Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*FLASHBACK-Anyone concerned with our speed at MLB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *FLASHBACK-Anyone concerned with our speed at MLB?

I dont think we could possibly have both akin ayodele and bradie james start next year. They are both WAY to slow, honestly does anyone remember when Jon Kitna outran Bradie james, JON KITNA for the love of christ. You can forget about having them cover running backs or TE's. I dont think Wade Phillips is to excited about his MLB's so i expect one of those guys to be replaced(Bradie James) by a speedy LB that has traits comparable to Donnie Edwards.

This is why we'll sign Ken Hamlin, and draft a first round MLB(hopefully Patrick Willis)

Originally posted by DSlay4 View Post
    I dont think we could possibly have both akin ayodele and bradie james start next year. They are both WAY to slow, honestly does anyone remember when Jon Kitna outran Bradie james, JON KITNA for the love of christ. You can forget about having them cover running backs or TE's. I dont think Wade Phillips is to excited about his MLB's so i expect one of those guys to be replaced(Bradie James) by a speedy LB that has traits comparable to Donnie Edwards.

This is why we'll sign Ken Hamlin, and draft a first round MLB(hopefully Patrick Willis)
    From the way our offseason is going...it looks like Carp will be moving to the inside. I would still like to see Burnett on the inside. I think Carp has what it takes to be a SOLB in our scheme...however with the way we are pursuing OLB's it looks like he will be moved inside.

Comment

Carp will unseat one of the two ILBs not before long. I think he's the ideal fit at SILB and have been saying that for a while now. Maybe once Tnew sees this, he'll start announcing it to the world saying he's thought that the whole time.

We don't need Patrick Willis though. We have bigger concerns.

Comment

Sorry, D-Unit and T-New.... there was a person on this board at the end of the season who wrote about this. Can't say I remember but saying same thing as Slay and Marshall Faulk "slow in the middle of the field" and lumped Williams in the same sentence.

Regardless, Ayodele and Carp is a pretty athletic group of big 3-4 ILB. Maybe Burnett slides over WOLB and Ware moves SOLB or frankly they alternate depending on where the strong side is on the play.

By the way, losing Fowler, and possibly Ellis, leaves us thin at LB. Is Singleton even coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
          Sorry, D-Unit and T-New.... there was a person on this board at the end of the season who wrote about this. Can't say I remember but saying same thing as Slay and Marshall Faulk "slow in the middle of the field" and lumped Williams in the same sentence.

Regardless, Ayodele and Carp is a pretty athletic group of big 3-4 ILB. Maybe Burnett slides over WOLB and Ware moves SOLB or frankly they alternate depending on where the strong side is on the play.

By the way, losing Fowler, and possibly Ellis, leaves us thin at LB. Is Singleton even coming back?
          Another reason why I think Carp should stay at ILB. I don't want Singleton back. I think Hoyte should make a permanent move back to ILB as well. We need an OLB. Weakside or Strong side because Ware can play either.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Another reason why I think Carp should stay at ILB. I don't want Singleton back. I think Hoyte should make a permanent move back to ILB as well. We need an OLB. Weakside or Strong side because Ware can play either.
            If you feel that way then we should go OLB by round 2 because you need a starting caliber player ASAP.

So what about Burnett as a starting OLB? You don't seem to think he can play it as a starter.

Comment

Well, apparently Patrick Willis ran a 4.37 at his Pro Day. Is that enough speed?

Comment

obviously he has enough speed, but we wont pick him because we have more important positions to address and I also doubt him being available

Comment

D-Unit, when do I ever copy what you say? The only thing we pretty much agree on is Reggie Nelson, and I liked him for a while before I knew you did. You think Julius is good and fast, I think he is a women and has average speed, you want take tyler at 22, I wouldn't touch him before 50, and you want an OLB, I don't think we should draft one on the first day, because Carp is staying at SOLB.

So yea, I really copy you.......

Comment

We need a pass rusher first. Jarvis Moss anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                      D-Unit, when do I ever copy what you say? The only thing we pretty much agree on is Reggie Nelson, and I liked him for a while before I knew you did. You think Julius is good and fast, I think he is a women and has average speed, you want take tyler at 22, I wouldn't touch him before 50, and you want an OLB, I don't think we should draft one on the first day, because Carp is staying at SOLB.

First, you had doubts on Reggie Nelson the second after he ran his combine 40. That to me showed your disbelief in him. So you weren't always supportive of him, as you claim to be. ...Oh... and I just had to laugh at your Reggie Nelson sig imitation... even down to the same color scheme!!! LMAO!

Secondly, I think Julius has average speed at RB, so don't put words in my mouth like you always do. If you were around last offseason, you know I've always liked MB3 more than Julius. If we can trade JJ and get value back, I'm all for it. I just doubt that we would be able to get fair value. If we can trade him and somehow be able to draft Antonio Pittman, I'd be a happy man.

Third, yes. I did want Tyler at 22 and especially after the Senior Bowl weigh in, when he came in at 322 pounds. But at the time Nelson was projected to go way before our pick at 22. I've always maintained that I preferred Nelson over Tyler. Just didn't think it was a reality until recently. Do I believe Tyler is worth the 22 pick now? Yes and no. Yes, I think it would be ok to take him, but no because I think we can get him in a trade down, so I don't think it would be the very best move to draft him at 22. However, Nelson has to be off the board at 22 to even consider it.

You say you wouldn't touch Tyler before 50, but you want us to trade up for Branch??? I haven't heard you bring up Branch in that frame of mind, until I said that I thought we should do it. ...and why would you? If you don't wanna touch Tyler until 50 that to me says you don't consider NT to be our #1 need. I think it is, and I have stated is many times before. I got bashed for the thought by the many Jason Ferguson supporters. Yet, now you want to trade up for Branch? Yeah... sure buddy.

You saw my debate with LSU on why we should not take a corner in the first round and you pulled out your Ricola trumpet and started emphasizing 100xs over why we shouldn't take a corner in round 1. But I see recently you've changed your mind... as easily moldable as it is... once guys started talking about how they like Scott's Chris Houtson pick. There you showed up saying, I don't want a corner, unless it's Houston. LOL!!! Now, I'm not on the Houston bandwagon like you cause I maintain that we shouldn't spend a CB on round 1. My only thing is... if the CB can play FS, like Ross, then I'm for it. Now things might change if anything happens with Hamlin, but I'll wait on that.

I'm glad you don't agree with me on Carp's future position... but I wonder how long until you change your mind or come out and say, you've liked him at ILB the whole time! HAHAHA!

But you know what, whether you agree or disagree with me is perfectly fine. I don't find glory in it either way. Just the same, I agree and disagree with the things other people say here too. I just like people to be thoughtful and consistent in some of their thinking. You change your opinion depending on which way the wind blows.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmcquade View Post
                        We need a pass rusher first. Jarvis Moss anyone
                        Yeah, many of us like Moss here. I'll take him if Nelson is off the board and we don't trade down. But I doubt he lasts until 22 anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post

HAHA Geez I was really hoping you were gonna come out and admit it...but still old same cowboysforever in there. It's alright robertinbigd you've matured up abit and adapted to the board I can respect that. I think it was pretty obvious to the rest of us this is your 3rd or 4th s/n...no means to be ashamed man you've came along ways.

Burnett starting at OLB in a 3-4 defense would scare me. I still love him playing 50% of the defensive snaps playing as our coverage backer. To this day I dont' understand why he is backing up Ware...but I have a feeling that may change in TC when Wade gets a look at our defense playing in pads.

The longer this offseason goes on the bigger weakness our OLB position seems to be. I really think that if we are looking at a rush backer that Spencer should be our guy. I think he just has another dimension as the other rush backers in this draft. Moss has decent hips and a array of moves...but doesn't really have that initial punch. Moses has stiff hips and although he could make the transition...the curve looks a bit to big for me. I love woodley as a player...but his height will always be a concern for me...unless we are gonna draft him specifically as a rush backer...similar to the way Anderson was utilized in Chicago. I have a feeling I'm forgetting someone...but can't pull it off the top of my head. I just then Spencer is the complete package. Spencer probably has the most balanced guys I mentioned..I think he would be the guy to make the biggest impact from day one of the other projects listed. He has been my #1 RLB since the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post

youre on his dick so hard and you always copy everything he says and you flip flop more than john kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                              youre on his dick so hard and you always copy everything he says and you flip flop more than john kerry.
                              Sounds like a rap song.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information