X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
    Fine, here is a quality mock:

Round 1- Reggie Nelson, Safety, University of Florida

Nelson fits our biggest, and pretty much only need. He is a ball-hawking, agressive centerfielder, who would look absolutely terrific next to Roy Williams. This kid has the potential and talent to be the next Ed Reed. He is alittle skinny, but he can easily bulk up with an NFL Trainer. Although, he is not afraid to lay the wood at all. He only has 1 1/2 years of D1 experience because he was a Juco transfer, but he is definitly worth this pick anyway.

Round 2- DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, NT, N.C. State

We finally get our future NT. For his size, he also has above average quickness and athletisicm. As Fergy is getting older, you can tell we need someone to spell him, and a future replacement. Tank can definitly be that guy. He can turn out to be a great player, he just needs to stay focused.

Round 3- Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech

We add some quality depth to O-Line with this pick. Will be a future starter, and possible pro-bowler. He is in the mold of a Larry Allen. Not saying he will be as good, but e is definitly in the mold of him. He can bench 550 pounds, a texas tech school record. He will need some time to adjust because he played in Mike Leech's crazy 3 foot split passing offense at texas tech, but once he does, it will be worth it.

Round 4- Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennesee

I really liek this kid. We may be lucky to get him here, because he may very well be gone. He is fast, strong, and very agressive. He is one of the most underrated prospects in this draft IMO. He could be a great #2 CB, if not a solid #1 some time down the road. Could step in and be our #3 if Aaron Glenn retires or suddenly hits a wall.

What do you guys think?

I sure would like to see a WR somewhere in the 3rd or 4th. Allison or Higgins would suit me nicely.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
      I actually have to say that I like it.
      Why thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Newbies... take a lesson from thule. Now there is a mock draft post from an NFLDC Cowboys fan pioneer. That's how we used to roll. That's what made coming to the Cowboys thread so golden in the past. That's what made us family. Too many of you guys lack the same passion. Simply listing a mock and expecting any credability or thoughtful response back is hogwash. Thule has thoughtfully put together a mock that he believes in and should he hit on a few, he builds his reputability. The rest of you are forgetful.
        Don't denigrate other folks work simply because you feel they haven't put any effort into it. That's a little silly to me.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
        Albert Camus

Comment

Originally posted by Poet3334 View Post
          Don't denigrate other folks work simply because you feel they haven't put any effort into it. That's a little silly to me.
          Eh.. You reap what you sow.

I'll remember what thule posted. Did you post anything yet?

Comment

Eh.. You reap what you sow.

I'll remember what thule posted. Did you post anything yet?
            HA. I don't think I need you to remember anything I do. I don't think it's that deep. To each his own.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
            Albert Camus

Comment

D, lets see your full mock, with in depth analysis.

Comment

D, lets see your full mock, with in depth analysis.
                *grabs popcorn*

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac076 View Post
                  *grabs popcorn*
                  And some beer.

Comment

You love Texas guys don't you? No way we pick Ross. First of all, he is old, second of all, we don't need a CB, and third of all, he isn't very good. If we pick a texas guy it should be a trade down and pick either Blalock or Griffin.
                    WTF? I picked one Texas guy and that means I love Texas guys when im a Hurricane fan? It is our best draft in my eyes. Ross is old? WTF does that have to do with it? Newman was old and was the #5 pick learn what you are talking about before you just say it was a bad mock

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

Newbies... take a lesson from thule. Now there is a mock draft post from an NFLDC Cowboys fan pioneer. That's how we used to roll. That's what made coming to the Cowboys thread so golden in the past. That's what made us family. Too many of you guys lack the same passion. Simply listing a mock and expecting any credability or thoughtful response back is hogwash. Thule has thoughtfully put together a mock that he believes in and should he hit on a few, he builds his reputability. The rest of you are forgetful.
                      Fine, fine. I've got time now, anyway.

1. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU

I think with the team high on Watkins as our future for FS, I think we look toward the future. Also, with BP out, Jones will be back in power with the draft. All this being said, we'll look toward WR with this first pick. We're currently searching for that future #1, so why not go with the guy that's almost exactly like TO without the attitude. He's big, physical, and plays tough. Bowe gives us a #3 immediately with the (expected) loss of Patrick Crayton. Then, in several years, Bowe can take over as our #1. Once again, this is not a FS because of the teams hopes for Watkins.

2. Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii

Upon losing Kenyon Coleman, a bit more depth and rotation may be needed at DE. The biggest need is a good pass rusher at that position. Alama-Francis can rush the passer quite well as a 3-4 DE. I like the comparison to Luis Castillo here, and I think with Wade Phillips' coaching we could come up with a player somewhat like him. Some may say that this is not a round 2 need, but I dissagree. I still think depth on the defensive line is an issue even with Jason Hatcher and Jay Ratliff on board. This is good value in the 2nd, and he'll be a solid rotational player that'll be able to improve the defense quite quickly.

3. Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee

CB is seen by most of us as a big need as Henry is 32 and and Glenn is 34 a future #3 and possibly #2 is needed. Wade fits the bill perfectly. He's a raqw player who could use some developmental time, and that's exactly what he'll get here. His physical tools are just about perfect. He's silky smooth and plays with intensity and speed. I think that with his potential and some good coaching and time, he could be the future #2 here. I consider this a huge steal in the 3rd as he could turn out to be one hell of a player.

4. John Beck, QB, BYU

Beck is in my opinion one of the best QBs in this draft. He'sthe perfect backup to Romo as they share many of the same atributes. He's got a strong arm, great accuracy, a quick release and a gamer mentality. The only negative I see is his age, 26. But still, I believe he could one day be a starter in the league and if he's there in the 4th, he's problably the best player on the board.

5. Stanley Doughty, NT, SC

I didn't see much of SC this year, so my opinion may not be exactly concrete. He most definately has the size and he's stout at the point from what I saw. He is a bit of a risk because he has some problems with work ethic and off the field problems, though I don't see it as a huge problem. I'm intruiged by him but I didn't have the opportunity to see him much.

6. Jacob Ford, OLB, Central Arkansas

Saw him only once so my knowledge is very limited. From what I saw, he has the agility and speed as well as the pass rushing talents to play OLB in the 3-4. This fills a need for a situational pass-rusher when Ellis is gone.

6. Jake Kuresa, G, BYU

Simply a depth pick here. Kuresa is a mountain of a man and he switched from D-line to O-line in his sophomore (I believe) season. He had a good college career and he should be a solid backup, though he doesn't have tons of potential and he isn't going to turn out to be a starter any time son, though it helps our depth on the line.

7. Andrew Carnahan, OT, Arizona St

Once again, just a depth pick on the line. Carnahan is, like Kuresa, a smart, experienced player that doesn't have tons of potential, but will most likely turn out to be an adiquate backup at best. Nothing special in late rounds.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Staubach, I'm just wondering how you expect to lose Patrick Crayton when he's already been tendered at the 2nd round level. Do you really think someone will give us a 2 for him? Wes Welker was an aberration; I don't think it will happen with Crayton too, especially considering the fact that he's not a premier kick and punt returner.

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
                          Staubach, I'm just wondering how you expect to lose Patrick Crayton when he's already been tendered at the 2nd round level. Do you really think someone will give us a 2 for him? Wes Welker was an aberration; I don't think it will happen with Crayton too, especially considering the fact that he's not a premier kick and punt returner.
                          Crayton is the best WR on dallas(yeah, I said it)..If he goes, I may cry....

Comment

Ok just for fun. This probably won't be very realistic in terms of value.

1. Leon Hall--This selection obviously assumes Anthony Henry's move to free safety. Hall, I believe, is the most NFL-ready cornerback in the entire draft, and possibly the only one I would feel comfortable starting opposite Newman in Week One. Hall's size allows him to play physically at the line of scrimmage, a trait that Wade Phillips loves in defensive backs. Furthermore, he has the recovery speed to catch up if he gets beat.

2. Demarcus "Tank" Tyler--The only nose tackle in the draft with the ability to take over in case Jason Ferguson goes down with an injury (outside of Alan Branch). Tyler has the size and ability to play the nose, but concentration has been a problem in the past. With Wade Phillips working to keep him focused, Tyler can become a dominating space-eater in the interior of the Dallas line.

3. Josh Beekman--A good value in the third round (where he'll hardly last too), and a player with the ability to be a solid starter in a couple of years. In the meantime, however, he can provide quality depth along the interior of the offensive line and certainly provide insurance in case either Davis or Kosier goes down, or if Davis doesn't live up to his billing (or contract).

4. Brian Robinson--A defensive end convert who can play the role of pass-rushing linebacker if Greg Ellis does not return full-strength. Certainly a guy with a lot of potential at the position if he can make the transition, and will, at the very least, provide valuable insurance in case Ellis is not healthy for this season.

Just for fun, here's how I'd draft, if I were selecting BPA for the first two rounds, based on Scott's last (somewhat outdated) mock:

22. Patrick Willis
                            53. Eric Weddle

Comment

check out my r.1 mock...most of you wont like it but the truth is its a big possibility we get a player of this position if nelson is gone http://mtmock.blogspot.com/

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
                                WTF? I picked one Texas guy and that means I love Texas guys when im a Hurricane fan? It is our best draft in my eyes. Ross is old? WTF does that have to do with it? Newman was old and was the #5 pick learn what you are talking about before you just say it was a bad mock
                                Did I not say We got lucky with Newman?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information