Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thule View Post
    Mosley actually said this on twitter.

I noticed Peter King had Cowboys No. 2 in Nnamdi sweepstakes. But I'm told by Cows' officials that's a LONG shot.

I'm gonna side with Mosley.
    I'm gonna side with Jerry. You don't think that if he doesn't want Aso he won't get him? That's all that matters, I just like to follow the rumor mill. Money won't be an issue, it'll just be an issue as far as who else we could get outside of him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Just some scrambled thoughts:

I'd love to sign Aso but my gut tells me it's not going to happen. Unfortunately I think our staff is holding out hope for Jenkins to be our future #1 and banking on a return to 2009 form. I think we avoid CB in FA altogether.

I'm still a little upset we didn't make a play for Atogwe when he hit the market, the rest of the FA safety crop is mostly JAGs. Weddle is a solid player and I'd be pretty happy with him, I'm just nervous we're going to settle for a cheap option like Abram Elam and use the excuse that he knows Rob's defense.

I'll post more a little later.
      Cowboys Mock:
      1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
      2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
      3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Ryan is gonna give his input on Michael Huff, it's a bad sign if we don't sign him for how sorry he really is because he's the obvious choice. He made some big plays last year; INT's, sacks, FF's, and his coverage improved. He's from Irving, TX, played with Ryan in Oakland for a few years, and the need for us is pretty obvious.

I think he's one of our highest rated targets, nothing to be excited for but an obvious upgrade over Alan Ball. But I think Sensy walks too, so we need another 1.

I'm really upset with the handling of the safety position since Darren Woodson has left. We didn't want to admit that Roy sucked for like 3-4 years, and then every year in the draft there is never a guy good enough to draft. I don't get it.

Yet Abram Elam managed to get away in all of this and go onto to be a really solid starting safety, while we are giving Alan Ball starting chances. Lol.

Comment

It seems like Safety has been our top off-season need forever lol. Luckily next year's safety class looks to have some solid talent; Armstrong, Lester, McDonald, Whitley, etc. Hopefully we can finally invest in a blue chip safety.

On another note I'm not sure what we do with AOA, I just wish they gave him some PT last year even if he wasn't ready. The season was lost, it was a perfect situation to get him in there, ugh.
          Last edited by TheFinisher; 06-29-2011, 11:48 PM.
          Cowboys Mock:

Comment

Anyone know, or know where to find out what our cap number is sitting at? Doesn't even have to be exact. Just curious what are some ideal targets since we'll have 120 on the cap.

Comment

Even without re-signing our own guys we're like $18 million over that $120 million cap. lol.

Cap hell sucks.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-15-2011, 04:37 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Even without re-signing our own guys we're like $18 million over that $120 million cap. lol.

Cap hell sucks.
                So if you consider guys like Doug Free and Stephen Bowen locks, we'll essentially have crap at both safety spots for another year? Wooo hooo pick #17 here we come. Should be fun to hear Tony get blamed for everything again when we let everyone score 30 points.

Comment

So if we're 18 Mil over the cap right now, how the hell do we get under?
                  Cowboys Mock:

Comment

Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                    So if we're 18 Mil over the cap right now, how the hell do we get under?
                    Say hello to Barber/Newman/Roy/Davis/Columbo

Also Romo and Miles and someone else has clauses to turn their bonus's into cap over the life of their contract I believe. That should be close to 10m off the books for 2011 right away. Money isn't going to be a big issue for us. We knew this was coming I expect we'll have a plan in place when the number is set.

Comment

I highly doubt Newman and Roy get cut, as much as I want them 2. The chances are less then 5%.

Comment

Yeah I agree with both there.

If we cut Roy it's an enormous cap hit. That's an insane amount of dead money. Newman saves us money, but I really doubt he's going anywhere.

To get under...Barber and Colombo are certainly gone. That's like $9 million off right there. Leonard Davis only saves us just under $2 million, so they have a decision to make there. And then as Thule said, we'll have to restructure the hell out of our star player's big contracts. That said, re-signing Free, which is a given, may get pricy. Kosier, Bowen, and Hatcher would probably be re-signed as well.

It's going to take a lot of creativity to get things done. It's all up in the air right now, as to how much money we'll really have to spend. Just dont expect us to actually have the money to make a realistic play for anyone like Aso. In comparison, the Eagles are sitting at a total team salary of about $95 millon right now. They can get whatever the hell they want in free agency. And the Skins are going to rape FA anyway with all their cash.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-16-2011, 01:31 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I dont buy it...but so many stories about us having trouble to re-sign Free have been cropping up today. Some even calling it unlikely. The $18 million in the red, is certainly clouding things up, but I'd be shocked if we didnt clear enough cash to keep Free around. He's going to be expensive, but it should get done.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

If you guys don't get help for that secondary, to be quite frank, I think your defense will be middle of the pack. I'm not scared of the Cowboys defense as it stands right now.

And I don't think Rob Ryan alone will make any difference. For what it's worth, Wade's resume as a defensive guru far outweigh's Robs, it's not like Rob is replacing a terrible DC, if anything, Wade was a better DC than Rob will be.

I think Dallas's front 7 is solid. Not dominant, but solid. But that secondary is very suspect right now. And that doesn't bode well with the WR cores of the NFC East.

You guys might have to outscore everybody in the division to win the East. (I know the innate flaw in that statement, but you get what I'm saying)

With that offense though, it's very possible.

Comment

We all know we're in desperate need of secondary help...we just dont know what we'll really have to spend yet. We also need to re-sign Bowen and/or Hatcher, so we can actually man a front 7. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Jonathan Joseph may be a possibility. But he'll still probably require a big pay day.

I still don't get the Tyron Smith pick. I've stated in the past that I'm not a big fan of his, but even if he does pan out, it doesn't make sense unless you don't resign Free.

Bc paying Free big bucks then throwing him at RT doesn't make much sense either.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information