Turkey Day: Raiders @ Cowboys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Day: Raiders @ Cowboys

Gobble, gobble... Cowboys usually win on Thanksgiving. I'm gonna love seeing the guys on defense do their turkey wing trot. That dance is hilarious. Trap game? Hell no. I have a feeling it's gonna be a romp! Dallas by over 13 points. One simple key. Easier said than done, but put the gas on early. If we score early and make this a game of catch up for the Raiders then their running game is useless and forcing them to pass will result in sacks, ints and big smiles. Statement game.

They say Jason Witten might be out, but that might not be as bad as it sounds. Bennett has yet to have a chance to shine.

Last 2 weeks, the Cowboys have faced the #1 passing defense (Washington) and the #4 passing defense at the time (Green Bay). This week, Oakland is #12. That's almost like a relief. Expect fireworks in the air and on the ground as Oakland is nearly last at 30th against the rush. Big money, on Big D, on a Big Holiday!

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Gobble, gobble... Cowboys usually win on Thanksgiving. I'm gonna love seeing the guys on defense do their turkey wing trot. That dance is hilarious. Trap game? Hell no. I have a feeling it's gonna be a romp! Dallas by over 13 points. One simple key. Easier said than done, but put the gas on early. If we score early and make this a game of catch up for the Raiders then their running game is useless and forcing them to pass will result in sacks, ints and big smiles. Statement game.

They say Jason Witten might be out, but that might not be as bad as it sounds. Bennett has yet to have a chance to shine.

Last 2 weeks, the Cowboys have faced the #1 passing defense (Washington) and the #4 passing defense at the time (Green Bay). This week, Oakland is #12. That's almost like a relief. Expect fireworks in the air and on the ground as Oakland is nearly last at 30th against the rush. Big money, on Big D, on a Big Holiday!
    Ever the optimist, I love it. I expect a tight game for 1 1/2 quarters and then we pull away.

Comment

You may be able to pass against us, but the ball sure as hell ain't gonna be going to Bennett. Branch is gonna have him on lockdown!

Comment

A little smack talking to make the tryptophan go down smooth.

Brine the turkey and stuff the Raiders.

Cowboys 72
        Raiders 5

Comment

The one thing I'll give you guys is that the play of your corners is much improved from the last time we saw you guys in the preseason. You had me fooled thinking Russell was actually in for a breakout season. Silly Cowboys lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
            The one thing I'll give you guys is that the play of your corners is much improved from the last time we saw you guys in the preseason. You had me fooled thinking Russell was actually in for a breakout season. Silly Cowboys lol.
            619, how is Tyvon doing for you guys??

CT guys if I remember.

Comment

Raiders 27 Cowboys 17 :)

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
              like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                619, how is Tyvon doing for you guys??

CT guys if I remember.
                Tyvon has been one of our biggest surprises on defense. I never really thought he'd have much trouble converting from corner to SS, but even I've come away mighty impressed by his play. He covers TEs/receivers close to as well as Nnamdi does (I'm not kidding) and he's a tackling machine - second on the team in tackles behind Morrison. The only thing I'd like to see from him is some playmaking ability, which we have yet to see probably due to scheme responsibilities.

Comment

Seriously-this should not be close. Cowboys should easily win. Doesn't mean they will, but we should. I think the talent level favors the Cowboys. I am not saying this WILL be the final score, but this is about what it SHOULD be.

Cowboys-35

Raiders-10

Cowboys are better at ever position.
                  I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Tyvon has been one of our biggest surprises on defense. I never really thought he'd have much trouble converting from corner to SS, but even I've come away mighty impressed by his play. He covers TEs/receivers close to as well as Nnamdi does (I'm not kidding) and he's a tackling machine - second on the team in tackles behind Morrison. The only thing I'd like to see from him is some playmaking ability, which we have yet to see probably due to scheme responsibilities.
                    When I watched the Raiders earlier in the year, I was super impressed with Chris Johnson. That guy is underrated. I'm interested to see him match up against Austin. Unless Nnamdi is on Austin which in that case, I'll be even more interested.

The one thing the Raiders do have going for them is Gradowski. I'd rather face Russell.

Comment

They will put Ndami on Austin, count on it. Austin is not a secret anymore, & we've discussed at length how Roy Williams doesn't scare anybody.

Neither is Romo going to Witten on a slant or sideline route on 3rd & long. That's the time for the pump fake to Witten & swing pass or screen to Choice or Barber.

It will be over early if the Cowboys have a 2-score lead, Raiders are worthless at playing catchup.

The fumbled KO return doomed Cincy, again Dallas has to be mindful of ball security & as the Raiders strip ballcarriers on ST & defense.

Prediction: Dallas 34, Raiders 16
                      Last edited by LizardState; 11-25-2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                        It will be over early if the Cowboys have a 2-score lead, Raiders are worthless at playing catchup.
                        Oh, really? Actually, we can play catchup with Gradkowski under center, in fact, we came back from a two-score deficit last week. I hate to say it, but Dallas' offense doesn't scare me anymore than what we had to go up against Cincy. Nothing special, nothing we haven't seen before. I always had extreme confidence in our defense, as long as they're into the game mentally, which they should be since it's nationally televised.

Nnamdi for the majority of the year has covered the opposing team's second receiver/decoy. I don't know whether that'll be Austin or Williams this week, probably Williams.

Comment

I hate to say it, but Dallas' offense doesn't scare me anymore than what we had to go up against Cincy.
                          :) Hahaha, you're going to sit in front of a television and watch the game. They don't need to scare you, or even the Raiders. They just have to play to their level and not Oakland's, and they win this game pretty easily.

This is the game the 'boys offense get their mojo back. Defense continues to play great, I'd be surprised if Oakland is within 10 points tell you the truth.

Comment

The only reason this game gets out of hand is a west coast team going east with onl hree games to prep

Comment

Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                              :) Hahaha, you're going to sit in front of a television and watch the game. They don't need to scare you, or even the Raiders. They just have to play to their level and not Oakland's, and they win this game pretty easily.

This is the game the 'boys offense get their mojo back. Defense continues to play great, I'd be surprised if Oakland is within 10 points tell you the truth.
                              That level you speak of apparently wasn't very good the last two or three weeks. I'm not expecting a win, but don't come in here and start telling me you're gonna blow us out of the water. Only way your offense gets that 'mojo' back is when Garrett decides to go run-first. If you think you're gonna expose us through the air all game you got the wrong team. Get used to a lot of three and outs if that's gonna be the case. Once you follow that gameplan you could already tally this one up as another ugly-fought contest. That's the Oakland Raider brand of football of today. Just how we like it. Go ahead, play right into our gameplan.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information