The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 Pick, Head Coach and Team

I think they have to use the rest of the season to see who wants to play next year. At the same time u can't bench players and just let them watch so for people who think we are going to sit down some veterans to play rookies are mistaken.

i myself don't want that...their is still pride to play for and I don't want to go back to losing 35 to zero.

JG already gets paid like a HC so the new deal would be for 2-3 years and i don't really care. I do think he goes and get another DC and while i like PP....I won't be upset if he gets the job. I would love Capers, but he is in GB and why leave..and he might get a shot at a job. I think Fraziers keeps the job in minnesota. I don't want a new coach and a new staff..that will hurt the team in the long run.

Top 5 Pick.....

Lets not get to high on Peterson or Prince..i really don't think about losing and our pick until after the season so for people who want Peterson and Prince are the ones who want us to tank the season and as a fan i don't care if we are 0-15..i want to win the last game.

I really doubt they will go top 5....i do see them going to 7 to 10. It is really hard to pay a DB that much money..the whole salary structure becomes whacked ging a DB top 5 money.

I think some Sophmores will come out and they will squeeze them down.

I like Hayward, but i think he will be their top of 2nd round.

How about trading down and getting an extra 2nd round pick?

We will have options....in this year draft. At the moment I think we went down to a number 5 pick...I could be wroing.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I am soooo OFF that guys bandwagon, it ain't even funny. Good genes, but he's not the player I thought he was.
      Completely agree. If we're going 3-4DE I'd rather have Cameron Jordan from Cal assuming we're too high for both Fairley and Dareus. What are your guys thoughts on Janoris Jenkins?

I think he's the type of corner that will excel in the 3-4 scheme with alot of zone and off man coverage. The guy has elite instincts, is excellent in off man coverage. Will come up and tackle and has that anticipation, route recognition skills and is a true playmaker. The only concerns are size which shouldnt be a problem with guys like Santana Moss, Mario Manningham, and DeSean Jackson in our divsion. And then his off the field conduct will need more investigation. With that said he reminds me of Asante Samuels. Even though I'd much rather go in the trenches if we continue to win and pick in the middle of the 1st Jenkins wouldnt be a bad consolation prize.

Edit: Actually I dont think size is an issue with him as he has proven against AJ Green (someone who Peterson couldnt contain) Julio Jones and Alshon Jeffrey that he's more than capable of handling there size. As crazy as this may sound but Jenkins maybe the most well rounded corner when it comes to athleticism, technique, and the tape he has put out this season. If he goes mid 1st he's going to be terrific value because I most definitely believe he's better than Joe Haden who went 7th overall last year.
      Last edited by romo4prez415; 11-24-2010, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by romo4prez415 View Post
        Completely agree. If we're going 3-4DE I'd rather have Cameron Jordan from Cal assuming we're too high for both Fairley and Dareus. What are your guys thoughts on Janoris Jenkins?

I think he's the type of corner that will excel in the 3-4 scheme with alot of zone and off man coverage. The guy has elite instincts, is excellent in off man coverage. Will come up and tackle and has that anticipation, route recognition skills and is a true playmaker. The only concerns are size which shouldnt be a problem with guys like Santana Moss, Mario Manningham, and DeSean Jackson in our divsion. And then his off the field conduct will need more investigation. With that said he reminds me of Asante Samuels. Even though I'd much rather go in the trenches if we continue to win and pick in the middle of the 1st Jenkins wouldnt be a bad consolation prize.

Edit: Actually I dont think size is an issue with him as he has proven against AJ Green (someone who Peterson couldnt contain) Julio Jones and Alshon Jeffrey that he's more than capable of handling there size. As crazy as this may sound but Jenkins maybe the most well rounded corner when it comes to athleticism, technique, and the tape he has put out this season. If he goes mid 1st he's going to be terrific value because I most definitely believe he's better than Joe Haden who went 7th overall last year.
        I'm not sure about Jenkins yet. But I've got Brandon Harris as the 3rd best CB... but a lot closer to #2 (Prince) than most others have him at.

Comment

I'm not sure about Jenkins yet. But I've got Brandon Harris as the 3rd best CB... but a lot closer to #2 (Prince) than most others have him at.
          Watch Jenkins when you get a chance against Green, Jones, and Alshon Jeffery. He' definitely the 3rd best corner at worst in the draft.

He held jones to 4 catches 19 yards
          He held Green to 4 catches 42 yards (again this is something Peterson didnt even do) and Jenkins even picked off a pass when guarding Green)
          He held Jeffery to 6 catches 53 yards.

Put in the tape. At worst he's the 3rd best corner. I actually believe he's a top 10 player in this draft.

Comment

• If we're picking around the 10 spot and Prince, PP, and Dareus areoffthe board I'd be happy with either Jenkins or Harris. We are in dire need of a playmaker in the secondary. Like mentioned above, 3-4 Ends do not have the value to be taken in the top 10, you can find one for cheap in the mid rounds and chances are he'll have the same type of impact as a top 10 selection.

I can't believe that there is not 1 elite OL prospect this year, just another gift from the football gods. Honestly I wouldn't touch any of them until round 2, but guys will be pushed up because of the epic lack of talent at oline in this draft. Don't get fooled by it.

Round 1- Best DB
            Round 2- Best OL

Anything else is a fail.
            Cowboys Mock:
            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by romo4prez415 View Post
              Watch Jenkins when you get a chance against Green, Jones, and Alshon Jeffery. He' definitely the 3rd best corner at worst in the draft.

He held jones to 4 catches 19 yards
              He held Green to 4 catches 42 yards (again this is something Peterson didnt even do) and Jenkins even picked off a pass when guarding Green)
              He held Jeffery to 6 catches 53 yards.

Put in the tape. At worst he's the 3rd best corner. I actually believe he's a top 10 player in this draft.
              Jenkins will be a stud in the NFL.

Could even have a better career than Prince or Peterson, imho.

Comment

• If were gonna put Janoris Jenkins, Brandon Harris and Aaron Williams in a tier mine looks like:

1. Aaron Williams
                2. Janoris Jenkins
                3. Brandon Harris

That's not a knock on any because they are all legit top 20 guys to be, another deep CB class. I still have Aaron Williams firmly behind the top 2 guys.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I would say Harris is closer to Prince for the 2nd spot than Prince is to Peterson for the first spot

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Well losing to the Saints is at least good for our draft position. Unfortunately I feel the only guy that can help us is Patrick Peterson.

Comment

• I agree, we are kinda in no mans land right now..

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                        If we're picking around the 10 spot and Prince, PP, and Dareus areoffthe board I'd be happy with either Jenkins or Harris. We are in dire need of a playmaker in the secondary. Like mentioned above, 3-4 Ends do not have the value to be taken in the top 10, you can find one for cheap in the mid rounds and chances are he'll have the same type of impact as a top 10 selection.

I can't believe that there is not 1 elite OL prospect this year, just another gift from the football gods. Honestly I wouldn't touch any of them until round 2, but guys will be pushed up because of the epic lack of talent at oline in this draft. Don't get fooled by it.

Round 1- Best DB
                        Round 2- Best OL

Anything else is a fail.

I agree. If we could come out of the first 2 rounds with Jenkins and Wisniewski, that would be great.
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I 100% agree as well. Best DB and best OL in the top 2 rounds.

Comment

• DB and OL and or Safety

How about trading down from top 10 pick.

Get Jenkins or highest rated CB
                            Wisnieski in 2nd
                            Duante the FS in round 2.

I would love that...

Comment

• Originally posted by chrlopez1 View Post
                              How about trading down from top 10 pick.

Get Jenkins or highest rated CB
                              Wisnieski in 2nd
                              Duante the FS in round 2.

I would love that...
                              If we can get a future 1st then yes. Otherwise, we'll just trade down and miss out on an elite player. I'd rather not do that.

I still need to do more homework though. It could be a good thing, I just don't know yet.

Comment

• Next Year Draft

I think we need 3 top quality players who will come in and start. I don't think we can see who sure who will not be here, but we can speculate on some names. I think we have an explosive team next year and we can complete for a playoff spot. We are not in rebuilding mode...as long as u have a solid QB you have a shot. If this year tells us anything is that we are not ready, but with a couple of players we can be solid again. Here are some thoughts:

Spears is gone............But he will not be missed-----nothing spectacular
                                Barbar is gone...............Choice moves up and Miller becomes 3rd RB
                                OL..............We don't resign all, but we don't cut all.
                                R. Williams (wr) i think we cut..we can't afford his salary for his states...
                                Oggletree....I think he moves to the slot..or he become 3wr and austin moves to the slot on 3 rd down.
                                TE---- we still have phhillips
                                LB...........I don't think brookings will find 2 year contract, but maybe one year.....it might work.
                                A. Ball is out..i think we have better players..i think Church and the other guy can complete for the job as well as a rookie.

I think an OL in the first two round and than another one 4 or 5. That will rebuild our OL.

I think our DL is good..we need to resign, but with Brent and Lissamore we have backup depth.

I am out..

Can i get some rep points?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information