Cowboys @ Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    At times... That goaline... c'mon now. Ginger panics too much and passes when he panics. ...and it's waaaaay more than one goalline mistake that he has committed in the past. Every team's faults shouldn't justify his.

This team moves the ball well...? Did you see the Green Bay and Washington games?

Ginger will fail us in the playoffs.
    D, sure those two games weren't good. GB is a little different than Wash. If RW doesn't blow two huge plays that take points off the board, I think that game has a very different look. Wash just wasn't good. But unless you are NO, you aren't going to put up 30 points every game.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
      So when your playing the GB packers who have argueably one of the best corners in the league, you should script a playsheet to only run the ball a total of 11 times?

How about when you draft a guy in the first round and he has proven he is explosive, yet fail to give him a touch when you need a spark against a tough divisional opponite.

He has cost us as many games with his playcalling than he has won for us with his playcalling.
      How about 2 similar play calls where Sam Hurd runs the same route, 2 straight times against Champ Bailey in Denver on 3rd and 4th down with a chance to win at the very end of the game? Niiiiiiiice.

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
        D, sure those two games weren't good. GB is a little different than Wash. If RW doesn't blow two huge plays that take points off the board, I think that game has a very different look. Wash just wasn't good. But unless you are NO, you aren't going to put up 30 points every game.
        We have more talent on offense than NOR does.

Comment

He has cost us as many games with his playcalling than he has won for us with his playcalling.
          Assinine.

If you consider that since he and Wade arrived, we are 30-13. So he gets zero credit for the play calling in those 30 wins, and he gets all the blame in the 13 wins?

It is not a black and white world folks.

I guarantee you he didn't 'call different plays' in the Washington game versus the Oakland game. It's about execution.

-

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

A lot of that is also dependent on the current score of the game. Ginger is too risky on the most critical parts of the game. Football is a simple sport if you go with the high percentage plays.
            Still doesn't make it good football. We were never behind that much at any point. So those plays weren't high %, and personally not a fan of them. I like high percentage plays, but football is far from a simple sport. Soon teams will see what you're trying to do from scouting tendencies. Again, it goes back to how his red zone call sheet is broken down. How many running and passing plays does he have? How many per situation? Down and distance?

Plus how much Flexibility does Romo have in the system? Can he back out of the play? Eli has that in our system, where 1. he can run the play 2. given 2 plays and picks one 3. can change the play totally. I guess it depends on what the OC wants for that play and what flexibility he is allowed. Can Romo change the play? I thought the game plan vs us was pretty good first time we played. That damn draw play was deadly.

Comment

We have more talent on offense than NOR does.

I don't think I agree with you there.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I don't think I agree with you there.
                That's because you haven't seen what a good OC can do with our horses.

Comment

Just our of curiosity, what is you're ideal system for the horses you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                    Still doesn't make it good football. We were never behind that much at any point. So those plays weren't high %, and personally not a fan of them. I like high percentage plays, but football is far from a simple sport. Soon teams will see what you're trying to do from scouting tendencies. Again, it goes back to how his red zone call sheet is broken down. How many running and passing plays does he have? How many per situation? Down and distance?

Plus how much Flexibility does Romo have in the system? Can he back out of the play? Eli has that in our system, where 1. he can run the play 2. given 2 plays and picks one 3. can change the play totally. I guess it depends on what the OC wants for that play and what flexibility he is allowed. Can Romo change the play? I thought the game plan vs us was pretty good first time we played. That damn draw play was deadly.
                    The damn draw play is deadly. But when your strategy is to use it for every key running play, then you paint yourself in a corner.

I'm really not sure how much flexibility Romo has. I can't imagine he doesn't have any... but he's not Peyton Manning out there either.

...and when you have Marion Barber, Tashard Choice and Felix Jones running the ball on short yardage situations is "easy football". Plus, you get less criticism if it doesn't work.

Comment

Assinine.

If you consider that since he and Wade arrived, we are 30-13. So he gets zero credit for the play calling in those 30 wins, and he gets all the blame in the 13 wins?

It is not a black and white world folks.

I guarantee you he didn't 'call different plays' in the Washington game versus the Oakland game. It's about execution.

-
                      I said as many won as lost. Which means for every game his play calling directly resulted in a win, you can find a game where his play calling resulted in a loss.

I'd say you could probably find 5 or so either way.

I guarantee you he didn't call different plays either. However this further proves my point by showing what a good gameplan against our offense and a bad one.

The skins had a great gameplan to shut us down. Oakland on 3 days rest being a west coast team had none.

Why are divisional games always so tough? Because the teams know each other and have a base on how to gameplan against it. If you fail at making a gameplan or simply get out coached it falls on the people at the top as well as the players on the field.

Comment

The damn draw play is deadly. But when your strategy is to use it for every key running play, then you paint yourself in a corner.

I'm really not sure how much flexibility Romo has. I can't imagine he doesn't have any... but he's not Peyton Manning out there either.

...and when you have Marion Barber, Tashard Choice and Felix Jones running the ball on short yardage situations is "easy football". Plus, you get less criticism if it doesn't work.
                        Well it depends on what he is doing off it. For instance, next time in a key situation go play action with that play, which you guys did against us. That play, if successful early, opens up the passing game, because teams have to play run. The trick to the play are the keys that defenses are reading. The way the linemen move, DEs are thinking pass and thus are trying to get to Romo, but once he hands off ALL 3 of your backs have sick holes to gash teams with. Now, from that play you can go play action and hit any of the 3 WRs and Witten. Hell, Romo can fake the hand and pull it if he decides to.

I prefer running it short situations but I am not against passing or screens. I like roll out or sprint out passing concepts too. But right off the bat I remember that draw play because it was a sick play. We do it out of shotgun while you guys did it from under center, and then hand off i think.

Comment

I think you fandom is clouding your objectivity. :)

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Why are divisional games always so tough? Because the teams know each other and have a base on how to gameplan against it. If you fail at making a gameplan or simply get out coached it falls on the people at the top as well as the players on the field.

Doesn't this prove my point?

My point is that more than anything, it comes down to execution.

Look, Norv Turner was no genius. The 90's Cowboys play sheet could be printed on one page! They just executed like MFers.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Look, Norv Turner was no genius. The 90's Cowboys play sheet could be printed on one page! They just executed like MFers.
                              No I don't think we are on the same page.

By not being able to gameplan successfully JG has cost us victories. The most recent ones that come to mind is the Packers game which we have illuded to. The point is we knew that they had a good offense and strong corners. But JG failed to dial up an effective gameplan. Blame it on execution if you want...but we ran the ball 11 TIMES!! 11, this is just the most recent...you can go back to multiple games. I'm not saying JG does no good...I'm just saying that he can be out coached and while every coach can, it just seems like he overthinks things sometimes.

for instance
                              we should run behind LD and Columbo
                              -but that is what they think we'll do
                              so we will PA that and throw it on a out to witten
                              -but that will be their secondary read they know we love witten on 3rd down
                              so we will blah blah

I think that is JG problem. He is such a analytical thinker that he over does it and misses some of the easier details which he has control over.

Cam Cameron does a great job at this, I wish JG would have picked up more from him.

Comment

There was less parity in the league and w/out the cap, Jerry just bought success.

Coaching is more important now. You can't just blame execution especially when your playcaller is not putting you in position to succeed. Calling low percentage plays in situations is hardly a fault of players failing to execute. It's predictable. Draw play on 3rd and long? Shotgun on 3rd and short? Gee... you expect the players to carry the blame for those failures? Look at the position they're put in. These are real plays that Garrett calls for us!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information