Cowboys @ Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys @ Giants

We're gonna need to have a complete game to beat the NY Gargantuans.

Certainly, anything can happen, but I just think if we don't turn the ball over multiple times, we win this going away.

The Giants have real issues that just can't be fixed in a week. Remember that as bad as the Cowboys were the 2nd week, the Giants offense scored 9 points if you take out the short field they got on turnovers.

If we protect the ball, I think this one looks a lot like the game last year at home. 24-13 or something like that.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Kind of sounds like you're not giving the Giants enough credit for taking the ball out of our hands. But I get your drift. We need to be very mindful of holding onto the ball and I agree. We can't compare this game to the last game at all though. Both teams are very different. I think we win, but can't afford to play the way we played against the Redskins.

Comment

Well, the 3 that come to mind are:

1. Fumble by Felix on kickoff - Don't remember the particulars but you could give the Giants credit for 'forcing' that one.

2. INT that bounces off Witten's leg. Sorry, not giving them credit for that freak play.

3. Possibly Romo's worst decision of the season on the deep ball to Hurd. We just haven't seen that Romo since that game.

Take out those two turnovers and it's a very different game.

I agree 100% that both teams are in very different places. The Giants defesense and offense are struggling much more than they were early in the season. The Cowboys offense has had a couple of hickups (Wash & GB) but in general they are not turning the ball over and the defense is playing much much better than they were early in the year.

Am I confident? Yes, I think we should take this game.

But you're right that anything can happen up there is Jersey and if they don't play disciplined, the Giants could very well steal one.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I'm semi-confident in a win. This would be the beginning of proving they are going to make this December different from year's past.

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, this game more than any of the remaining games scares me most. I've said it in several other posts...desperate teams scare me. And Gmen are one of them most desperate teams at this point.

With that being said, I believe we should win the game. But we all know the games aren't played on paper, but on the field.

Comment

I'm not scared of their running game, but if Eli at his best shows up, we could be in trouble. The way our offense had stalled before the Oakland game scares the crap out of me. We can't beat N.Y. on a single last effort TD if Eli is throwing bombs all day. I hope Dallas tries to run all over this team and control the clock and exploit the fact that Pierce is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                I'm not scared of their running game, but if Eli at his best shows up, we could be in trouble. The way our offense had stalled before the Oakland game scares the crap out of me. We can't beat N.Y. on a single last effort TD if Eli is throwing bombs all day. I hope Dallas tries to run all over this team and control the clock and exploit the fact that Pierce is out.
                Looks like we're only going into the game with Jacobs and G. Johnson. I have no faith in our running game either. You guys are being very generous and I really think you should have this one in the bag. I see a slim chance we can win but it would suprise me. Just get some good pressure on Eli and you should be fine.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

D-Ware isn't practicing cause of a concussion. I haven't kept up with that injury much, anyone care to fill me in?

Comment

I've been thinking for weeks that this game would be a beatdown for the Cowboys. I'm not so sure that it will be a blowout, but I think the Cowboys get some nice revenge. I think they've got a chip on their shoulder because of how the first game went down, and I don't think they'll play around. The defense now is number two in the league in terms of points allowed, and they play a helluva lot more different than they did the first two weeks of the season. These guys are seriously becoming a big force. The D is really putting in some good work.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

I know its a divisional game so anything can happen, but seriously, you guys should mop the floor with us.

Michael Johnson is most likely out, making our starting 2 safeties Aaron Rouse and CC Brown.

Bradshaw and Ware are out.

Our oline is a shell of its former self.

Our DTs suck, and our DEs are injured, and theyve been sucking too.

Our MIKE and SAM are serious issues.

I counter your Jason Garrett with Kevin Kill Drive and Bill Sheridan.

The only way we have any chance of winning this game is if Eli carries us. Thats really the only time we've been winning all season outside of a couple of cupcake teams.

Comment

You are right BBD about it being a divisional game. Those things can't be taken for granted like the Redskins game. I think the injuries and revenge factor will be the key to this game.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                          D-Ware isn't practicing cause of a concussion. I haven't kept up with that injury much, anyone care to fill me in?
                          That'd be Danny Ware, the Giants RB. Demarcus is fine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

I just hope you guys don't land Eli on IR.

He has a stress reaction he's been playing with on his foot since Tampa (the Giants have been hiding it), and one big sack can lead to a stress fracture.

All you really have to do is blitz the hell out of him. He's been playing on one foot. And Dallas has always done an excellent job of getting pressure on us.

I doubt our WR core has a similar game to last time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I doubt our WR core has a similar game to last time.
                              I think this will be one of the big keys to the game. The first time we played, our secondary was very much in a transition phase.

Since then, Jenkins has become one of the top young corners in the league and Sensy has been really solid. I just think we are much better in coverage than we were early in the year.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information