Spears Benching Countdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
    Not sure I wrote those words "need help in the redzone" but maybe ....

regardless the bigger point is ..... we could very much use a tall receiver with ball skills for 2007. It is a big help in the red zone, particularly for Tony. Rice could have been a contributor in 2007 and beyond.

But let us argue specifics without conceding broader points No comment over the analysis?

well you did, go back and re-read, I know you probably think it sounds crazy thinking about it but thats how alot of the things you say sound...post #31

and my comment over the analysis? you claim we need help in the redzone, which is downright outlandish to say the least...we were 2nd in the NFL in td's last yr, 21 rushing and 26 receiving, yet you think an unproven rookie who hasnt played a real NFL game would help us out and make us that much better...the only team we were behind was the chargers, but hey its always room for improvement huh?

and what hogs did brees have in SD for this type of redzone scoring your referring to, that we dont have here right now? do you realize how off base that sounds? please tell me how much sidney rice would of helped our already effective scoring offense, yes he's tall, yes he can play jump ball in the endzone, but really how much better was that going to make us?

just because you fell in love with him doesnt mean he's the only player who will/was going to make an impact somewhere on our team

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      well you did, go back and re-read, I know you probably think it sounds crazy thinking about it but thats how alot of the things you say sound...post #31

and my comment over the analysis? you claim we need help in the redzone, which is downright outlandish to say the least...we were 2nd in the NFL in td's last yr, 21 rushing and 26 receiving, yet you think an unproven rookie who hasnt played a real NFL game would help us out and make us that much better...the only team we were behind was the chargers, but hey its always room for improvement huh?

and what hogs did brees have in SD for this type of redzone scoring your referring to, that we dont have here right now? do you realize how off base that sounds? please tell me how much sidney rice would of helped our already effective scoring offense, yes he's tall, yes he can play jump ball in the endzone, but really how much better was that going to make us?

just because you fell in love with him doesnt mean he's the only player who will/was going to make an impact somewhere on our team
      That's what I've tried to say, too. If you read my post you'll see we are on the same page. I think robert's argument doesn't make any sense.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
        I would be all for Spears moving to NT, since he has shown nothing since getting drafted.

And sorry, bro....

Elam is not better at anything football related than Roy Williams.

I dont want to get into the middle of anyone's feud...but I can not think of anyone that I would consider football savy that would agree with Elam being better than Roy.

Not one.
        In coverage. Elam is better in coverage. That was about all I said on this issue bro.

Maybe I say this b/c Roy is so damn bad and not that Elam is so damn good.

Example, Stalin was nicer than Adolph Hitler..... c what I sayin bro'

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
          You kidding, right? Brees didn't have Jackson, Jackson caught 3 passes (and 0 TD's) while Brees was in San Diego. Gates is 6-4 while Witten is 6-5. Brees had McCardell (6-1) and Eric Parker (6-0). I don't know how you get this "Brees had the horses for this play in San Diego".
          The fact is, last year Romo and our offense were very good in the redzone. The only times Romo made mistakes in the endzone was because he tried to do too much.
          Last year we scored 425 points (4th in the NFL and behind only San Diego, Chicago and Indianapolis), we scored 26 TD's through the air (5th in the NFL), even with Bledsoe starting the first games of the season.
          But still you think that Romo's height combined with his realease etc it's a problem in the redzone and we need a Sidney Rice type of receiver.
          Looking at last year, this is simply not true. Even if your right about Romo, we still did't have problems scoring. We don't need to improve our scoring, we were one of the best team in scoring last year, and Romo was in his first season as a starter.
          Romo doesn't need that type of receiver, he didn't have that type of receiver last year. Your argument could make sense if he had troubles finding his men in the endzone, or if our team had troubles trying to score. But we were one of the better team in scoring, both through the ground and throug the air.
          And TO is money in the redzone, he is so physical that is very hard for a DB to not allow him to make a catch in the corner of the endzone. I think this is the play you call "alley oop pass", and TO was very effective for all his career in this type of passes.
          Okay, you win.

We don't need better red zone WR to help Romo become better. Sidney Rice is not very good and any other WR in the 2008 draft will do. Stanback is great. We have the best red zone offense in the NFL. Barber is the best RB inside the 5 yard line. TO is the best. Witten is the best. Our OL is best. Tony is the next Joe Montana.

Let us talk at the end of the season. Results usually help validate my forecasts.

OT, all this writing over the obvious is starting to irritate me, just one homer after another not looking at how we can get better but talking up the team and how great it is. Insufferable optimism.
          Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 09-05-2007, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Okay, you win. We don't need better red zone WR to help Romo become better.

We have the best red zone offense. barber is the best, TO is the best, Witten is the best, our OL is best, and Tony is the next Joe Montana.

Let us talk at the end of the season. Results usually help validate my forecasts.

OT, all this writing over the obvious is starting to irritate me, just one homer after another not looking at how we can get better but talking up the team and how great it is.
            And this reply just showed me that you're a baby.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

That's what I've tried to say, too. If you read my post you'll see we are on the same page. I think robert's argument doesn't make any sense.
              Brees had a 6'4 ex basketball player TE and a 6'6 WR. He also now has Colston at 6'4 or so. But on Brees, I saw at least 3 TDs that season on isolation plays into the corner -- outside the has marks. Comparing TO or Witten to Gates or Colston on a fade is ....

Another team that takes advantage of a shortish QB with tall receivers is Detroit with Roy Williams (Plax and Eli though Eli not short). Now with Johnson it will be even more effective because either receiver can run a fade or slant and use their body and size to outmuscle guys.

It is a wonderful play to have in the book and use but we can't cuz TO does not have the hands, Glenn is too small and the other guys are unproven. So.... just one less weapon than what we could have had.

But of course, my argument does not make sense. World is round did not make sense either.

OT, you guys must belong to the 30% of the US that thinks George Bush knew about 9-11 and did nothing.

Comment

Brees had a 6'4 ex basketball player TE and a 6'6 WR. He also now has Colston at 6'4 or so. But on Brees, I saw at least 3 TDs that season on isolation plays into the corner -- outside the has marks. Comparing TO or Witten to Gates or Colston on a fade is ....

Another team that takes advantage of a shortish QB with tall receivers is Detroit with Roy Williams (Plax and Eli though Eli not short). Now with Johnson it will be even more effective because either receiver can run a fade or slant and use their body and size to outmuscle guys.

It is a wonderful play to have in the book and use but we can't cuz TO does not have the hands, Glenn is too small and the other guys are unproven. So.... just one less weapon than what we could have had.

But of course, my argument does not make sense. World is round did not make sense either.

OT, you guys must belong to the 30% of the US that thinks George Bush knew about 9-11 and did nothing.
                Brees didn't have a 6-6 WR. Who was this 6-6 WR? Because we were talking about San Diego, not New Orleans.
                Second, even without this play, TO scored 33 TD's in his last 37 games. And I don't know if we're talking about the same type of play, but if you're talking about throwing in the corner of the endzone to a WR who is one on one with the, well, with that type of play TO scored against Houston, Atlanta off the top of my head. And they used that play a lot when he was in Philly.
                And last but not least, why we should improve our scoring? We were 4th in the NFL, we were one of the best team in scoring both through the air and through the ground. Scoring is the last thing to improve not only in our offense, but in our entire team.
                How a rookie WR could have improved an offense that was behind only San Diego and Indianapolis (Chicago is ahead of us because of the TD's they scored on returns and defensively), two teams that have on their side Peyton Manning (who has the record for TD's pass) and LT (who set the record for rushing TD's)?

In Bob We Trust

Comment

Brees didn't have a 6-6 WR. Who was this 6-6 WR? Because we were talking about San Diego, not New Orleans.
                  Vincent Jackson | #83 | WR
                  San Diego Chargers
                  Height: 6-5 Weight: 241 Age: 24
                  Born: 1/14/1983 Colorado Springs , CO
                  College: Northern Colorado
                  Experience: 3rd season
                  High School: Widefield HS [Colorado Springs, CO]

6 TDs last season on 27 Rec. Wonder what he was used for if not the play I just described. OHHHHHHH, 6-5 not 6-6. Sorry.

In 2005 he played very little. Rookie, raw kid but used as a threat in the red zone. Him and Gates is an interesting red zone package with LT but I digress ......

Point is the same ....

1) Rice, I believe, is going to be an excellent WR. He is 6'4, and excellent athlete and has great ball skills/hands. He should be a big play type of guy. We had a shot at him that would not have cost us the Cleveland #2.

2) Our WR are old and while we have an over abundance of young possession WR (Hurd and Crayton) -- our big play guys TO and Glenn have seen better days.

3) Stanback is a development project and may be a simlar (or better) player but he is very raw.

4) I think it safe to say Rice is a better prospect than Stanback -- which explains his 2nd round status.

5) Rice (as a rook) could have contributed in a meaningful way, like a Jackson, in limited packages. Red Zone being 1. We have nothing similar in the tool box.

6) Romo would benefit from this.

7) Rice as a 2nd year Vet could maybe replace TO or Glenn.

8) Spencer would have been gone by the first. We likely would have had to give up a 4th and 5th to move up some slots to get Rice.

9) We could have gone Rice in early 2 and combine that with the late 2 and 3 for other needs.
                  Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 09-05-2007, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Vincent Jackson | #83 | WR
                    San Diego Chargers
                    Height: 6-5 Weight: 241 Age: 24
                    Born: 1/14/1983 Colorado Springs , CO
                    College: Northern Colorado
                    Experience: 3rd season
                    High School: Widefield HS [Colorado Springs, CO]

6 TDs last season on 27 Rec. Wonder what he was used for if not the play I just described.

OHHHHHHH, 6-5 not 6-6. Sorry.

In 2005 he played very little. Rookie, raw kid but used as a threat in the red zone.

Him and Gates is an interesting red zone package with LT.
                    OHHHHH, he had 3 catches when Brees was in San Diego. Yeah, for sure he was used as a threat in the redzone that year.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

OHHHHH, he had 3 catches when Brees was in San Diego. Yeah, for sure he was used as a threat in the redzone that year.
                      And how many did Gates get?? And how many times did they line up in the formation and run the ball with LT?? And what about Rivers benefitting from Jackson and Gates last year?? Guys who can get that ball in the air when in the end zone.

Again, your point we had excellent Red Zone efficiency last year is noted but you are missing the forest from the trees.

This whole discussions started with my stating Jerrah, outside of the trade, screwed up the draft ..... Sidney Rice's name was the start of the "what if" discussion when you stumbled in idiotically and started calling me names telling me Rice sucked, Doucet is better, Stanback is wonderful and Jerrah is a great GM.

And here we are. Still repeating the same crap with new details..... I unfortunately, like a Special Needs Teacher, keep trying to use deductive reasoning and neew data to help you "get it." Except you keep arguing the details without addressing the main issue.

Jerrah the GM sucks. He loves his decisions. He is not a person to reflect on his weaknesses or mistakes.

This draft will further reinforce it. Only Folk will contribute meaningfully in 2007.

The fact a Super Bowl team kept all the guys picked another reason. He luvz his guys even the 7th rounders with no shot.

At least Parcells would cut them or trade them -- Shanle, Fujita, Skyler Green and Pettiti are a few that come to mind.
                      Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 09-05-2007, 12:49 PM.

Comment

And how many did Gates get?? And how many times did they line up in the formation and run the ball with LT?? And what about Rivers benefitting from Jackson and Gates last year?? Guys who can get that ball in the air when in the end zone.

Again, your point we had excellent Red Zone efficiency last year is noted but you are missing the forest from the trees.

This whole discussions started with my stating Jerrah, outside of the trade, screwed up the draft ..... Sidney Rice's name was the start of the "what if" discussion when you stumbled in idiotically and started calling me names telling me Rice sucked, Doucet is better, Stanback is wonderful and Jerrah is a great GM.

And here we are. Still repeating the same crap with new details..... I unfortunately, like a Special Needs Teacher, keep trying to use deductive reasoning and neew data to help you "get it." Except you keep arguing the details without addressing the main issue.

Jerrah the GM sucks. He loves his decisions. He is not a person to reflect on his weaknesses or mistakes.

This draft will further reinforce it. Only Folk will contribute meaningfully in 2007.

The fact a Super Bowl team kept all the guys picked another reason. He luvz his guys even the 7th rounders with no shot.

At least Parcells would cut them or trade them -- Shanle, Fujita, Skyler Green and Pettiti are a few that come to mind.

one thing i dont think your realizing about your arguments, that is contradictive, is you say jerry falls in love with his draft picks and wont admit when he is wrong...

yet in another point you keep rambling on about how sidney rice is better then stanback, and your making this assumption off of one preseason am i not right? But maybe thats not the case, because if YOU see something you dont like in stanback he must not be able to turn into anything valuable right? and since YOU "think" sidney rice will be better because of his college yrs and one preseason, thats obviously what will happen right? those are all facts i presume, and since you KNOW thats the way things will work out, and you KNOW how players will develop before the season starts, i guess we should take u more seriously huh?

since when does someone evaluate two wr's against eachother, in their first pre season? does it not usually take at least 3 years to see the talent and development on a wr? not only that, stanback is a project wr, meaning we probably wont see him max out his potential until at least his 3rd year in the system....

so im hoping you realize how crazy that is to criticize jerry on a draft pick, and say he messed up by not taking another wr this early...they havent even played a REAL game yet, and you swear up and down that this is a FACT by you, and its the truth, and whoever doesnt acknowledge that must think the world is flat, smh...Or maybe thats your cop out once you were called out about saying our red zone offense needed help, so the only thing you could think of was to say people cant comprehend anything, or we dont believe the worlds round, smh..

you can ramble on and on about how your ideas are so thought out, and how much you back up statements by facts, but your ignorance is seeping out of every thing you post now
                        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 09-05-2007, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I unfortunately, like a Special Needs Teacher, keep trying to use deductive reasoning and neew data to help you "get it." Except you keep arguing the details without addressing the main issue.
                          another thing i notice, is that you go out of your way to be an as.shole as much as you can, instead of inputting your opinion and backing it, or just putting your opinion on the table in a respectable way...

look at the way you respond to BBD's post, then look at how you respond to majority of the people's post around here...no you dont only do that with people you have gotten into it with, you come into threads and start out talking that way, find something ignorant to say to insult someone's intelligence, and then come up with some sort of parody that you think is funny and relevant when neither of the above is needed or necessary...

if you actually tried posting with some class you wouldnt be perceived the way you do, i know your capable of it, because i watch how you quote bbd, which is probably why he doesnt have a problem with you, yet with anyone else, you come off like you know everything and if someone disagrees then they must not understand the english language

Comment

yet in another point you keep rambling on about how sidney rice is better then stanback, and your making this assumption off of one preseason am i not right?
                            No dummy, I am doing so based on College Career, many draft experts reviews and my own eyes.

But maybe thats not the case, because if YOU see something you dont like in stanback he must not be able to turn into anything valuable right?
                            I never said that. You just made something up to support your point. I have no idea whether Mr Stanback can be great. Jerrah would know more.

What I do know is spending the first pick in the Fourth was a stretch for a developmental talent who was injured and unable to have a full training camp. A complete stretch.

and since YOU "think" sidney rice will be better because of his college yrs and one preseason, thats obviously what will happen right?
                            Rather have a 25% chance of being right on a star WR in the 2nd round then a 5% chance in the 4th round. So I give Rice 4X better shot at being a star than Stanback.

Now will it happen, I dunno but comparatively I would make an even money bet on Rice over Stanback.

those are all facts i presume, and since you KNOW thats the way things will work out, and you KNOW how players will develop before the season starts, i guess we should take u more seriously huh?
                            You should take me more seriously becaue my logic is sound.

since when does someone evaluate two wr's against eachother, in their first pre season? does it not usually take at least 3 years to see the talent and development on a wr? not only that, stanback is a project wr, meaning we probably wont see him max out his potential until at least his 3rd year in the system....
                            So you are agreeing with me??????? Stanback is a 4th round long shot.

so im hoping you realize how crazy that is to criticize jerry on a draft pick, and say he messed up by not taking another wr this early...they havent even played a REAL game yet, and you swear up and down that this is a FACT by you, and its the truth, and whoever doesnt acknowledge that must think the world is flat, smh...Or maybe thats your cop out once you were called out about saying our red zone offense needed help, so the only thing you could think of was to say people cant comprehend anything, or we dont believe the worlds round, smh..
                            I am killing Jerry for the whole approach to the draft. Not one pick. Forrest from Trees GRASSHOPPER.

I was just using Red Zone as a small but powerful data point to why a Rice type player instead of Spencer and losing a 2nd Rounder was a better choice for 2007 and beyond.

you can ramble on and on about how your ideas are so thought out, and how much you back up statements by facts, but your ignorance is seeping out of every thing you post now
                            On your best day on this earth, you could not touch my groggiest, dumbest, most incoherent moment.

BTW, get rid of Ramonce TNew. He sucks.

Comment

another thing i notice, is that you go out of your way to be an as.shole as much as you can, instead of inputting your opinion and backing it, or just putting your opinion on the table in a respectable way...

look at the way you respond to BBD's post, then look at how you respond to majority of the people's post around here...no you dont only do that with people you have gotten into it with, you come into threads and start out talking that way, find something ignorant to say to insult someone's intelligence, and then come up with some sort of parody that you think is funny and relevant when neither of the above is needed or necessary...

if you actually tried posting with some class you wouldnt be perceived the way you do, i know your capable of it, because i watch how you quote bbd, which is probably why he doesnt have a problem with you, yet with anyone else, you come off like you know everything and if someone disagrees then they must not understand the english language
                              Once you get past the point of knowing that the sole reason robert is here is to puff himself up and you become numb to it, it stops bothering you.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Once you get past the point of knowing that the sole reason robert is here is to puff himself up and you become numb to it, it stops bothering you.
                                Is this the D-Unit guy who is an Administrator saying others are here to puff themselves up?

WOWZzzzzzzeeeeeeeeee, sure sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information