This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
    I think part of the reason that he fell was that WR wasn't this huge need for a lot of teams. It was a need that some teams could/should use, but no one had a big glaring need for one outside of a few teams that had glaring needs everywhere.
    If Cincy didn't land Antonio Bryant i don't think there was any chance he made it to NE's pick. Cincy doesn't give a damn about character and they need a future #1 guy.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Yeah Cincy probably would have gotten him. I'm sure Carson and Chad would have been pushing for the front office to take the guy.
      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        Where did you hear that? You sure do like exclamation points eh?
        Don't worry about where I heard it. I don't come in here telling stories.

As for exclamation points? Bad day

Comment

• I see on the Cowboys website that the rookies where given numbers.

Any chance the NFL let's Lee keep #45 for the season?

Comment

• DMN saying Dez had a "Rough" first workout. He caught everything & made a spectacular catch.

Okay, he's not in the best of shape, but it's just the first workout!

Comment

• Originally posted by DallCowby1 View Post
              Don't worry about where I heard it. I don't come in here telling stories.

As for exclamation points? Bad day
              It was about time for another ******* to join the forum, nice

First-round pick Dez Bryant has reportedly "looked out of shape" at Cowboys rookie minicamp.
              He's still making big-time plays, though. ESPN's Tim MacMahon points out that Bryant "has caught everything," and has looked "exciting" in punt return drills. Bryant also appeared to be out of shape at his Pro Day in late March. It's scary to think how good he'll be once his conditioning is in order.
              Source: Tim MacMahon on Twitter

Good thing is he can work himself into the line-up, being out of shape isn't a huge concern since we aren't relying on him to start. Once that gets up to speed, he'll start to challenge for a starting roll.

This also via DMN:

The Cowboys are close to wrapping up their first of two workouts today with the rookies, and Dez Bryant has struggled.

DEZBRYANT1_14023989.JPG

He's caught just about everything thrown his way, including a spectacular, one-handed grab with his left hand on a ball thrown on a comeback route. It looked like he stabbed his arm out to catch a nerf ball, not a football.

But after almost every route, Bryant has walked off to the side of the field to rest. After one play he took off his helmet, used it to prop himself up and bent down on one knee for nearly a minute. He would constantly take his helmet off and wipe his face with a towel during drills when the other rookies would not.

At one point, Wade Phillips said, "Come on, 88'' from the other side of the field.

Could make for a long second session.

Photo by Michael Ainsworth / DMN
              Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 04-30-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• So I read the Boys think that Robert Brewster has the feet to play LT. They are planning to give him reps there. I could only guess that that will probably mean that he has a chance to be our swing tackle. I know some of you used to think that was a crazy thought for him to be a LT type. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Also read that Wade thinks Sean Lee can play either ILB position...Mike or Mo and that he's a 3 down player.

If all we get is Dez and Sean to become future starters, then this draft will be ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  So I read the Boys think that Robert Brewster has the feet to play LT. They are planning to give him reps there. I could only guess that that will probably mean that he has a chance to be our swing tackle. I know some of you used to think that was a crazy thought for him to be a LT type. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Also read that Wade thinks Sean Lee can play either ILB position...Mike or Mo and that he's a 3 down player.

If all we get is Dez and Sean to become future starters, then this draft will be ok.

It would be a good sign for Brewster if he could do that, sucked he got hurt so damn early last year. Maybe we have something with him, it would be nice. We need a good back-up on the left and right so if he could do that it would help out a great deal.

Comment

• Dez being out of shape is somewhat understandable. He hasn't played football for a long time, so he'll need to get back in the swing of things to get his cardio back. Him making big plays is nice to hear though.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Yea you can't simulate football shape, so that isn't surprising at all. In all honestly if the WR battle is fair he could easily supplant Roy E by September if he continues to make plays all summer. Ray Sherman had some very high praise for him and he's coached some HOF WR's up to this point.

Their going to stay on him and ride his ass which is just what he needs, we'll be able to tell what type of progression there is from these, to OTA's, to TC in July.

Comment

• [QUOTE=LonghornsLegend;2157927]It was about time for another ******* to join the forum, nice

Been registered on this website since 2005! That's long enough to know who the ******** are on this forum.

Comment

• [QUOTE=DallCowby1;2158532]
                          Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          It was about time for another ******* to join the forum, nice

Been registered on this website since 2005! That's long enough to know who the ******** are on this forum.
                          Dunit and Longhorn are big names around here, you are a dumbass!!

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Originally posted by frubulubu View Post

I know who they are! Am I supposed to be impressed? That's thrown out the window when one of them posted that Golden Tate would be a better WR than Dez Bryant! Flashbacks to the Bobby Carpenter campaign back in '06!

This is Scott Wright's Draft Countdown website. He is the only "BIG" name on here.

I'm here talking COWBOYS football again! The same people every year! You don't agee with the flow they have going. OR, bring something else to the table, it immediately get's tossed! Now with a new wrinkle, you get called names.

---------------------------
                            This is all because I stated that I had heard that Dallas tried to trade up into the 3rd rd.
                            Because I would not say from who I heard this info. I get tagged as an *******. Nice

Then I get docked Reputation points by Longhorn for being a jack*** (as he put it) & for not showing respect according to Frubulubu!

Everyone on here is friends according to Longhorn. Go back and look at my post leading up this one. Where am I out of line? I did not use language! I did not attack anyone.
                            Last edited by DallCowby1; 05-01-2010, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=frubulubu;2158542]
                              Originally posted by DallCowby1 View Post

hahahaha. that was funny in a cute way. thanks, but DC1 is right.

Keep on postin' the way you do DC1.

Comment

• Originally posted by DallCowby1 View Post
                                I know who they are! Am I supposed to be impressed? That's thrown out the window when one of them posted that Golden Tate would be a better WR than Dez Bryant! Flashbacks to the Bobby Carpenter campaign back in '06!

This is Scott Wright's Draft Countdown website. He is the only "BIG" name on here.

I'm here talking COWBOYS football again! The same people every year! You don't agee with the flow they have going. OR, bring something else to the table, it immediately get's tossed! Now with a new wrinkle, you get called names.

---------------------------
                                This is all because I stated that I had heard that Dallas tried to trade up into the 3rd rd.
                                Because I would not say from who I heard this info. I get tagged as an *******. Nice

Then I get docked Reputation points by Longhorn for being a jack*** (as he put it) & for not showing respect according to Frubulubu!

Everyone on here is friends according to Longhorn. Go back and look at my post leading up this one. Where am I out of line? I did not use language! I did not attack anyone.

Longhorn can come off as a jerk sometimes lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information