Keys to Beating the Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    I'd love to know what Dallas' record is in Philly, specifically in the last 15 to 20 years.
    From 1960 to 1979 the Cowboys are up 11 to 8
    From 1980 to 1999 the Cowboys are up 10 to 9
    From 2000 to 2006 the Cowboys are down 1 to 6 (only win in 2005)

All time, were 22 to 23 playing at Philly

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com

Comment

Just for the record...I highly doubt we see the same gameplan we used against Minnesota. First of all we were at home...Second of all we were playing a cover 2 team and were forced to dink and dunk until romo got outside of the pocket.

In this game it will be about exploiting the blitz on offense. Once again we are playing a team that is weak in the middle. Another thing to look at is will Dawkins be back...He has stated his frustration with not playing so if he gets on the field it will help that eagles defense. But crossing routes and deep routes are going to score us these points. Don't expect Romo to be as efficient percentage wise this week...we will be going down the field more than average against an attacking defense. It's safe to say we will put up 30 pts imo.

On the other side of the ball it's basically spy westbrook with Roy. We did it against Adrian Peterson last week after the first drive and it was effective. After rewatching the game I noticed that we brought Roy up after the first drive and MN wasn't able to run the rest of the game....Roy was a huge reason for our defensive dominance last week and he'll be a big reason this week too. So look for a lot nickel/dime looks. We will use Ware/Ellis/Spencer quite a bit this week....looking for Ellis to slide in more than usual this week. Ware should be disruptive this game....our containment has been great this year so I'm not worried about the perimeter really either. Basically get consistent pressure and we'll be fine.

Comment

I would LOVE to see Roy attempt to cover Westbrook out of the backfield. In the screen game, that would probably work well, but on swing passes and other routes, he has no prayer. I think you're almost better off using Ware than Roy.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

For what it is worth,

1) If there is a game where WP Scheme should make a difference with the "Pass Rush" it should be this one. If we get sacks we should win

2) Roy as a LB spying Westbrook is not a bad situation in passing downs. He runs well side to side and when the ball is in front of him plays ok.

3) Roy as a SS in any capacity ........ ug. Repeat last year.

4) Let us see how Romo plays ..... ball security is key versus Eagles. We secure the ball and get sacks -- we win comfortably

Comment

I would go on record sayind ad in space is just as dangerous as westbrook in space. Like rob said roy is just fine moving forward its when that ball is high in the air he seems to take bad angles.

Comment

There is no way that Roy is going to keep up with Westbrook in space in any capacity. You can't possibly believe that AD and Westbrook are comparable at this time as receivers.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                There is no way that Roy is going to keep up with Westbrook in space in any capacity. You can't possibly believe that AD and Westbrook are comparable at this time as receivers.
                Westbrook may have the more shift approach...but AD leads all players in 40+ plays from the LOS. While I think Westbrook is quite crafty out in space I don't think it is as big of gap from the receiving standpoint as we are lead to believe.

Comment

That is mildly irrelevant. AD has one of the best OLines and one of the best offensive minds in the game working with him. He is also more physically gifted than Westbrook in terms of his size and strength.

However, Westbrook has probably the best acceleration of anyone at RB in the NFL and more elusiveness. How else could he rack up the stats he has this year with a hobbled McNabb and limited WR options. He gets spied and doubled by everyone and still dominates games.

Comment

Im surprised at how so many of you are sleeping on the Eagles. They will not be an easy out at all. Especially at the Linc. And Weapon X will be back. We all know he's the anchor that holds that defense together. Its no surprise that their defense wasn't the same without him.

Not sure if Lito will play though.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Im surprised at how so many of you are sleeping on the Eagles. They will not be an easy out at all. Especially at the Linc. And Weapon X will be back. We all know he's the anchor that holds that defense together. Its no surprise that their defense wasn't the same without him.

I know is not that easy, but the Eagles problem is on offense not on defense. By the way, I am one of Northeast Cowboys fan.

Comment

nrc, if you have an unfortunate parent who taught you to root for the Cowboys, that's fine. Otherwise, you have lost a lot of respect from me.

Comment

The Eagles will need to score at least 24 points to win this game. Against the aggressive and talented Dallas D, I'm not sure how possible it is...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Last I heard Dawkins was only going to see about 50% of the defensive snaps.

Staying on the injury conversation...it looks like Anthony Henry will see his first action since spraining his ankle 4 weeks ago. He won't play alot but will see time in the dime defensive packages...(which dallas actually tends to use more than the nickel)

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              The Eagles will need to score at least 24 points to win this game. Against the aggressive and talented Dallas D, I'm not sure how possible it is...
                              Well maybe some timely injuries can happen before the game...I got a good chuckle at this comment...

And if you think Philly folks are bad for a noon game, just imagine how crazy they can get when they have all day to get "good and liquored up," as T.O. put it.

Comment

Originally posted by nrcirc View Post
                                I know is not that easy, but the Eagles problem is on offense not on defense. By the way, I am one of Northeast Cowboys fan.
                                Why brother...whyd you do it? lol j/p

no offense, just most cowboy fans ive come across in real life remind me an awful lot like yankee fans. and thats not a good thing.

but thats just over here, and of course it doesn't speak for everyone. so i won't stereotype all of ya. just most ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information