No announcement yet.

Week 6: Cowboys vs. Patriots Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my 2 cents....I have to say this will be our 1st loss IMO. To think we will beat a team like N.E. with a banged up or out Anthony Henry is a little much to ask. Newman isn't 100% so our secondary is going to be hard pressed to keep up with their receivers especially with Brady throwing to them. This is the team most pick to win the Super Bowl so to think we are going to beat them without being at full strength...I just don't see it. I hope I'm wrong but the way I see it going is high scoring and the only way I see us winning is by putting up at least 5 sacks and constant pressure. My pick for now is N.E. 34-24.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

[QUOTE=pocketaces;661679]
      Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post

But if it where me once again in my glory days, their RB would know enuff to go down before he approaches b/c there was not a body part I would not break, bite, naw, punch or slap if give the chance .... once spit out my piece and took off a "chunk of chin." That c*ock sucker never said a word to me after it. I was also "sorry.

HAHAHAHAHA Yeah I'm sure you were a stud!!! Just like now your the best G.M. the NFL has never heard of. Maybe with all your biting and nawing that you did on the field you should have taken up rastling. LMAO
      Actually I sucked. Too slow, shortish arms and not dedicated to the weight room.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
        Well my 2 cents....I have to say this will be our 1st loss IMO. To think we will beat a team like N.E. with a banged up or out Anthony Henry is a little much to ask. Newman isn't 100% so our secondary is going to be hard pressed to keep up with their receivers especially with Brady throwing to them. This is the team most pick to win the Super Bowl so to think we are going to beat them without being at full strength...I just don't see it. I hope I'm wrong but the way I see it going is high scoring and the only way I see us winning is by putting up at least 5 sacks and constant pressure. My pick for now is N.E. 34-24.
        You are a New England Patriots fan.

You are on the wrong board.

You need to go back to the Patriots forum.

This board is for Cowboys fans and it is obvious you are not one.

Comment

You are a New England Patriots fan.

You are on the wrong board.

You need to go back to the Patriots forum.

This board is for Cowboys fans and it is obvious you are not one.
          Just because you're a fan doesn't mean you have to be a homer. I actually kind of agree with him. It's tough for me to see us winning this one.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Does anyone else see us having alot of trouble in their 3-4 wr sets spread out, that means more db's on the field for us, that means stallworth vs reeves which makes me shudder thinking about it, and it means wes welker vs who???

I dont like the thought of that, we needed Henry for this game to have a chance to stop them through the air, this game is going to be tough, but that doesnt mean we dont have a shot....heres what we CAN do....

1. We can dominate their D line with our O line and a power running game...pound barber this game, let him get his swagger going and the crowd into the game which shouldnt be underestimated...nothing pretty about it, get our o line moving forward and create a push, have barber find the holes and wear them down, that sets the tone

2. If Romo runs alot of bootlegs to get out of the pocket, and improvises in the pocket, along with playactions will all be key(which all come from the running game getting established)...I think if tony escapes the rush and buys time he CAN pick them apart, he has the arm to do it, we have weapons all over the field, and the most that the pats have seen this year...the best they have seen has been the chargers who have no wrs to focus on, thats what spreads us out...To will have 2 guys on him, Crayton catches everything thrown everytime romo escapes the pocket, witten is, well witten, fasano will make tough catches, so it comes down to just being patient...we can move the ball on these guys, we have the personell to score points, BUT WE CANT EXPECT TO TURN THE BALL OVER AND HAVE A CHANCE

3. Get witten involved early, hell forget TO, he will have plenty of attention, witten involved early opens the middle of the field and pulls the safeties in tighter when we throw deep, witten gets romo comfortable early without stressing, and gets him into the flow of the game

4. on defense we need to get pressure, we have been saying it all year, but for goodness sakes we need to blitz like its the last play of every game, show some aggression...honestly, if brady gets all day we lose, point blank...ware will get all the attention, its up to ratliff to create a push and garner attention, and spencer must be a force, he needs to use his athleticism to make plays because ware cant do it all himself....Brady can get rid of the ball fast, alot of times it will go to Welker who we dont matchup well with, but if we frustrate brady we can force plays to happen with out playmakers(ware, newman)...brady is human, pressure and confusion presents mistakes...lets go wade, show me why we brought you in, put pressure on him and throw out the house, i want to see different looks on 3rd downs, i want to see guys moving around, guys lined up to blitz but dropping back, coverage guys coming, you have to mix it up, NE is the most prepared and disciplined team ever and thats how we have to attack...sitting back and waiting will get us imploded on

5. SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!! If we act like Ellis hobbs wont take it to the house on us were fooling ourselves, i hope we put some emphasis on it, Hall one week(which was a great return), last week was ridiculous...makes me upset Davis might not go because I like him out there, but we cant give up special teams points again...

6. Turnovers...regardless of how things go, if we lose the turnover battle we will lose, i dont see any way around it...no fumbles, picks, just be patient and discipline...we have the best punter in the league, use him whenever we can and play field position, kick the fgs when we can, and dont get careless with the football...if we dont turn the ball over we have more then a chance to win...

now in summary, it could be one of those games that, the last team with the ball wins...our offense can/should score points, i dont care what defense we play...we have every factor we need to put up points, so if we can get some turnovers on defense with pressure, we should be able to keep the heat going on offense...

this is a statement game, as much as we may not want it to be...we need to play like we want to prove something, our we hyped up, or are we a team of destiny....last year we lost close games, last week showed me something about this team, good things may be in store...everyone acts like the pats will blow out every team, this is the NFL guys, anything can happen, and there is no reason to act like with our team we dont have a shot...

but the 2 most important things are not turning the ball over, and creating pressure/confusion on D...we make those 2 things happen, we are in the game in the 4th qt, we dont, we wont be close

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
              Just because you're a fan doesn't mean you have to be a homer. I actually kind of agree with him. It's tough for me to see us winning this one.
              Well S12, I was told by the same poster that I was a Eagles fan b/c I felt that Philadelphia had a better front office than Dallas.

So,,,,,, I would suggest you speak to Pocketaces directly with respect to this style of rhetoric. It is pretty clear to me it is silly to do so and I posted that response tongue in cheek. I am just doing exactly what is done to me, including reporting "abusive" posts.

Frankly, I have no problem with folks saying we will lose. Makes you no less a fan. I also have no problem saying certain players and GMs are lousey. Makes you no less a fan.

Comment

I personally seeing this be another firefight like the Giants game, and one that will be hard for us to win. I think it could be one of the highest scoring NFL Games in recent memory and will be taking the O/U on total score.

Prediction:
                Patriots 52 Cowboys 49

If we can prevent turning over the ball, control the special teams, and dominate the time of possession I think we have a great chance of having a shot to win. I also think Roy Williams is our achil. heel in this one and will be responsible for atleast 3 TD's given up...

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com

Comment

Well S12, I was told by the same poster that I was a Eagles fan b/c I felt that Philadelphia had a better front office than Dallas.

So,,,,,, I would suggest you speak to Pocketaces directly with respect to this style of rhetoric. It is pretty clear to me it is silly to do so and I posted that response tongue in cheek. I am just doing exactly what is done to me, including reporting "abusive" posts.

Frankly, I have no problem with folks saying we will lose. Makes you no less a fan. I also have no problem saying certain players and GMs are lousey. Makes you no less a fan.

I never said you were an Eagles fan, just that I couldnt figure out how they had a better front office than us when we have "rings" and they have none.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    This is THE thread.

I was listening to Parcells talk about the game and the thing that stuck out to me was that he said, "Dallas is going to have to beat New England doing something other than what they've done, and I don't mean strategically, just meaning in philosophical approach."

That is some deep crap. If the Cowboys are to change their philosophical approach, what the heck are they going to do??? What can they do??? What will they do???
                    I suggest they spend the rest of the week at Walden Pond, thinking about the importance of nature and the beauty of the natural world. The only way we will win this week is if we learn to think like Henry David Thoreau...I mean, is there a brighter mind in the world of philosophy? If we really need to change our philosophical approach, this most certainly is the way to do it.

Comment

I definitely don't see that high of a score. Both defenses are a lot better than that. New England has been good, but people are painting things like they have been completely unstoppable all throughout games. They were shut down for nearly the entire first half against Buffalo. They weren't that great against Cleveland, and were stopped numerous times. The Jets were neck-and-neck with them for much of that game. This is a team, much like us, that has gotten fat late in games by blowing it open. The one big difference is--and I really can't believe this hasn't been brought up by any national media outlet--that the Patriots are trying their hardest to run up the score on teams. Did you see them go for it on 4th down inside the Browns 10 yard line with only like 4 or 5 minutes left in a (at the time) 10 point game? They did the same thing to San Diego, too. Compare that to us getting up by 28 on the Rams at the start of the 4th quarter, at which time we shut it down, took the air out of the ball and brought in the subs. This isn't being mentioned enough.

I like a mid 20s score for each team, and I think it will come down to a last second score. Right now I would say 28-24 the Pats, but I reserve the right to change that later on.
                      Originally posted by 21ST
                      He was protecting his self
                      Originally posted by tjsunstein
                      From what? His leg?
                      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Scratch that, New England went for it on 4th and goal from the Cleveland 4 with just 56 seconds remaining in the game. Not only that, they did a LB eligible play to Vrabel. And they don't know why people call them classless....
                        Originally posted by 21ST
                        He was protecting his self
                        Originally posted by tjsunstein
                        From what? His leg?
                        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

52 to 49...dear lord. I hope it doesnt come to that. Our defense isnt that bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            52 to 49...dear lord. I hope it doesnt come to that. Our defense isnt that bad.
                            I dont know what he was thinking...I dont think ill see the day Belichick's defense gives up that many points, and we for sure arent that bad either...

We need Barber to get the ground game going early and slow the pace of the game up, but Its not going to be a 50 point blast, im thinking 27-24

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

If a team scores over 35 pts...it's going to get ugly for the other team because they are going to become one-deminsional which is something that cannot happen against teams that can get to the passer like these two.

If the score gets high it's going to be a blow out.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                                I never said you were an Eagles fan, just that I couldnt figure out how they had a better front office than us when we have "rings" and they have none.
                                08-13-2007, 10:11 PM #113
                                pocketaces
                                Veteran

Quote:Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
                                Don't argue facts with a Cowboys fan. We are not very rationale when "defending" our team. To Pocket, Jerry Jones and Crew are better than Andy Reid and Crew. To bad not one football person outside of the Cowboys organization, or any other fair minded individual, would agree.

Originally Posted by pocketaces
                                Then go be a Eggles fan. Get out of the closet. Its time you anounce it to the world. Come on you can do it....I'm...A...Eggles...Fan...and...proud of it. There don't you feel better.

Moving along ,,,,,, Patriots are not only bush league they are a dirty team. Starting with Harrison and now the infamous Wilfork knee thing v Losman. I am sick of them and their dirty play.
                                Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 10-11-2007, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information