X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
    Season ticket holder haha....but yeah I would hate the pick
    Nice!

Geez, this S is really weak outside of Moore and I'm iffy on him too.
    Cowboys Mock:
    1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
    2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
    3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
      Nice!

http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/03...-takes-us.html

Geez, this S is really weak outside of Moore and I'm iffy on him too.
      Wes Bunting Interveiw

Let's move to Cowboys-related positions, beginning with the safeties. They sound even worse than advertised.

WB: Sign Bob Sanders, that's my advice.

CN: It was that bad?

WB: I got the official times today, and the top safety we've been talking about, Rahim Moore, ran a 4.62. Some scouts I talk to think he looks like nickel back. He's got range and can get in and out of his breaks well, but there are some things that scare me, to be honest.

If you took guys who were picked in the 3rd round last year, Major Wright and Morgan Burnett, I would take both of them over Rahim Moore, to be honest.

CN: Given their times, where do the safeties come off the board? Do you think they'll be one in the first two rounds now?

WB: I think one will, because there's not a ton of talent there, and someone is going to have to reach, but none of them are worthy of that grade [2nd round] at all.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Can we finally quit the Rahim Moore talk now? Sheesh. Now that someone with their own site said it, can we all agree that he sucks? I'm tired of his fandom here. :)
        Last edited by D-Unit; 03-03-2011, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• I still think Prince can play some safety... Not that he will... But we need some kind of playmaker back there, geeesshhh!

In FA, or whatever we have with the CBA issue?

Crap, I am sick of us not have a solid safety, can we see if Woody can pass a physical????
          2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
          - Cleveland Browns GM
          - Dallas Cowboys GM
          - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Bernard Pollard wasn't tendered by the Texans. He's got some mental issues, but could be a nice addition

Comment

• As the combine closes, I'm getting the feeling more and more that DL is where we go.

What would you guys preference be between Jordan, Watt. Clayborn?
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                As the combine closes, I'm getting the feeling more and more that DL is where we go.

I like them all just not at #9

There is still some evaluation to sort through. I think Gabbert will either help or hurt his stock and I think Newton will do the same at his pro-day.

These two guys could determine if someone moves up to grab a QB.

Also, personally, I have like Julio Jones more than AJ Green all along, but with his amazing Combine performance, there is a chance that AJ and Julio both go in the top 8, which could allow one of the elite defensive guys to fall.
                2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                - Cleveland Browns GM
                - Dallas Cowboys GM
                - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

As the combine closes, I'm getting the feeling more and more that DL is where we go.

What gives you that feelings? Reason I ask is because I haven't heard any leaked info saying what position we might be leaning towards.

But on DL, I still don't feel Jordan is worth a top 10 pick, trade back then sure but if we trade back I want a RT more then anything. Watt proved he's worth a top 10 selection and it still doesn't give me complete confidence because so many average 3-4 DE's are picked high.

I'm personally trying to weight my choice on Tyron Smith and JJ Watt. I'd take both guys over Prince. So unless a guy like Dareus or Quinn falls to make it a tougher choice, it's down to those 2 guys for me personally and I don't see it changing.

If you asked me right now, I'd still take Tyron Smith. Not just because he has a ton of potential to be a pro bowl tackle(and he would start day 1 and is good enough to, none of that sit on the bench for a year stuff), but I just see how bad Columbo is at RT, figure how bad he'll be in 2011, and I know if we bring back Hatcher and Bowen were not nearly as bad of at DE then we'd be at RT.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    What gives you that feelings? Reason I ask is because I haven't heard any leaked info saying what position we might be leaning towards.

But on DL, I still don't feel Jordan is worth a top 10 pick, trade back then sure but if we trade back I want a RT more then anything. Watt proved he's worth a top 10 selection and it still doesn't give me complete confidence because so many average 3-4 DE's are picked high.

I'm personally trying to weight my choice on Tyron Smith and JJ Watt. I'd take both guys over Prince. So unless a guy like Dareus or Quinn falls to make it a tougher choice, it's down to those 2 guys for me personally and I don't see it changing.

If you asked me right now, I'd still take Tyron Smith. Not just because he has a ton of potential to be a pro bowl tackle(and he would start day 1 and is good enough to, none of that sit on the bench for a year stuff), but I just see how bad Columbo is at RT, figure how bad he'll be in 2011, and I know if we bring back Hatcher and Bowen were not nearly as bad of at DE then we'd be at RT.
                    I haven't seen or heard anything leaked. Just a gut feeling right now. I did hear Gosslin on with Norm the other day and he said this is the best DT draft he can remember. Given that there's just not any OL that seem worth of #9, I just get the feeling that we grab a DT. I do find it interesting that you think Watt is worthy of a top 10 pick but Jordan is not. I've check 33 sites that have done their post-combine rankings and they still have Jordan rated above Watt.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I've been on the Watt train for a while so I'm a bit biased, but as a 5 tech Watt is much better than both those guys. Jordan is strictly a LE in a 40 front, he's not physical enough to play inside IMO.

We've tossed around the idea of Prince at 9 but I think our need for an impact DL is much higher than a CB. If we can land 1 good S in FA I really think we'll see a big improvement in the secondary. I think it would be wise to jump on a CB somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round because this class is real deep at CB. Gimme Johnny Patrick in the 3rd over Prince at 9.

On the flipside I see Watt as the best DL in the draft and there is a huge dropoff between him and the guys who will be around in the 3rd like Ballard.

I think our strategy as far as rounds go should look something like this:

1. Watt
                      2. Best OL
                      3. Best CB

There's gonna be some great value at OL when we pick in the 2nd as well as CB value in the 3rd.

Just my take.
                      Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Anyone think Carimi can fall to the 2nd? He seems to be the odd man out out of the top Tackles, probably because he doesn't project well on the left side.
                        Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                          I've been on the Watt train for a while so I'm a bit biased, but as a 5 tech Watt is much better than both those guys. Jordan is strictly a LE in a 40 front, he's not physical enough to play inside IMO.

We've tossed around the idea of Prince at 9 but I think our need for an impact DL is much higher than a CB. If we can land 1 good S in FA I really think we'll see a big improvement in the secondary. I think it would be wise to jump on a CB somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round because this class is real deep at CB. Gimme Johnny Patrick in the 3rd over Prince at 9.

On the flipside I see Watt as the best DL in the draft and there is a huge dropoff between him and the guys who will be around in the 3rd like Ballard.

I think our strategy as far as rounds go should look something like this:

1. Watt
                          2. Best OL
                          3. Best CB

There's gonna be some great value at OL when we pick in the 2nd as well as CB value in the 3rd.

Just my take.
                          I think this is a pretty reasonable post. I sure wish we had 2 firsts to solve DL and OL. :)

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I haven't seen or heard anything leaked. Just a gut feeling right now. I did hear Gosslin on with Norm the other day and he said this is the best DT draft he can remember. Given that there's just not any OL that seem worth of #9, I just get the feeling that we grab a DT. I do find it interesting that you think Watt is worthy of a top 10 pick but Jordan is not. I've check 33 sites that have done their post-combine rankings and they still have Jordan rated above Watt.

I don't think many places have updated their rankings since the combine. I just think for a 3-4 DE to be top 10 you have to have some extreme measurables, it's not a position that demands a premium pick or player, so you have to prove your worth. That's what Dareus did. I think he showed up heavier then Fairley and outperformed him by far in most regards at the combine and showing what an athlete he was at that size.

Watt put on a show and it was one of the best performances of the past 10 years by a D-lineman. Watt and Jordan both have great film and measurables, but Watt's size, speed, strength, and explosiveness prove worth for the 9th pick to me.

Like somebody already pointed out his only knock was athleticism, now that he's shown to be a superb athlete there isn't much to not like. He's got that high motor you love, fundamentals, and jumps off the page with his explosion. Jordan is a top 20 prospect, he'll fall in that range, top 10 is just a different story, neither guy was looking good enough for me but IMO the combine is important to show what tools a guy has when your drafting him that high.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Tyron Smith says hi. I'm still not sure how this guy isn't getting any love.

3-4 DEs are NOT worth top 10 picks. If we don't trade out of that spot it has to be a major position of need (Hatcher/Bowen are fine) or a 'premium' position (Prince etc). Our 3-4 DEs might be even less important depending on if Ryan keeps his scheme diverse tactics alive. And I've had Watt over Jordan (for 3-4 schemes) since the end of the season. The only knock he had coming into the combine was that he was a 'limited' athlete. He's a super high motor, great athlete, that has played consistently. Question is how will our DEs play under Ryan?

And 'looking at other draft sites' isn't a good way to go unless they rank based on your scheme. Jordan is A LOT better than Watt in 4-3 (both as a DE and both DT positions) but it isn't really that close when evaluating for 3-4 DE. Sort of like how CB rankings are a lot different for teams that run Cover 2. The ideal Cover 2 corner isn't the same as a press man scheme.
                              Originally posted by D-Unit
                              I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

Smith is worth the 9th pick. Many scouts seem to think he's a better prospect than Jason Smith, who the Rams took #2 overall a few years ago. Smith is just as talented as some of the top tackles that came out the last few years. And since he weighed in at an impressive looking 300+ opposed to the 280s. He's shooting up boards. The biggest questions were size/strength and he put those fears to rest.

As for DE...Watt is my guy between he and Jordan. And he is another one that is a fine selection at 9. And he can go even higher after those standout combine numbers. Dont worry about value, he's right within that range and again, can go even higher. Same with Smith.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information