No announcement yet.

The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw Rahim Moore. Loved him last year, but I totally fell out of favor with him this year. Plays too soft. Isn't a Ryan type DB, imo. Doesn't tackle well. Plus Ryan will send his DBs in on blitzes, so I expect someone with quickness. With Moore's 4.53 and 4.61 he must've ruined his stock badly.

My boy Ras-I pulls up with a hammy and still ran a 4.40. THAT'S what I'm talking about. I'd be more than happy grabbing him with our 2nd rounder now. Physical, playmaking DB. That's Ras-I.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Screw Rahim Moore. Loved him last year, but I totally fell out of favor with him this year. Plays too soft. Isn't a Ryan type DB, imo. Doesn't tackle well. Plus Ryan will send his DBs in on blitzes, so I expect someone with quickness. With Moore's 4.53 and 4.61 he must've ruined his stock badly.

My boy Ras-I pulls up with a hammy and still ran a 4.40. THAT'S what I'm talking about. I'd be more than happy grabbing him with our 2nd rounder now. Physical, playmaking DB. That's Ras-I.
      Hmmm, I will get back to you on that D!
      2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
      - Cleveland Browns GM
      - Dallas Cowboys GM
      - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Patrick Peterson - DB - Player
        Citing sources, SI's Tony Pauline reports that the Cowboys have LSU CB Patrick Peterson ranked as the top player in the 2011 NFL draft.
        Their high opinion was only reinforced by Peterson's 4.32 and 4.37 forty times Tuesday at the Combine. Per Pauline, Dallas "covets" the 2010 Thorpe Award winner. The Cowboys draft ninth overall, so they may strongly consider a move up for Peterson. Terence Newman is a candidate for offseason release.
        Related: Cowboys

Do it. Do it!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Do it. Do it!
          Thanks for sharing LL! I can always count on you guys for keeping me up to date with some goodies!

Peterson is destined to be wearing a star on his helmet!!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing LL! I can always count on you guys for keeping me up to date with some goodies!

Peterson is destined to be wearing a star on his helmet!!!
            If we trade up for Peterson our draft is an automatic win.
            Cowboys Mock:
            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• I wouldnt count on Moore lasting until our 2nd. Hell it's a weak class and he looked excellent today in all drills. Easily the best out there. If anything, someone may over draft him. But the guy is a fringe 1st rounder as it is. I'd def. take him if he was available.

As for PP...a trade up for him, would be...expensive. And I'm talking value for value, not money. I'm not too fond of trading our entire draft away.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-01-2011, 01:52 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                If we trade up for Peterson our draft is an automatic win.
                Can you imagine getting Dez and Peterson in back to back drafts? Arguably the two most dynamic players in each draft. Wow, that would be something.
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I really hope you guys don't land PP.

But if you get him at the expense of the rest of your draft, then I'll be somewhat ok with it.

The Cowboys should just be smart and stay home at #9. They have the most tradeable pick in the draft, or they have a pick that can net them one hell of a player.

Falling in love with 1 prospect is the worst thing they can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    I wouldnt count on Moore lasting until our 2nd. Hell it's a weak class and he looked excellent today in all drills. Easily the best out there. If anything, someone may over draft him. But the guy is a fringe 1st rounder as it is. I'd def. take him if he was available.

As for PP...a trade up for him, would be...expensive. And I'm talking value for value, not money. I'm not too fond of trading our entire draft away.
                    I can understand how you feel about it. I'm willing to do something like our 1st, 2nd and next year's 2nd. Landing him will just do so many wonders for our team.

From Twitter
                    OptimumScouting Eric Galko
                    Dal scout said that to me at Senior Bowl, said they like Prince alot too RT @evansilva: The Cowboys have Patrick Peterson No. 1 on board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                      Can you imagine getting Dez and Peterson in back to back drafts? Arguably the two most dynamic players in each draft. Wow, that would be something.
                      Just think about the training camp battles those 2 would have with each other.........*drools*
                      Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        I really hope you guys don't land PP.

But if you get him at the expense of the rest of your draft, then I'll be somewhat ok with it.

The Cowboys should just be smart and stay home at #9. They have the most tradeable pick in the draft, or they have a pick that can net them one hell of a player.

Falling in love with 1 prospect is the worst thing they can do.
                        I don't agree with the thought that if you move up in the draft then you're not smart.

No other player in the draft can bring us the impact that Peterson can. No one. No DL, no LB, no OT and no other DB, that's a given. If we say we don't want Peterson because we don't want to give up our 1st 2 picks, then I'll be pissed.

What Amukamara ran makes me feel a little better, but I'm still a critic. This team needs playmakers. The D has lacked guys who can get the offense the ball back for as long as I can remember since Deion was here.

Comment

• Yea were so far away it'd cost a ton, I'd rather not but I'd do backflips if we got him and worry about what we missed later. He'd be a tremendous player to add to our team.

Still though I love me some Rahim Moore, make sure we get him and we can keep our picks. His value is where our 2nd rounder is, he's a centerfielder that makes plays on the ball, love his attitude, etc.

Rahim Moore prides himself on his ability to recognize routes, read the quarterback and break on the ball.

The UCLA safety also has a read on what teams need in the upcoming NFL draft.

"I think the Cowboys need some safeties,'' Moore said.

Moore may be the top safety in this draft. He will not go in the top 10, but he should come off the board in the late first or early second round. The Cowboys could address two positions by taking him.

Moore plays free safety. The club could plug him in there and move Alan Ball back to his natural cornerback position.

"If a team drafts me, they won't have to worry about the safety position for the next 10 or 12 years,'' Moore said. "I believe that I'm special, and I mean that in the most humble way. I want to be a guy where I'm going to get in early, I'm going to leave late, I'm going to put in the same amount of hours, maybe more, than the coaching staff.

"That's what I bring to the table.''

How can you not love this guy D!? We could get Watt, Tyron Smith, Prince, or Dareus(who is getting more sexy as the combine goes) and still be able to land him in the 2nd.

I'm just a huge Moore fan, as much as I would be talking ****, and running through my house if we got Peterson, because he's so good that if you get him you almost don't care what you get up. But if you asked me today, I'd rather get Moore in the 2nd and keep the 9th slot, maybe even move back.

Now Ras I, ooooh weee he put on a show and he's my #2 safety right now. He won't last until the 3rd round though. He could of ran a high 4.2.

Comment

• Oh and about Moore being a first rounder and not there for our 2nd...

Wes Bunting tweets...

WesBunting Wesley Bunting
                            Can't say I would take ANY safety in this years class over any safety who went in top three rounds last yr...#nfldraft

Comment

I don't agree with the thought that if you move up in the draft then you're not smart.

No other player in the draft can bring us the impact that Peterson can. No one. No DL, no LB, no OT and no other DB, that's a given. If we say we don't want Peterson because we don't want to give up our 1st 2 picks, then I'll be pissed.

What Amukamara ran makes me feel a little better, but I'm still a critic. This team needs playmakers. The D has lacked guys who can get the offense the ball back for as long as I can remember since Deion was here.
                              Nailed it.

We haven't had a dynamic playmaker in the secondary for a long long time and it has really hurt us. How many offseasons has it been now that "Dallas needs help in the secondary"? You get Peterson and those days are over, he's the missing link on our defense. I'd give up our first 2 picks for that and not think twice about it.
                              Cowboys Mock:

Comment

Oh and about Moore being a first rounder and not there for our 2nd...

Wes Bunting tweets...

WesBunting Wesley Bunting
                                Can't say I would take ANY safety in this years class over any safety who went in top three rounds last yr...#nfldraft
                                I trust Bunting, but that's a bit too much. Chad Jones and Burnett were average Safety prospects, neither better then Moore or Ras I. I'm also guessing nobody told him about how SF is frustrated with Taylor Mays and how he cannot cover a soul, in practice or games. Thank God we passed on him last year now that we really need a Safety bad, he would have been just as bad out there for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information