Declaration Thread Part II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declaration Thread Part II

It was fun the last time. This time should be fun again. We'll review this at the end of the regular season. Creating this again so we don't have to dig through pages of stuff.

The Cowboys lose to GB in the playoffs :)

Fun Fact!
    Favre grew up a Cowboys fan
    Romo grew up a Packers fan

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

We make it to the superbowl and beat the Colts....

Burnett gets more involved on 1st and 2nd down

Nick Folk converts 95% of his field goals -- Not much of a stretch

Roy Williams makes it through his second consecutive season without a bone jarring hit (please prove me wrong)

Marion Barber gets a 2-1 ratio of carries in the final 4 games and throughout the playoffs

Carp and Spears dont play up to their draft positions (although carp cannot be blamed for this until next year)

Romo has 1 or 2 more shakey games but proves to be a great quarterback who isnt phased by pressure and gets it done when it counts.

Julius Jones is released at the end of the season and we find his backup in the second or third round of the draft.

we aquire our future CB, DE in the first round of the draft.

We beat GB durring the regular year and they lose in the first round of the playoffs. Favre's magic runs out

Comment

I would like to add that there is one of these from the start of the season too...so I'll just link it here...
        "Your Points" thread

Here is my thoughts from the beginning of the season.
        Dallas Cowboys 2007

9-7 winner of NFC East
        Roy Williams leads team in TFL
        Ware leads team in sacks
        Ken Hamlin leads team in INT's
        Bradie James leads team in tackles

Tony Romo breaks the Dallas Cowboys franchise passing yard record
        TO leads the team in receptions
        Jason Witten leads the team in 20+yard catches
        JJ and MB3 contribute for over 2000 yards combined
        Fasano is our most improved player.

We take our exit sometime after the first round in the playoffs...but thats a big hump for us.

Offseason.

We like what we see in MB3...JJ who was Parcells horse is shown the door. He was productive but Wade has different plans.

Ken Hamlin is resigned and had one hell of a year for us.
        Romo's deal is worked out around week 10.
        Crayton shown the door? I don't see it but would like to see it happen.

FA looks to be dull this year probably just a few middle of the line players.

Draft
        We will go defense early. Look for like a Calis Campbell or Chris Long or w/e CB steps up.
        Prob go best offensive skill position with our later first. I'm still hoping for our small shifty guy.
        After this is a crap shoot....probably DE/interior OL/NT/CB wherever we didn't go round one.
        I still believe most of this...after all it was only about a month and a half ago.

What has changed tho....
        -Romo's deal will be taken care of after the playoffs.
        -I'll buy 10-6 now instead of 9-7...I had us at 4-2 here...We have some tough road games coming up which will take it's toll.
        -Hamlin isn't getting the INT numbers I though but then again he is basically just sitting back and not getting beat, i'll still buy him getting a new deal with us though.

Draft
        -My draft thoughts have changed...with the emergence of Bowen, Ellis coming back strong, Hatcher turning it up a notch...DE is no longer a position of need anymore. I'm still a big Chris Long fan...but someone would have to go to bring him in.
        -We will take a CB round one. This is a great draft for CB's esspecially in the mid first to mid second round range.
        -We will either move up in the first round with our early pick or back with our second pick in the 1st round. At this point in time I really could see our early 1st and 2nd to move up and moving back with our late first..but that is pretty bold this early on...I'll reserve this till after FA.
        -As for what we'll address through the first day of the draft here are my positions. RB/CB/Interior OL/outside shot at a shifty WR.
        -My last prediction has to do with the Browns. If the browns pick turns out not to be a top 15 pick we will resign Julius Jones. Did I really just say that...Yah, and I'm not crazy either...going into week 7 JJ has had more yards than MB3 in the last three games. He also is running with a purpose. I don't think very many people see this one this early on...we'll see if I'm the almighty thule or just a tool :P

Comment

I just had a vision...

Tank Johnson is going to be a near Pro Bowl caliber NT for us. Scratch the need for NT in the draft and FA. We got our guy.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            I just had a vision...

Tank Johnson is going to be a near Pro Bowl caliber NT for us. Scratch the need for NT in the draft and FA. We got our guy.
            Lets hope your right, that would allow us to have him and ratliff in the game at the same time, which should create a better passrush from the Dline.

maybe Jerry should shoot a 2nd or 3rd over to tennessee and try to get us Pacman

Comment

I just had a vision...

Just think if we still had Fergy. We could have Tank come in and rest him on the regular defense and have a fresh Tank and Ratliff on the nickel.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                Lets hope your right, that would allow us to have him and ratliff in the game at the same time, which should create a better passrush from the Dline.

maybe Jerry should shoot a 2nd or 3rd over to tennessee and try to get us Pacman
                One hell of a locker room eh?

Comment

The Cowboys will not have top 16 pick in the draft without trading.

Comment

We will go 12-4 (at worst) and win the NFC.

We will rack up 50 sacks for the year.

Romo will be named NFC player of the year.

We will draft a corner in the first round.

After being banned for the umpteenth time a new poster will appear.

We will resign Crayton.

We will sweep the Eagles.

T.O. will not have a blowup.
                    Last edited by pocketaces; 10-25-2007, 07:06 PM.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                      The Cowboys will not have top 16 pick in the draft without trading.
                      OK we get it, Anderson is playing great, he's better then Romo, you guys are good and arent picking in the top 5 anymore, did i miss anything ?

You dont have to mention that in every thread that mentions a Cowboy draft, its not really that huge where its at, a first rd pick is still a first rd pick, looking at where we took Ware at, ill take a mid first rd pick anyday and be happy that we still have another late pick

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Sometime during this bye-week a miracle will occur and all of our problems will be solved.

Roy will start covering like Ed Reed
                        Anthony Spencer will morph into Lawrence Taylor
                        Marcus Spears will star playing at an all pro calibur
                        Julius jones will turn into his rookie self
                        And get this, Flozell will go the rest of the season without a false start. LOL

But in all seriousness Im expecting a BIG improvement after this bye week cuz everyones getting a chance to evaluate themselves on film so maybe we can realize and fix most of our problems.

And im expecting nothing short of a Super Bowl this season

Comment

Flozell Adams will not be resigned.

Comment

Flozell Adams will not be resigned.

I've thought about this and I think they will make him an offer. I think however he will be offered more out on the market. I don't think he will be back, but not because we don't offer.

I think we offer something like 3 years 10 million.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

The Cowboys will win next year's SB.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information