OT Pat McQuistan
    C Duke Preston
    C Cory Procter
    S Gerald Sensabaugh - $2.4 million 1st
    NT Junior Siavii
    DE Marcus Spears - $1.1 million
    K Shaun Suisham
    S Pat Watkins
    Last edited by thule; 01-20-2010, 05:55 PM.

I'm okay with what you've pointed out.

I think a guy like Barber is valuable in the right role. However, I wonder if he or the staff will swallow their pride and give Felix and Choice the bulk of the carries. You may be right that the only way to save face to to cut him.

I think we ought to make a run at Donald Penn and that would free us up in the draft early to go safety or DL.

I like the thought of Atogwe.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Cutting Barber is a pretty bold prediction. I'm not going there. Though I do think that Felix Jones should start.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Cutting Barber is a pretty bold prediction. I'm not going there. Though I do think that Felix Jones should start.
        lol! Just cut barber? No trade whatsoever?...just a straight cut?

Comment

Players on the Trade Block: Bobby Carpenter, Tashard Choice, Martellus Bennett.

1st Round Draft Targets: Golden Tate, Sean Weatherspoon, Taylor Mays, Earl Thomas, Donovan Warren, Dan Williams

Comment

Does anyone buy Barber having trade value? He's not that old..but he's just a smash mouth guy...I went a tad bold with the prediction but look at it.

We have two players that are better and younger and cheaper.

He got a seven-year deal worth a total of $45 million. The package includes $16 million in guaranteed bonuses, and will pay out $21 million over the first three years.

With the holdout possible in 2011 and this an uncapped year we are sitting in a perfect position to cut someone who is going to be overpayed without counting against the cap.

Call me crazy but this makes sense if there is no value in the trade market.

Comment

Ken Hamlin was that bad?

Yeah its gonna be hard to get trade for Barber's massive contract.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                Does anyone buy Barber having trade value? He's not that old..but he's just a smash mouth guy...I went a tad bold with the prediction but look at it.

He got a seven-year deal worth a total of $45 million. The package includes $16 million in guaranteed bonuses, and will pay out $21 million over the first three years.

With the holdout possible in 2011 and this an uncapped year we are sitting in a perfect position to cut someone who is going to be overpayed without counting against the cap.

IMO we should put him back in role he had when he was drafted. Felix starts and Barber becomes the change of pace/short yardage back. He was very effective in that role and it will limit his carries and hopefully he can stay healthy. Felix needs to get 18-20 carries a game IMO.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                  Ken Hamlin was that bad?

Yeah its gonna be hard to get trade for Barber's massive contract.
                  Hamlin is the 3rd highest player on the team in 2010...his play isn't even top 15 on this team. The cost benefit just doesn't work...he'll be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                    IMO we should put him back in role he had when he was drafted. Felix starts and Barber becomes the change of pace/short yardage back. He was very effective in that role and it will limit his carries and hopefully he can stay healthy. Felix needs to get 18-20 carries a game IMO.
                    You don't pay a back 6 million a year to be a COP/short yardage back I'm sorry.

Comment

You don't pay a back 6 million a year to be a COP/short yardage back I'm sorry.
                      I understand but I just dont see us cutting him and Felix needs to start next year. We'll see, it will be interesting.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Why couldn't we trade him for another overly priced player? There are plenty of them in the NFL.

Also, help clarify... I don't exactly know how it works, but my understanding is that if you trade a player, the team acquiring him doesn't take on his salary... is that true? Sounds wrong. What exactly happens? Is it different for different player situations? Or the same all around?

I remember Jbond traded for Larry Johnson in the forum mock and I was laughing at him for taking on that contract... then he said the contract doesn't carry over...

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                          I understand but I just dont see us cutting him and Felix needs to start next year. We'll see, it will be interesting.
                          I don't see it either... especially when cap numbers won't matter this year.

As for Felix... only thing I wonder about him is durability.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Why couldn't we trade him for another overly priced player? There are plenty of them in the NFL.

Also, help clarify... I don't exactly know how it works, but my understanding is that if you trade a player, the team acquiring him doesn't take on his salary... is that true? Sounds wrong. What exactly happens? Is it different for different player situations? Or the same all around?

I remember Jbond traded for Larry Johnson in the forum mock and I was laughing at him for taking on that contract... then he said the contract doesn't carry over...
                            I think it varies on a case by case basis. I think teams can buyout the remainder the of contract and structure a new deal. But I don't know the specifics. I'd assume if you trade the player the contract would go with him...because not every player traded gets a new contract.

Believe me everyone in the world would rather trade a player for something than cut him for nothing. BUTTTTTT unless a team wants him...this is the only way to cut him and not hurt the team in the future with cap hits. It is possible.

Comment

I think it varies on a case by case basis. I think teams can buyout the remainder the of contract and structure a new deal. But I don't know the specifics. I'd assume if you trade the player the contract would go with him...because not every player traded gets a new contract.

Believe me everyone in the world would rather trade a player for something than cut him for nothing. BUTTTTTT unless a team wants him...this is the only way to cut him and not hurt the team in the future with cap hits. It is possible.
                              What happens when there is no cap? What cap hits?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information