DeAngelo Hall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jdallas View Post
    Hall is not an elite corner. That's a myth that was created by a couple of good games in a decent season with an outstanding pass rush. Pacman is actually a very good corner I would say he is better than Hall and also has more potential.

That being said I wouldn't be very excited about either one coming here. I would be willing to take a look at Pacman if he comes really cheap, but I wouldn't risk investing much in him.

Hall is only 24, so its not a bad thing that he's not an elite corner yet, but everyone knows he's well on his way, he's better then Newman was at this age, seeing as how he was just barely coming out of college, but his coverage skills are further along then Newman at this point and you can only believe hes going to get better in years to come...Champ didnt get the label "shut down" until as of recently, that term wasnt getting thrown around when he was in washington, it comes with time...When Hall is 26/27 he will probably be there, he has the potential and thats what people get excited over.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I want Pacman. Cheaper, better and he wants to be here.
      how can someone be better that can't even get on the field?

Comment

[QUOTE=DallCowby1;933015]Trading for a CB seems most likely to happen on draft day. This is based on the Top CB's being off the board.

As for Pacman, he cannot be traded until he is reinstated by the league. That won't happen until July (maybe)!
        Dallas cannot wait to see IF he will be reinstated & then see if the Titans wil

Thats not true....A suspended player can be traded like any other player under contract. (The team is trading the contract, in essence.) The trading period for this year begins on Friday, league spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e-mail.

Heres a link.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/ne...iewStory=58963

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Hall is not an elite corner. That's a myth that was created by a couple of good games in a decent season with an outstanding pass rush. Pacman is actually a very good corner I would say he is better than Hall and also has more potential.

That being said I wouldn't be very excited about either one coming here. I would be willing to take a look at Pacman if he comes really cheap, but I wouldn't risk investing much in him.
          If Hall isnt elite, he is very close. His past season was very damn good. He gave up 1 TD, to Joey Galloway. If the Cowboys play alot of man to man (which I think they do...) he would be a great fit, especially with Newman.

I think if Newman and Hall can team up together, the Cowboys defense is going to be exponentially better. R. Williams wouldnt even be asked to cover with Hall and Newman locking up WRs all day. That defense gives me the shivers.

I think one of the first round picks + Henry is very reasonable. You will be getting a rookie aged Pro Bowl CB while getting rid of the problem of having Henry playing nickel, which he wouldnt want to do.

I am sure theres a way you can fit him under the cap. He would love to play with the Cowboys.
          Last edited by d34ng3l021; 03-04-2008, 09:00 PM.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I would be very much against bringing Hall in. He's not an upgrade over Henry in my opinion. And he would cause way too much trouble and cost way to much to be a 3rd corner with no guarantee of him coming back once his contract is up.
            Seriously? Not an upgrade over Anthony Henry? Get real.

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            I want Pacman. Cheaper, better and he wants to be here.
            Cheaper yes, better.. no.

Hall is elite, but I would like to know where is this outstanding pass rush coming from? I'd wish we had an outstanding pass rush, but we don't. Our defensive tackles got maybe 5 sacks, our LE got 0 and John Abraham our lone pass rusher got 10. So please elighten me on our amazing pass rush. If you are talking about the year before this you are even more incorrect becuase Abraham was injured most of the season.

Comment

I agree on what someone said that this might be a draft day trade..
              If the cowboys see that they're not gonna land one of the top 3 cb's which
              i'm sure they're in love with, i can see them packaging a first or henry and
              some picks for Hall, which IMO, would be a great move.
              BUT, i would NOT pass on McKelvin or DRC.
              Those players are gonna be waay way cheaper for about 5 years
              and they're not gonna be thrown to the lions with a meat necklace,
              as pat knight would say.

In the end, i'd love to see MeAngelo in a cowboys uniform,
              but it would sure piss me off if he threw hissy fits
              every game and cost us 15 yarders..

Comment

I am with the Atlanta fans on this one, Hall had a pretty damn good year, with hardly anybody around him helping out. Sure the year before he didn't have a good season, but I don't see how anybody could say he was anything but great this year.

Comment

Hall is not even close to being an elite corner. He is greatly overrated by the media.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

Hall is not even close to being an elite corner. He is greatly overrated by the media.
                    With all the evidence you provide, its pretty hard to say otherwise.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Whose close then? Id like to know what corners you think are elite, and which guys are "close", so I can know who all is better then Hall.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I share these sentiments. Hall is a big talker, but his game doesn't match his mouth.

Comment

If this was true, he would have made the Pro-Bowl this year. No media hyped him up to get it. He was portrayed as the cocky villain if you will. But, I've watched DeAngelo Hall the entire season. He is an elite corner. I've still yet to see what you have to prove anything different. You can bring up 06, but he was very good in 05 and solidified being an elite corner this year.

Comment

Jdallas...lots of things changed while you were gone...not sure how much you got to watch when you were gone...but Hall changed dramatically from 06-07

Comment

Other than calling out his douche coach last season...nothing comes to mind about what he has said. I cant remember him coming out and talking trash or whatnot.

As soon as Zimmer's man to man scheme was implemented he began to back his previous talk with his play on the field. If a man to man scheme stays, I see no reason for him to have success again and establish him as a top flight CB among everyones eyes.

Comment

Reasons not to sign Hall courtesy DMN Blog.

1) He's not very good. Yeah, he's been to Hawaii a couple times, but that's because he's way overrated. (Hmmm ... that might mean he'd fit in well with the Cowboys' secondary.) If you don't believe me, read what ESPN.com's KC Joyner wrote when he included Hall on his list of overrated players before last season.

This is the second consecutive season Hall makes this list. He receives this honor because he once again made the Pro Bowl, despite posting simply abysmal metrics.
                                His 9.2 YPA ranked 76th among cornerbacks. Hall's 47.1 success percentage was solid (31st in the league), but his 17.9 missed pass percentage was one of the highest in the league. That means a large percentage of Hall's success was due to luck.

2) He wants a ginormous contract, and his current deal expires after next season. So does Terence Newman's deal. It doesn't make sense to pay Nate Clements-like money to two cornerbacks. Nor does it make sense to give up a first-round pick for a dude who will only be around for one season. So, unless the Cowboys plan to part ways with Newman, trading for Hall would be a head-scratcher from a salary-cap perspective.

3) The Keep T.O. Happy Factor. You might recall that Hall and T.O. have some sticky history, so to speak. The supposed spitting incident, which cost the Original 81 $35 grand, occurred during a game in which T.O. torched Hall for two touchdowns (see reason 1). You're asking for trouble if you put T.O. and Hall in the same locker room.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information