Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Deadline Talk

Since trade talk is normally crazy talk....

Here are my crazy suggestions to go after based off the rumors of who's available.

1. Shawne Merriman - Problems about SD being able to resign him have them thinking trade high. SD's GM Smith has soured on him big time. Let's use Wade one last time to bring in a former player. We have plenty of young OLBs to send their way, starting with Anthony Spencer. We could also send Carpenter as a throw in. I'm really down for almost any deal to bring Merriman opposite of Ware. Talk about dreamy.

2. Nnamdi Asomugha - According to Jay Glazer, the Raiders are looking to trade Nnandi.. Wanting a CB and a high draft pick. Terence Newman and a 2nd rounder??? I'm down.

3. Derrick Johnson - I always wanted him in Dallas. I doubt it would cost much.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

"Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson is apparently on the trading block, according to the National Football Post. The 2005 first-round pick hasn't been playing very much this season.

He's getting toward the end of a five-year deal that pays him $10.4 million."

So its true all the players on the raiders team are game, I guess they are starting from scratch.

Maybe Al Davis realizes he is crazy and end of this season he hires a real GM and coach.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Since trade talk is normally crazy talk....

Here are my crazy suggestions to go after based off the rumors of who's available.

1. Shawne Merriman - Problems about SD being able to resign him have them thinking trade high. SD's GM Smith has soured on him big time. Let's use Wade one last time to bring in a former player. We have plenty of young OLBs to send their way, starting with Anthony Spencer. We could also send Carpenter as a throw in. I'm really down for almost any deal to bring Merriman opposite of Ware. Talk about dreamy.
      I would be all over this. I know he's not playing like he did a few years ago, but he's a major upgrade over Spencer and I think he may be one of these guys that might be energized by a change of scenery.

2. Nnamdi Asomugha - According to Jay Glazer, the Raiders are looking to trade Nnandi.. Wanting a CB and a high draft pick. Terence Newman and a 2nd rounder??? I'm down.
      I would love getting Nnamdi. He is a stud, but isn't Newman's contract close to the same?

How about trading Jenkins and a 4th rounder? That would be more financially attractive for Oak.

3. Derrick Johnson - I always wanted him in Dallas. I doubt it would cost much.
      I like him. He's still young. What are his pass rush skills? We need help in 2 areas: Pass rush and coverage. That's why I like the other two above scenarios better.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I'd love to have DJ, just because he's a product of Texas. Bring em all back. We can trade for Michael Huff too ;)

As far as Asomugha and Merriman go, i'd love to have them, but obviously it would depend on what we'd be giving up. I'd do Newman and a 2nd or 3rd for Aso, i wouldn't package a deal with Jenkins though. He's looking like he's gonna be a stud in a few years, plus we need to stay young, not keep the old, oft injured guy.

As far as Merriman, i'd rather we just wait till he's a FA. Chargers probably won't match any offers made to him. But they'd have to negotiate compensation cause a first and a third seems like a steep price to pay for a guy who isn't the pro-bowl LB he used to be.

Comment

No to 1 and 3. Possibly to 2, but I think we'd have to give up too much.

Comment

Yes. The all hinges, of course, on what you have to give up. I'd like to have a couple of these guys, but I don't want to give up any more 1st round picks.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I think Merriman is the perfect buy low candidate, but the Chargers are probably not dumb enough to sell low. What would it take? Well for starters, I'd gladly send them Anthony Spencer to start off with. How bout we throw in Marcus Spears or Bobby Carpenter and a 5th or 6th rounder?

This is a chance for Jerry to go out and make something brilliant happen. I hope he doesn't miss out on this chance.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                I think Merriman is the perfect buy low candidate, but the Chargers are probably not dumb enough to sell low. What would it take? Well for starters, I'd gladly send them Anthony Spencer to start off with. How bout we throw in Marcus Spears or Bobby Carpenter and a 5th or 6th rounder?

This is a chance for Jerry to go out and make something brilliant happen. I hope he doesn't miss out on this chance.
                I wonder if Spencer, Carp and a 3rd would get it done?

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Is Spencer playing that badly and/or that ineffective a pass rusher, that he's not better than a gimped Merriman?
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I wouldn't say he's been bad. Right now he's JAG. At least we know Merriman has the potential to get after the QB, espcially when he gets healthy.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      Is Spencer playing that badly and/or that ineffective a pass rusher, that he's not better than a gimped Merriman?
                      Personally I think he's been playing well, but as a pass rusher he hasn't done much. He's better in coverage than I thought, and he's really good at stopping the run. If sacks weren't an overrated stat he wouldn't be looked at as a bust, but he hasn't gotten any QB pressures to help his case. He lacks something there, and it's disappointing. I wouldn't want to trade him, but for Merriman I'd put his ass on a plane to San Diego faster than Usain Bolt running from a *** bar. Merriman may be gimped, but with Ware we're talking a top 3 defense here. Two great pass rushers like that would put Dallas in a Super Bowl run.
                      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        I'm always optimistic so be careful with my words but I think he's getting better. Just like Ware he had some games where he was just half a step late, but I think he's getting closer to a big game. Brooking said a few days ago that Spencer is "right around the corner from being a game-changing player" so I hope he's right.
                        The one who's playing, as usually, so badly is Carpenter.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
                          I'm always optimistic so be careful with my words but I think he's getting better. Just like Ware he had some games where he was just half a step late, but I think he's getting closer to a big game. Brooking said a few days ago that Spencer is "right around the corner from being a game-changing player" so I hope he's right.
                          The one who's playing, as usually, so badly is Carpenter.
                          You have guys like Hamlin, Flo and Romo costing us games but Carpenter gets the lash!!!!

Forrest, Trees.

Comment

I would rather see us try and trade for a guy like Huff if Oakland is giving anyone away. Asomugha would be nice, but necessary? I think right now safety is a more pressing need.

Comment

Safety is a more pressing need, but are we sure that Huff is the guy to change things? I know he had a lot of hype from college, but he hasn't been all that stellar in the pros unless he's turned it on this year. I wouldn't mind having a guy with his talent, but I wouldn't put much stock in him changing things.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information