No announcement yet.

Cowboys Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is mine. Not written out like THule's which is great might I add.

1) Aaron Ross, CB, Texas-Physical Corner who can play man to man or play zone very well, plus he can return punts.
    2) Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina-Future #1 paired with Crayton for years to come.
    3) Doug Free, OT, Northern Illinois-Great Player who can get the job done.
    4) Antonio Johnson, DT, Mississippi State-I have liked him since their first game against SC, he has a great motor and chases the play from behind.
    5) Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska-Physical freak who can give pressure around the edge.
    6) Nathan Bennett, OG, Clemson-Depth Guy
    7A) Kevin Payne, S, Louisian Monroe-Har Hitter who gives a lot of effort
    7B) RaMonce Taylor, ATH, Texas-Can play anywhere and could be a practice squad guy if nothing else.
    7C) Drew Tate, QB, Iowa-Very Underrated and is worth the pick, could develop into a solid backup.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

You love Texas guys don't you? No way we pick Ross. First of all, he is old, second of all, we don't need a CB, and third of all, he isn't very good. If we pick a texas guy it should be a trade down and pick either Blalock or Griffin.

Comment

1. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
        2. Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii
        3. Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
        4. John Beck, QB, BYU
        5. Stanley Doughty, NT, SC
        6. Jacob Ford, OLB, Central Arkansas
        6. Jake Kuresa, G, BYU
        7. Andrew Carnahan, OT, Arizona St
        7. IDC
        7. IDC

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
          You love Texas guys don't you? No way we pick Ross. First of all, he is old, second of all, we don't need a CB, and third of all, he isn't very good. If we pick a texas guy it should be a trade down and pick either Blalock or Griffin.
          I guess he didn't win the thorpe award this year for best corner in the country. But I guess you know more then everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
            - Terence Newman was "old" too
            - We do need a CB. Evene if Henry stays at CB is gonna be 32, and Glenn will not be back with the team in 2008. So we need depth and someone who can replace one of our starters if he go down due to injuries
            - He kinda win the award for the top DB in college football last year.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Love the Bazuin pick Thule. I think that is gonna happen probably 3rd or 4th round.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
              Albert Camus

Comment

1st) Reggie Nelson, S
                2nd) Anthony Gonzales, WR
                3rd) Dan Bazuin, DE/OLB
                4th) Manuel Ramirez, G
                5th) Paul Soliai, DT
                6th) Travarous Bain, CB
                6th) Stephon Heyer, T
                7th) Tony Collins, Dt
                7th) BPA
                7th) BPA

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                Albert Camus

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
                  - Terence Newman was "old" too
                  - We do need a CB. Evene if Henry stays at CB is gonna be 32, and Glenn will not be back with the team in 2008. So we need depth and someone who can replace one of our starters if he go down due to injuries
                  - He kinda win the award for the top DB in college football last year.
                  We got lucky with Newman, I don't want an old guy again.

Comment

Originally posted by thule
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TNewFan41
                    I guess he didn't win the thorpe award this year for best corner in the country. But I guess you know more then everyone else.
                    you didn't know that TNew is the ulimate Cowboys master?!?!?! Shame on you thule!

Comment

i just like the safety pick first rd whoever it is, i feel like that was the position we needed to adress the most outside of o line, and we picked up some lineman

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Newbies... take a lesson from thule. Now there is a mock draft post from an NFLDC Cowboys fan pioneer. That's how we used to roll. That's what made coming to the Cowboys thread so golden in the past. That's what made us family. Too many of you guys lack the same passion. Simply listing a mock and expecting any credability or thoughtful response back is hogwash. Thule has thoughtfully put together a mock that he believes in and should he hit on a few, he builds his reputability. The rest of you are forgetful.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac076 View Post
                          you didn't know that TNew is the ulimate Cowboys master?!?!?! Shame on you thule!
                          Thorpe Award Shope award, It close to nothing. It is just like the heisman. Troy Smith isn't even CLOSE to the best player in college football, yet he won it.

Anyway, the Thorpe Award is best DB, not CB. And LaRon Landy, Reggie Nelson, Chris Houston, Leon Hall, and Darrell Revis are all better, to name a few.

Comment

Fine, here is a quality mock:

Round 1- Reggie Nelson, Safety, University of Florida

Nelson fits our biggest, and pretty much only need. He is a ball-hawking, agressive centerfielder, who would look absolutely terrific next to Roy Williams. This kid has the potential and talent to be the next Ed Reed. He is alittle skinny, but he can easily bulk up with an NFL Trainer. Although, he is not afraid to lay the wood at all. He only has 1 1/2 years of D1 experience because he was a Juco transfer, but he is definitly worth this pick anyway.

Round 2- DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, NT, N.C. State

We finally get our future NT. For his size, he also has above average quickness and athletisicm. As Fergy is getting older, you can tell we need someone to spell him, and a future replacement. Tank can definitly be that guy. He can turn out to be a great player, he just needs to stay focused.

Round 3- Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech

We add some quality depth to O-Line with this pick. Will be a future starter, and possible pro-bowler. He is in the mold of a Larry Allen. Not saying he will be as good, but e is definitly in the mold of him. He can bench 550 pounds, a texas tech school record. He will need some time to adjust because he played in Mike Leech's crazy 3 foot split passing offense at texas tech, but once he does, it will be worth it.

Round 4- Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennesee

I really liek this kid. We may be lucky to get him here, because he may very well be gone. He is fast, strong, and very agressive. He is one of the most underrated prospects in this draft IMO. He could be a great #2 CB, if not a solid #1 some time down the road. Could step in and be our #3 if Aaron Glenn retires or suddenly hits a wall.

What do you guys think?

Comment

I actually have to say that I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Newbies... take a lesson from thule. Now there is a mock draft post from an NFLDC Cowboys fan pioneer. That's how we used to roll. That's what made coming to the Cowboys thread so golden in the past. That's what made us family. Too many of you guys lack the same passion. Simply listing a mock and expecting any credability or thoughtful response back is hogwash. Thule has thoughtfully put together a mock that he believes in and should he hit on a few, he builds his reputability. The rest of you are forgetful.
                                thule is still posting like he's hungry, even though he really doesn't have to. He could just post those names without explaining, but he still wants to have some pride. Some of you new guys are posting like you draw water around here, and you don't. Everyone take notes when thule posts, he's doing it right.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information