem. You're obviously smarter than any NFL coach on the Dallas Cowboys..

Anthony Henry should play FS.
        Carp should have stayed outside.
        Spears should play the nose.
        We shouldn't have traded up for Spencer...
        Our ILB's would consist of the big three...Burnett who is always hurt and some other scrub. Maybe your man Saldi.
        We would have drafted Rice in your opinion...which means Austin is off the team.

Your ideas might work in theory...but bottomline is they are madden dreams in real life.

Comment

As I said, distortions b/c you don't wish to understand let me address the points jerk. (Because only a jerk willfully distorts another man's position to score cheap idiotic points)

Originally posted by thule View Post
          I'm glad you know the solution to every problem. You're obviously smarter than any NFL coach on the Dallas Cowboys.

Not saying I am smarter than anyone. Saying PLAYER PERSONNEL MOVES DON'T MAKE SENSE. Saying Jerrah is a HORRIBLE GM.

Anthony Henry should play FS.
          It was brought up as a solution by the Coaching staff in Spring instead of the Hamlin decision. So go talk to them. I just mentioned it first.

Carp should have stayed outside.
          Well, his best game last season was Seattle at SOLB. So, WTF? Move im back inside where now people are saying he sucks???? MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!!!!!!!!!

Spears should play the nose.
          No stupid, if Spears can not make it at DE (which we all think he can't) we should try to move him to NT since we don't have any back-up talent.

He has the physique to do it. Does he have the spirit and heart. I dunno. As is we are backed up in starting quality DE (Hatcher).

We shouldn't have traded up for Spencer.
          You got it. Kept 2 twos and gone WR and DB or similar. Carp would be the starter at SOLB and would not be deciding whether he should play here or there.

Our ILB's would consist of the big three...Burnett who is always hurt and some other scrub. Maybe your man Saldi.
          So are you telling me Ayodele, James and Burnett are not a good ILB tandem with Saldi on the PS? This may be your least idiotic point because you don't make a point. What alternative is on that list for me to choose from??

We would have drafted Rice in your opinion...which means Austin is off the team.
          Another idiotic distortion. First, no Stanback Experiment so ........ Second Austin and Rice look like a nice 1/2 option given last week's preseason game. See that TD catch by Rice????????? Two guys 20 and 22 of age.

So, try again and try to do so without distorting my points. None (NOT FING ONE) is "Madden." So keep repeating Madden every time to make yourself feel better.

I will tell you Madden .... Madden is you telling us Zbikowski is anything but another over-rated shoe shine athlete from Notre Dame. NOW THAT IS MADDEN.
          Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 09-04-2007, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
            Madden is you telling us Zbikowski is anything but another over-rated shoe shine athlete from Notre Dame.
            Zbikowski is an upgrade over Keith Davis which is all that I said last year. He for sure would have stuck on the team unlike your boy Abram Elam who has since departed. Not only would Zbikowski allow us a younger option than Davis in the secondary he would also give us that unfindable punt returner. Since we haven't had one since deion left. I still think it's a good pick.

Comment

I still think it's a good pick.
              And now we are back to reality. You think. I think.

Not much "fact" to support your point. Just thoughts and hopes and aspirations.

I think Tony Romo will continue to be turn over prone until he improves his footwork in the pocket.

You think Zbikowski is better than Davis.

Only time will tell.

Comment

And with respect to Abram Elam I stated that a) He was better in coverage than Roy Williams, b) He would never be given the shot ahead of Roy for obviou$$$$$ reason, and c) Roy was better in run support.

A separate and interesting point made by BBD was the he felt Watkins was a better SS prospect than FS ... which I think is interesting if looking for a "no Roy" secondary.

BTW, wasn't Elam a ND guy who got booked on rape and tossed off the team?

Comment

No props on Rice for me Thule?

Got ripped for saying Rice could be a 1.

Looks better than Williamson in MN.

Comment

And with respect to Abram Elam I stated that a) He was better in coverage than Roy Williams, b) He would never be given the shot ahead of Roy for obviou$$$$$ reason, and c) Roy was better in run support.

A separate and interesting point made by BBD was the he felt Watkins was a better SS prospect than FS ... which I think is interesting if looking for a "no Roy" secondary.

BTW, wasn't Elam a ND guy who got booked on rape and tossed off the team?
                    The problem is that you don't have any reason to say that Elam is better in coverage than Roy. You said that Elam could have been a better SS than Roy if given the opportunity. And why you said that? Because of two preseasons where Elam barely played outside of ST.
                    Elam, when he played - and he played against 3rd stringers, was late in the few passes that came his way.
                    This is the problem with you, you take something like 10 snaps and make a statement. Roy Williams played two quarters in the first three preseason games (I didn't see the last one), Keith Davis replaced him in the second half, and Elam played a few snaps in the fourth quarter. And still, he was late both in run support and in coverage. I don't want to go and watch the tapes again, but off the top of my head I don't remember a single play in which Elam did something.
                    So, how can you say that he could have been better than Roy Williams? Only because you dislike Roy.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

No props on Rice for me Thule?

Got ripped for saying Rice could be a 1.

Looks better than Williamson in MN.
                      Is a big deal looking better than Williamson?
                      You said that Rice should have contributed this year, with catching high balls in the endzone and give us a new dimension, or something like that. Do I remember it correctly?
                      Redzone offense is the last thing we need. Owens, Barber, Witten, Crayton, Fasano, Glenn. We havea lot of guys that can score, Owens and Barber last year combined for over 30 TD's. So why we need another redzone threat?
                      We can find a better WR than Rice in next year's draft.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

yeah, Sydney Rice is going to be a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
                          The problem is that you don't have any reason to say that Elam is better in coverage than Roy. You said that Elam could have been a better SS than Roy if given the opportunity. And why you said that? Because of two preseasons where Elam barely played outside of ST.
                          Elam, when he played - and he played against 3rd stringers, was late in the few passes that came his way.
                          This is the problem with you, you take something like 10 snaps and make a statement. Roy Williams played two quarters in the first three preseason games (I didn't see the last one), Keith Davis replaced him in the second half, and Elam played a few snaps in the fourth quarter. And still, he was late both in run support and in coverage. I don't want to go and watch the tapes again, but off the top of my head I don't remember a single play in which Elam did something.
                          So, how can you say that he could have been better than Roy Williams? Only because you dislike Roy.
                          Yes I do. I saw him play coverage. That is how I judge that he plays it better than Roy.

Just let it go. The best known secret in Pro Football is Roy Williams can't cover at all.

I hate Roy b/c he is a SS who can't cover and gives up big plays in the passing game.

Again, so simple.

Comment

Is a big deal looking better than Williamson?
                            You said that Rice should have contributed this year, with catching high balls in the endzone and give us a new dimension, or something like that. Do I remember it correctly?.
                            Yup. More or less. Plus he was going to be the second best in this draft after CJ.

Redzone offense is the last thing we need. Owens, Barber, Witten, Crayton, Fasano, Glenn. We havea lot of guys that can score, Owens and Barber last year combined for over 30 TD's. So why we need another redzone threat?
                            We don't have an alley option in our O. TO does not have the hands and Glenn does not have the size. Regardless, Rice's size brings a dimension we do not have and I would love to have.

We can find a better WR than Rice in next year's draft.
                            Don't think so and nothing so far to say otherwise. Time will tell on Rice and all the other alternatives.

Comment

Yes I do. I saw him play coverage. That is how I judge that he plays it better than Roy.

Just let it go. The best known secret in Pro Football is Roy Williams can't cover at all.

I hate Roy b/c he is a SS who can't cover and gives up big plays in the passing game.

Again, so simple.
                              You saw him plying against THIRD stringers. And still he didn't make any plays in coverage, probably because he played in like 20 snaps in all pre-season.

You hate Roy because he can't cover. Without Roy we should have lost the game againts Indianapolis last year. There are a lot of safeties who get burned deep, but there aren't a lot of safeties that makes game-changing plays like Roy does.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

Yup. More or less. Plus he was going to be the second best in this draft after CJ.

We don't have an alley option in our O. TO does not have the hands and Glenn does not have the size. Regardless, Rice's size brings a dimension we do not have and I would love to have.

Don't think so and nothing so far to say otherwise. Time will tell on Rice and all the other alternatives.
                                TO does not have the hands, but the man has 33 TD's in his last 37 games. Give me a huge break! TO is one of the best redzone scorer in the league. Glenn does not have the size but he knows how to score in quick routes. Plus we have a stud called Marion Barber and a TE who is one of the best in the business. And you're trying to telling me that we need help in the redzone?!

By the way, there's no way Rice is better than Bennett, Doucet or Jackson. And they're guys we can pick in next year's draft.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information