Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something interesting for you guys to hear..

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...3CA140F5FBC093

Cowboys Assistant DB Coach Brett Maxie On Barry Church...
    "I'm going to try to work him at both (safety spots) because he's got enough athletic ability to play on the weak side," Maxie said. "Our strong safety is the guy we ask to do most of the coverage."

I'm sure most of you thought that our FS would be held most responsible for coverage... I did.

This speaks volumns.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Something interesting for you guys to hear..

"I'm going to try to work him at both (safety spots) because he's got enough athletic ability to play on the weak side," Maxie said. "Our strong safety is the guy we ask to do most of the coverage."

I'm sure most of you thought that our FS would be held most responsible for coverage... I did.

This speaks volumns.
      Yeah it does. I wonder how that will change with AOA coming in. I figured that the FS would be responsible for most of the coverage too.
      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• They bring in stats that you never thought could be brought out. Where a website has players ranked is sometimes down right funny.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Something interesting for you guys to hear..

This speaks volumns.

Sensy is our SS. He was asked to cover the TEs 1 on 1 a lot last year. It's very similar to the SOLB...they have more coverage responsibilities because they are on the "strong" side of the field where the TE/WRs are to unbalance the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
            Sensy is our SS. He was asked to cover the TEs 1 on 1 a lot last year. It's very similar to the SOLB...they have more coverage responsibilities because they are on the "strong" side of the field where the TE/WRs are to unbalance the line.
            Oh is that what "strong" side means?

The thing about his statement that confused me is that it made me believe that the FS is the "in the box" guy and the SS is the centerfielder.

But I think you interpreted it more correctly in that he meant "more coverage" meant having to cover the TE. NOT that "more coverage" meant being the centerfielder.

Carry on people... it was a matter of semantics that threw me off. Our FS still has to have better coverage skills. The SS has more coverage assignments...I guess is what Maxie was saying.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-carpenter/

Two first-round disappointments may get traded for one another soon.

PFT has learned from a league source that the Rams and Cowboys have discussed a trade that would send tackle Alex Barron to Dallas for linebacker Bobby Carpenter.

Carpenter was limited to passing downs last year, and has rarely contributed much to the Cowboys attack. Barron is a false start machine, but has started 74 games in five seasons.

There are contractual issues at play for both players that may need to get resolved. Carpenter is entering the final year of his rookie contract. Barron is a restricted free agent.

While this is only a rumor for now, we hear the deal has a good chance of getting done.
              Please let this happen!!!! This will just top off an already great offseason. Give us the much needed depth on the line, and will give Houck options, all the while getting rid of a disappointing player in Barbie in a crowded position. This is win/win.

Now if only we can sign Atwoge to mentor AOA for 2 years!
              Last edited by FreshBoy!; 05-06-2010, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• I was just reading this news, I would be so ******* happy if this could happen :D

Carpenter is close to being cut, I would gladly take some Tackle depth, or hell ANYONE for him at this point. I don't want to get too excited yet, but I really hope we push to get this done.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Hope this gets done.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Bodes well for Sean Lee. :) 'Barbie' is a terrible 3-4 backer. A change of scenery to a 4-3 team with low expectations actually may be a perfect fit. And for Barron perhaps the removal of all expectations and having Houck as a coach might motivate him into becoming a starting caliber player. He's at minimum a good swing tackle (backup). Average starter at this stage.

Perhaps we toss in Crayton and receive Atogwe in return -_- :D
                    Originally posted by D-Unit
                    I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Barron is freaking garbage...but I'd do it. Helps the crappy depth here and gets rid of Carp. Like I said in the other thread, I wish we'd throw in Hurd. That receiving core is awful, he can get some real play there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• This NEEDS to happen. Barron is trash at the moment, but expectations here would be low and maybe he could revive his career with a new start.

Carpenter in the 4-3 is where he fits best. Lining next to another OSU alum Laurinaitis should be nice for him too.

Comment

• The problem with Barron is largely mental. He gave up a league leading 14 penalties last year. 2 more than Flozell.

He's always had the athleticism to make you drool. His technique may not be up to par, but that says something considering how long he's been in the league.

He gave up 7 sacks last year. If you calculate sacks given up per snap, then he did better than guys like Jason Peters, Ryan Clady, Branden Albert, Bryant McKinnie, Eugene Monroe, Jordan Gross, Mike Gandy, Levi Jones, Jermon Bushrod, Max Starks and Flozell... amongst others.

So while he has some big time warts, there is at least some potential for him here as a back up. I'm all for it if it means getting rid of a liability like Carp.

Comment

• Nothing at all wrong with getting an average OT to provide depth and you only have to give up a player that not is in your future plans and you have depth there.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Barron is freaking garbage...but I'd do it. Helps the crappy depth here and gets rid of Carp. Like I said in the other thread, I wish we'd throw in Hurd. That receiving core is awful, he can get some real play there.
                              Why would you want to throw in another player if they would just take Barbie? I want Hurd to get his chance eventually also but I don't want to just give him away if their set on something as is.

And Carpenter is garbage too, but I'd gladly take another garbage player at a position we need alot more and hope a change of scenery helps. He's just depth anyway and wouldn't start unless something seriously went wrong.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                Why would you want to throw in another player if they would just take Barbie? I want Hurd to get his chance eventually also but I don't want to just give him away if their set on something as is.

And Carpenter is garbage too, but I'd gladly take another garbage player at a position we need alot more and hope a change of scenery helps. He's just depth anyway and wouldn't start unless something seriously went wrong.
                                Hurd's probably going to get cut, that's why I'd throw him in. I love Hurd but, I hate the fact that he's buried on the depth chart and he's never going to get a real shot in Dallas. St. Louis would be a great situation for him. If things stay as is, and Crayton stays, that means Hurd would be the 6 WR. That means he would be inactive damn near every game if we kept 6. I dont want to see that happen to him.

And I never said I was opposed to the trade...I've wanted Carpenter out of here for some time. Just pointing out that Barron blows...it's a bust for a bust. No one is expecting Barron to start or anything.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information