Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ocatvien and Brent in on that one. I forgot Brent was out there...hard to miss him, though.

    And yeah, the 2nd/3rd units play is night and day from last year. They all look good.

    Thanks BoneKrusher^

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

    Comment


    • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      Stephen Mcgee is not even close to being ready to backup Romo yet. The guy doesnt make any reads...he just tunnels into one player and it's either going there, or he's taking off.

      I keep screaming at him to look the field over. His head never moves.

      It's not like Kitna wasn't trash though. We should be excited about McGee, is he ready to be a starter? Hell no, but he looks 10x better then he did last year at this time and that's all you can ask. It's not like he came from a pro style offense so he doesn't have that experience, and Garrett's offense is very complicated.


      All I wanted to see was some growth, I won't nit pick him about little things that starting QB's are doing because he's not ready to be a starter in only his 2nd year. He was very accurate with most of his throws, had some good zip on the ball, and has alot of athleticism similiar to Romo back there.





      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

      Comment


      • Poor Jamar Wall on that 4th and 17. Oh well, he had a nice play against T.O. earlier so it's not a total loss. His total game seems to be a good one, and the same can be said for other rookies and 2nd year players. I liked Brewster's quickness.
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

        Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          It's not like Kitna wasn't trash though. We should be excited about McGee, is he ready to be a starter? Hell no, but he looks 10x better then he did last year at this time and that's all you can ask. It's not like he came from a pro style offense so he doesn't have that experience, and Garrett's offense is very complicated.


          All I wanted to see was some growth, I won't nit pick him about little things that starting QB's are doing because he's not ready to be a starter in only his 2nd year. He was very accurate with most of his throws, had some good zip on the ball, and has alot of athleticism similiar to Romo back there.
          Excited? He hasnt looked that good at all. He started off completing a couple of wide open throws...since then, he's done nothing. And like I said, the guy's head does not move, he doesnt go through his reads. His tunnel vision is horrible. That is not a little thing...he doesnt go through his progressions. He stares down his targets. And he tends to look at his feet when he scrambles.

          I'll agree, I'm happy that he's made some accurate throws...but he's staring down everyone.

          Thanks BoneKrusher^

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

          Comment


          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Excited? He hasnt looked that good at all. He started off completing a couple of wide open throws...since then, he's done nothing. And like I said, the guy's head does not move, he doesnt go through his reads. His tunnel vision is horrible. That is not a little thing...he doesnt go through his progressions. He stares down his targets. And he tends to look at his feet when he scrambles.

            I'll agree, I'm happy that he's made some accurate throws...but he's staring down everyone.

            How good do you think Romo, or Matt Moore looked in their 2nd pre-season in the NFL? Let's remember he's playing with 3's across the board, lineman, WR's, everyone.





            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              How good do you think Romo, or Matt Moore looked in their 2nd pre-season in the NFL?
              They both went through their reads...watch Mcgee, he doesnt look the field over at all. It's a problem. In Moore's case, he looked fantastic in his first preseason. He looked like a pro QB...Mcgee has a long way to go.

              edit...as for who he's playing with. He's had Hurd, Ogletree, and Phillips. But that's beside the point, his head doesnt move. That's the major thing here, he doesnt go through any progressions.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • Backup defense doin' work.

                Comment


                • I'm going to give him time and the accuracy is encouraging...but the fact that his tunnel vision is still this bad in year 2, is very discouraging.

                  Brandon Sharpe! woot

                  Thanks BoneKrusher^

                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

                  Comment


                  • Damn that pick was a beauty! With all the backup linebackers making plays tonight, I bet that Sean Lee is going to show something special Thursday.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

                    Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Gribble View Post
                      Backup defense doin' work.
                      And we're missing Lee and AOA. These kids have really improved.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • Brandon Williams sure is looking fast off of that edge...even faster when his hand is on the ground.

                        And there is Vic Butler!

                        I love our backup OLBs!

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • Haha welcome to the NFL Nichols

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            And we're missing Lee and AOA. These kids have really improved.
                            Are they gonna play Thursday? Damn 2 games in a week gotta love it :D


                            It really is a testament to how our back-up units have improved in just a year. We got our ass beat by the Raiders when our 1's came out, now guys were flying all over the place, and sans that Shipleyzzzz PR we shut them out.


                            I couldn't get a good read on Jason Williams though because we have Leon Williams playing the same position and both wear numbers in the 50's, so I couldn't tell them apart.





                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Are they gonna play Thursday? Damn 2 games in a week gotta love it :D


                              It really is a testament to how our back-up units have improved in just a year. We got our ass beat by the Raiders when our 1's came out, now guys were flying all over the place, and sans that Shipleyzzzz PR we shut them out.


                              I couldn't get a good read on Jason Williams though because we have Leon Williams playing the same position and both wear numbers in the 50's, so I couldn't tell them apart.
                              I have no idea if they're playing Thursday. I wouldnt be surprised either way.

                              Both Williams' played well. I heard Jason has been a little lost here and there in camp, but he didnt make any glaring mistakes tonight and he played well on ST as well. I thought he looked good in the base defense.

                              And wow....I just saw Phillips may have torn his acl. Guy must have an insanely high pan tolerance because, he didnt look like he was in pain. What a big blow this would be.

                              Thanks BoneKrusher^

                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

                              Comment


                              • Damn, I just read that also, talk about a blow :( Not that it hurts our chances that much because he was a 2nd or 3rd TE, but talk about a promising young player who was constantly getting better and you can't help but feel bad. He was about to take Bennett's job. Good thing TE is one of those positions where it's not that big a deal, but he was a weapon as a 2nd TE.





                                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information