This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
    Not at all. So you would be happy with knowing that you've beaten the team before, but when it was do or die, you **** the bed. That would very unsettling and be very telling of the coaching staff/players.
    I'd be a heeeelluva lot happier because I'd know factually that 2 out of 3 times we win and are overall the better team. Any team decent team can win 1 out 3 chances. Losing 3 times in 1 season? Disgraceful. Embarrassing. Painful. Suicidal.

But what is there to be afraid of? Really...? You and your QB (who cost you the big game with his bad passing) are the choke team of the decade. As Thumper likes to say... history is not a predictor, but it rhymes. lol. You've got a decade worth of data to back that up. Romo's got 3 years... barely out of the infancy of his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post

But I'm serious. Beating you guys 3 times in a row is going to be SUPER tough. We were 12-3 and beat the Giants twice 2 years ago... then faced them in the playoffs and were beaten like rag. It's hard even if this was the Detroit Lions we're talking about. In the NFL... the odds are simply against us.

My Eagles prediction was not way off. 1 win difference.

Um, what?

Originally Posted by D-Unit
      2 Team Race. The fight for the NFC East Crown will boil down to 2 teams. The Dallas Cowboys and the NY Giants
      Quote:
      13 Sun, Dec 6 @ Atlanta (5-4) L - This is probably the most pivotal game for Philly the rest of the year. Win this and this post prediction could blow up.
      14 Sun, Dec 13 @ NY Giants (5-4) L - Giants on the road? Not buying it.
      15 Sun, Dec 20 vs San Francisco (4-5) W - A good win at home.
      16 Sun, Dec 27 vs Denver (6-3) W - Orton may be out as well as Denver's chances of making the playoffs.
      17 Sun, Jan 3 @ Dallas (6-3) L - Riding a 2 game winning streak will give the Eagles confidence, but it's not going to happen again. Stealing a line from Creek's sig, "This is our year!" I miss that guy.

9-7 is a respectable season, but ultimately leave the Eagles at home in the playoffs.
      No because Dallas only has to win 2 more games to make it to the playoffs. You guys need to win 3, and since I don't think you're winning in Dallas, that means you need to win 3 out of the next 4. ...with the next 2 on the road. Tough. 9-7 is your fate. Green Bay is taking the Wild card away from you.
      Quote:
      Eagles last 4 games:
      @ NY Giants: L
      SF 49ers: W
      Den. Broncos: L
      @ Dal. Cowboys: L
      Call me when you beat the 49ers. I said you'd finish 9-7 and I'm still not out of it.
      You WILL NOT be 11-4 heading into the Cowboys game. You WILL NOT!

Which of these predictions are you counting?
      Wooooowwww.....owned.

Got you there, D. Epic ownment of the highest order.
      Originally posted by 21ST
      He was protecting his self
      Originally posted by tjsunstein
      From what? His leg?
      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        I'd be a heeeelluva lot happier because I'd know factually that 2 out of 3 times we win and are overall the better team. Any team decent team can win 1 out 3 chances. Losing 3 times in 1 season? Disgraceful. Embarrassing. Painful. Suicidal.

But what is there to be afraid of? Really...? You and your QB (who cost you the big game with his bad passing) are the choke team of the decade. As Thumper likes to say... history is not a predictor, but it rhymes. lol. You've got a decade worth of data to back that up. Romo's got 3 years... barely out of the infancy of his career.
        We've gotten far enough to choke, which is WAY more than you can say. It has been just a good overall decade for the Eagles, and you have to be happy with where the franchise is headed as well. History may say the Eagles choke, but it also says that the Cowboys don't show up when it matters. And please do not bring up Superbowl's when you were going through puberty.

You may have factually beat us 2 out of 3 times if we win on Sunday, but you lost your only goal of the season. That goal is to be a Superbowl champion. And to get to the SB, you need to break your 13 year slump. You get a certificate of participation for playing in regular season games.

Romo's been a starter long enough to wish he has accomplished as much as McNabb. Romo wont even accomplish the feats that McNabb has. It's not like he is 25 either. Tony is 29, soon to be 30. How many more elite seasons can you expect from? Please take into regard he is not an elite talent like Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady.

Comment

• A 29 year old QB is old now? There's at least 5(+/- 2-3 yrs) good years left of Romo...and if there's not a backup or plan in place in 3 years then the front office is to blame. Regardless...Here's what's going to happen.

Dallas Fan: Eagles haven't won anything.
          Eagles Fan: Neither have the boys in a decade
          Dallas Fan: Eagles have choked when it counted.
          Eagles Fan: Romo & Co. haven't showed up in big games.
          Dallas Fan: Boys won two games, what makes you can win 3?
          Eagles Fan: ......... Boys choke in big games.

Repeat all week.

Etc, etc...neither team has won anything in recent. Eagles will go round and round and say they're the better team, and that the 'boys are prime for a beatdown. We'll believe in the 'Boys and hope for the best.

Saturday will come....Game will be played(I'll be there.....shouting!!!!). One team will win...the other will be left to wonder if they can get to this point next year. Hopefully the loser won't say "The better team lost today..if it wasn't for ____ and ______ and ______, we would've won that game"(Shoutout to Thumper!)

Fun eh?
          Last edited by FreshBoy!; 01-04-2010, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Why don't we all just **** and make some sig bets? Who's in?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
              Wooooowwww.....owned.

Got you there, D. Epic ownment of the highest order.
              Don't worry, my self-esteem is still in check. haha. I can take it being wrong. It comes with the territory. No guts, no glory, right? :)

Bottom line is that as a forum Administrator, I successfully sparked another great conversation piece for the health of the forum.

Stir the pot. That's what I do. ;)
              Last edited by D-Unit; 01-05-2010, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• HAHAHAHA...copied from another board...

So let me get all the responses out of the way….
                McNabb was “off”.
                Defensive gameplan was purposely “vanilla”.
                Injuries are why the Eagles lost.
                We’re not that good of a team.
                Et cetera, Et cetera, Et cetera….

…And personal responses….
                We’re all “banwagon” fans.
                We don’t even live in Dallas.
                We’re all morons, whom are below you erstwhile classy, and overall “better” fans.
                We haven’t won a playoff game since Jesus died.
                44-6.

The fall from your horses must’ve been long and painful. But, hey, there’s always next week.
                Is there any he missed?

Comment

• I updated my sig a bit more extensive, where is old Burnsy anyway :D

Sig bets is an awesome idea!! I need to figure out what crazy sig I could come up with, maybe if I win D can whip up a quick 2 min paintshop sig that looks like crap just 2 piss them off even more :D

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Bottom line is that as a forum Administrator, I successfully sparked another great conversation piece for the health of the forum.

Stir the pot. That's what I do. ;)
                    In retrospect, this proclamation has turned out to be equivalent to:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                      In retrospect, this proclamation has turned out to be equivalent to:

Where you found that pic I'll never know, but that was hilarious. I know what you're saying by it. ;)

Comment

• Everybody just be cool, the game is going to be played on the field in Dallas on Saturday. Nothing we can do about it here except speculate. Treat each other with respect, next time infractions will definitely be handed out.

Comment

• I'm sorry but I have to play devil's advocate here for a second. What if we go out there and lay an egg? I'd definitely think Wade would be gone, what would we do then? Shannahan is gone but I wasn't really a fan anyways. Who would be next? Garrett?
                          Last edited by diesel; 01-08-2010, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            No it wasn't, it probably seems like it should be, but it's not. That's why he's easily the biggest most annoying homer on the entire forums by far. At least it's in good humor when people like you, or Scotty do it, but he takes the cake.
                            Check the date on the post and compare it to the date the 2nd game was played on.

01-02-2010, 12:17 AM
                            That's Eastern time. The 24-0 game was played on January 3rd. Unless Thumper can see into the future and make excuses for a future loss (actually, that second part might not be so far-fetched), then it was about the first game.
                            Last edited by Sniper; 01-08-2010, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel View Post
                              I'm sorry but I have to play devil's advocate here for a second. What if we go out there and lay an egg? I'd definitely think Wade would be gone, what would we do then? Shannahan is gone but I wasn't really a fan anyways. Who would be next? Garrett?
                              No. Bill Cowher. I would LOVE that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                Check the date on the post and compare it to the date the 2nd game was played on.

That's Eastern time. The 24-0 game was played on January 3rd. Unless Thumper can see into the future and make excuses for a future loss (actually, that second part might not be so far-fetched), then it was about the first game.
                                1-3

The Cowboys weren't especially good, I mean look they only put up 24 points when the Eagles might as well have not been there. McNabb, Andy Reid, Sean McDermott and the receivers all choked and had Andy Reid run the ball, McNabb not have choked, McDermott brought pressure all game and the receivers caught those balls, this is a completely different story right now one that ends with the Eagles getting a bye week and the division title.

1-4

Your Cowboys aren't better than the Eagles and yesterdays game showef nobody anything that says the Cowboys are going to beat the Eagles on Saturday. Maybe if you stop letting your pride get in the way you could see that, or maybe if you took off those blue and silver 3-D glasses Jerry gave you. The Eagles shot themselves in the foot the Cowboys simply watched it happen and like I've said many times, if the Eagles connect on those missed oppurtunities the Eagles win

1-5

I think it is fair to say that the Eagles had many more missteps than the Cowboys did, McNabb in particular refused to get rid of the ball

In short the game wouldn't have been a blowout had the Eagles connected on the plays they typically make

BLAH BLAH EXCUSES BLAH EXCUSES let it go.....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information