Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The truth about the Cowboys that people don't wanna hear...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Bradie is far from over-hyped. You have to be blind if you cannot see how well he has played this season. He is in on every tackle...he's been in the backfield a ton of times this season. He is playing much faster since dropping the weight and is just making plays all over the field. What more do you want him to do...he has been great.
    Pretty sure you just over-hyped him...

This board is so homer infested.

We just got our butts handed to us at home. Our defense couldnt stop the pats for the life of us. The secondary looked pathetic, which is the same problem we had last year.

We've played all losers this year and this was the first real team.

Time to see how we bounce back from a tough loss, and time to see how we play more real teams after the bye.

Comment

It's not Bradie's fault that we have a bunch of scrub corners who shouldnt be in there.

I'm not over-hyping him...he has been getting unwarranted bashings on here for the longest time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post

We just got our butts handed to us at home. Our defense couldnt stop the pats for the life of us. The secondary looked pathetic, which is the same problem we had last year.

Time to see how we bounce back from a tough loss, and time to see how we play more real teams after the bye.
        Tough loss indeed. But seriously, who in the league can cover that trio of wide outs? I don't think anyone can. We can't... especially without Anthony Henry. On top of that, you have Tom Brady always finding the open guys and getting them the ball so they can make plays. It was a healthy loss that brought us back down to earth. Atleast now we have some experience against the Pats and know what to expect if we meet them again.

Comment

I don't think anyone can beat the pat's twice in the same season. Maybe this loss is a blessing in that sense. For now it should be viewed as a wake up call. When your own coach says you are not an elite team, you clearly aren't.

We can only hope to get better, and hope that Henry and Newman can stay on the field at the same time. Reeves would be ok in most games as the nickle corner, but he isn't a starter.

Burnett needs to be a starter though, everytime we blitz him he gets within a half step of a sack.

Bradie and Akin are equal in my opinion. They are the same type of player and have the same skills. I'd put Burnett in there to diversify the defense and add to the capability that our defense has at the LB position. Burnett adds a whole new element that James/Akin do not provide.

We also need to hope tank johnson can equal ratliffs production at NT so we can move ratliff back to DE where he belongs.

The Ferguson injury upsets me the most, he seemed to be the D-lineman that had benefitted most from the switch. He was collapsing the pocket and getting far more pressure than canty or spears was throughout preseason and in the giants game.

I'd also like to see Pat McQ put in at LG to maul some people and show Kosier how a real lineman plays. I've been saying since day 1 that Kosier is a ***** and I always get based for being too tough. However, it is now obviously that he is the weak link.

The team we have is good and the defense has a chance to get better. We need to show it in our division games and throughout the rest of season in preperation for a SB run where we will probably meet the pats again. This was a good game for us, and a humbling one. Hopefully the team reacts like winners and not losers. I expect that BP's influence on the players will enable them to rebound from this.

Comment

If Burnett could stay healthy maybe...just maybe he would have a chance at starting of Ayodele. They both play the WILB position. But Burnett is seemingly dinged up every week. Hard to work that into a lineup.

I don't get all the Raliff hate...or moving back to DE....he is really showing his colors our there and being disruptive. Everyone was worried about us getting ran on...guess what it hasn't happened. Lets give this up already.

As much as Koiser is our weakest link on our OL...we have a top 10 OL in the NFL and I highly doubt we would start a guy who has no experience in place of a vet who is doing an average job as a blocker.

Comment

I really don't get the Bradie James hate. He's been one of the stalwarts for our D this year. I really do want to hear what the critics have to say about him, because in all honesty I do not see it. I watch the games and I'm see him making plays behind the line, laying the wood on RB, leading the team in tackles and doing everything you want from ILB aside from a few deficiencies in coverage. And all of sudden he is inadequate. And now accusations of homerism just because we defend him? Accusations made by the same guy who alluded to Carpenter being a mediocre athlete because of his race? It's absurd. So please without using words like "overhyped" and "overrated", which I find funny because if you ask anyone foreign to the cowboys team section to name 5 players from the cowboys D, Bradie probably wouldn't be on it, to critique his play this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post

ummm, I wouldnt use this game vs the Pats as a measuring stick for our secondary, Stallworth is a #1 wr on 90% of teams in the NFL, and Wes Welker is as good of a #3 as you will get anywhere, and we were short a corner....our team played solid, when we needed stops we couldnt when our D got tired, but I think you guys are taking this the wrong way...

did you expect Reeves to stop Stallworth man to man with Brady throwing the ball with time? I dont think anyone should of been expecting that, fact is, we probably have the best team in the NFC, and have enough talent to make the super bowl, once we get there, we just need to be better then the other team that day...If we had our players I can see us beating NE, but Im not expecting a miracle to happen

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I got a chance to see the Bears scouting report of the Cowboys after that game, and man I wish I could share it with you guys. Lets just say for James they were pretty much praising him this year. Bradie improved his pass coverage by dropping the weight, and lost nothing against the run. He was beastly against the Bills.

Spears has continued to be great against the run, and is getting better pressure this year, not consistent still but it is better. We have been getting good push up front, its just we don't have a guy in the front three that is more than good at pass rushing. None of our linemen are consistent rushing yet.

This team is very much set up to stop the run first. It is a VERY physical defense. Personally I think if we can get Henry and Newman on the field together it solves most of our pass protection problems. Most of the games this year they haven't been able to run the scheme they were planning on going into the year because of them being injured. Reeves played pretty good that game really, but there is no way you can expect Jones to cover any of those three WR.

People need to hold off on trying to gage the defense, until they have a chance to actually run their scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                    If Burnett could stay healthy maybe...just maybe he would have a chance at starting of Ayodele. They both play the WILB position. But Burnett is seemingly dinged up every week. Hard to work that into a lineup.

I don't get all the Raliff hate...or moving back to DE....he is really showing his colors our there and being disruptive. Everyone was worried about us getting ran on...guess what it hasn't happened. Lets give this up already.

As much as Koiser is our weakest link on our OL...we have a top 10 OL in the NFL and I highly doubt we would start a guy who has no experience in place of a vet who is doing an average job as a blocker.
                    Im not hating on ratliff, I Just want him back at DE because I think pressure from the edges will open up lanes for the linebackers to make plays. Right now we're not getting the type of pressure that we potentially could get. That's why I hope tank can equal Ratliffs production so that they can both be on the field at the same time.

Kosier is a woman though, I really seriously question his signing. I bet we could of retained Allen for around the same, if not a bit more than Kosier. He loved the boys and loved to play. I dont care if people say he had diminishing skills, he was no where near as big of a liability as kosier.

Comment

I love how if you don't completely vilify and tear down a player who isn't a Pro Bowler, then you are a homer. That is a universal thing with a certain archetype of poster on every board that I have ever been to. They paint themselves as "realists" who are the only one with the objectivity to call out under-performing players that are "overrated", but in reality, they are just looking to make names for themselves by picking out a player (and, really, the specific player is beside the point) and calling him out so that they can back up their claims of objectivity.

These types of posters are everywhere, on every board I have ever seen. And, in my ever-so-humble opinion, they are the ones that need to be called out.

Edit: that's not to say that players don't deserve to be called out. I'm just as willing as anyone to acknowledge how bad Roy has been in coverage over the last two years, and I am plenty disappointed in Spears lack of development as an interior pass rusher to date. But I think everyone knows what I'm saying and who I'm talking about primarily.
                      Last edited by DMWSackMachine; 10-16-2007, 01:50 PM.
                      Originally posted by 21ST
                      He was protecting his self
                      Originally posted by tjsunstein
                      From what? His leg?
                      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                        I really don't get the Bradie James hate. He's been one of the stalwarts for our D this year. I really do want to hear what the critics have to say about him, because in all honesty I do not see it. I watch the games and I'm see him making plays behind the line, laying the wood on RB, leading the team in tackles and doing everything you want from ILB aside from a few deficiencies in coverage. And all of sudden he is inadequate. And now accusations of homerism just because we defend him? Accusations made by the same guy who alluded to Carpenter being a mediocre athlete because of his race? It's absurd. So please without using words like "overhyped" and "overrated", which I find funny because if you ask anyone foreign to the cowboys team section to name 5 players from the cowboys D, Bradie probably wouldn't be on it, to critique his play this year.

OK here it is, James can play the run and.... James can play.... Um.... The run? Thats the problem. He is one demensional, as is Akin. Give me a complete ILB who can make plays and take away the middle of the field. Roy williams, Akin Ayodele, and Bradie James all bring great run stopping ability. Thats great, but it also doesnt get us off the field on 3rd down against the pats. They also dont get as good of pressure as someone like Burnett.

And by the way, if you disagree with my assessment of African Americans being far superior Athletes to white's, you are letting political correctness blind you. Look at every sport and see who the majority of the best players are. The reason I brought that up was to prove a point that carpenter has peaked athletically. Someone like Manny Lawson still has alot of potential to tap into. Plus i dont really care if you disagree, you can try and turn it into some racist bull, which it isnt, it's just the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                          I love how if you don't completely vilify and tear down a player who isn't a Pro Bowler, then you are a homer. That is a universal thing with a certain archetype of poster on every board that I have ever been to. They paint themselves as "realists" who are the only one with the objectivity to call out under-performing players that are "overrated", but in reality, they are just looking to make names for themselves by picking out a player (and, really, the specific player is beside the point) and calling him out so that they can back up their claims of objectivity.

These types of posters are everywhere, on every board I have ever seen. And, in my ever-so-humble opinion, they are the ones that need to be called out.

Exactly what I would expect a homer to do, turn the tide, switch it up a little, and throw it back on me. Whatever, I've got my opinions and I know alot of people agree with me. I get PM's telling me to keep it up from fellow cowboy fans who dont want to speak out on the board. Im not trying to make a name for myself, Im trying to ground the unwarranted optimisim on this board.

edit: for the record this is the first and only board I've ever been a part of and Ive kept the same views and critical analysis style that I use now. I dont care about board rep and stupid **** like that, I love the cowboys and Im here to talk cowboys. Im putting out opinions that alot of people dont agree with, but so what? How lame would this board be if one person expressed something and everyone came on and said "yes, I agree"

I bring a different perspective to the board and in no way can my views be proven wrong (at least not yet). Maybe ill tone it down and swallow some pride when someone can prove to me that I am wrong. On carp, you're gonna have to wait until he starts. On James, He is what he is -- a run stopper. Prove me wrong and ill except it.
                          Last edited by Burns336; 10-16-2007, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Sure, I agree with that, but there are exceptions. Otherwise, how would you explain Brian Urlacher being the best AND most athletic ILB in the game? Or the same for Tony G from 99-04 as a TE? Carpenter is still the best combination of size, speed and natural football ability of all the pure-LBs on the team.
                            From what? His leg?

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                              Sure, I agree with that, but there are exceptions. Otherwise, how would you explain Brian Urlacher being the best AND most athletic ILB in the game? Or the same for Tony G from 99-04 as a TE? Carpenter is still the best combination of size, speed and natural football ability of all the pure-LBs on the team.
                              Those guy's are exceptions to the rule, but yes they are great players. I see where you are going with this, but come on DMW, we know carp isn't of that caliber, at least I do. Like I've said before, you guy's can keep telling me that he's well rounded and the best blend and blah blah, but i just dont see it. I understand that everyone on here loves him and wants him to pan out, believe me I wish he and Burnett would provide an upgrade over our ILB's. If carp could translate all of things you guys say he is onto the field, he and Burnett would be awesome. But just because he has all of that stuff doesnt mean it will happen.

Marcus spears is my example. Great physical gifts and a highly touted coming out, but he just can't translate that onto the field. I dont know if it's too much pressure for these guys or what, but I just see carp following in Spears steps.

Edit: not to mention Spears has had a starting position since he has been on the team, Imagine the sort of pressure and insecurities that must flow through carps head. A first round draft pick who was bounced back and forth numerous times and now sits 4th on the depth chart? He's more than likely going to suffer from the Joey Harrington syndrome (I suck now that I'm going to try so hard and put so much pressure on myself that I actually end up sucking more than I ever imagined)

At this point I just dont see him making great strides with the way his opportunities have already been stunted.
                              Last edited by Burns336; 10-16-2007, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Uh, last I checked Marcus Spears was dominating the line of scrimmage against the run, so I don't know what that's supposed to mean, unless it's solely referring to his lack of dynamic pass-rush ability, which is a valid point, but does not qualify as "can't translate to the field".

And while Carpenter is not in the elite class of Urlacher, Hawk, or a young Dan Morgan, he is certainly in the next tier down. This is an example of what I'm talking about. Carpenter is a good young prospect who just hasn't gotten the necessary PT to develop. We saw toward the end of last season how he responded when he got regular game reps at a single position, and his instincts and natural ability began to show. Whether that means future success here or not is unclear. However, it also counters the assertion that he is a bust or that he does not have the physical ability necessary.

Plus, my trump card in this situation is Bill Parcells. To me, his track record as a talent evaluator is irrefutable, and he went out of his way--for a guy that was always grudging with his praise--to point out Carpenter's excellent physical tools. Combine that with my own personal observations, and there is plenty to support my belief in his ability.
                                From what? His leg?

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information