X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
    If Fasano is JAG ... what is Bennett?

Kids an idiot and I am a great sourCe.

With respect to the other, by 23, I was getting my MBA at a top 5 Business School. So.....
    I'm the President of the United States.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble View Post
      I'm the President of the United States.
      Well, you are doing a crappy job.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
        I didn't like giving up on Fasano so quick either, that's why I'd rather them stick with Bennett. They don't need to make the same mistake twice. Fasano isn't going to light the league on fire, but what's the point of getting rid of a high draft pick so quick? It's too late for Fasano, but not so for Martellus.
        FWIW, it is very clear Martellus is much more talented than Fasano but talent don't mean much when you don't understand assignments or fail to block when asked to.

Comment

FWIW, it is very clear Martellus is much more talented than Fasano but talent don't mean much when you don't understand assignments or fail to block when asked to.
          Bennett blocks like a trucker. I haven't seen him drop a pass. I haven't seen him get much opportunity to either though.

If he can't get involved in the offense as much as guys like Phillips did last year, then he must be behind in the mental aspect of the game.

This is his 3rd year. He should flourish. I shouldn't have said I wanted to trade him earlier, but that is how I felt. I think we could've gotten better value out of a 2nd rounder this year than what he will provide... but I still think he'll provide good enough as a 2nd TE. ...if that makes sense. Basically, give me the 2nd rounder before addressing the 2nd TE. That's what I wanted. Phillips, Sicko, even Fasano were fine enough for me as a 2nd TE.

Comment

• I dont know if you guys saw it...but AOA and Lee are out tomorrow.

So are Bennett and Sicko...so expect to see a lot of the receivers.

Barron is also out with that ankle injury. He looked like ass last week anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Bennett blocks like a trucker. I haven't seen him drop a pass. I haven't seen him get much opportunity to either though.

If he can't get involved in the offense as much as guys like Phillips did last year, then he must be behind in the mental aspect of the game.

This is his 3rd year. He should flourish. I shouldn't have said I wanted to trade him earlier, but that is how I felt. I think we could've gotten better value out of a 2nd rounder this year than what he will provide... but I still think he'll provide good enough as a 2nd TE. ...if that makes sense. Basically, give me the 2nd rounder before addressing the 2nd TE. That's what I wanted. Phillips, Sicko, even Fasano were fine enough for me as a 2nd TE.
              Well, if Bennett is such a good blocker why all the hand wringing over Phillips?

From what I saw, Phillips was the better blocker and he is both smaller and less athletic than MB.

I just hate when we fall in love with guys who simply don't prove themselves and project them further than they seem to be able to go.

MB is classic example.

Comment

• I know i was riding the Jermichael Finley that entire off-season and was pissed immediately after that we didn't take him if we wanted another TE. That's all I talked about the weeks after the draft was over. Then again, I'm glad he gets to be the man in GB because he wouldn't get that type of production here.

That said, I'm not giving up on Marty B yet, he showed as a rookie what type of player he can be, he just needs to focus, he's way too young and has only played 2 years for everyone to be jumping ship. He may always be just potential who never reaches it, but it's way too early to close the book.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

If Fasano is JAG ... what is Bennett?

Kids an idiot and I am a great sourCe.

With respect to the other, by 23, I was getting my MBA at a top 5 Business School. So.....
                  As you said, Bennett has much more upside than Fasano. And yes, he's made mental errors, but I still tend to believe that a young immature kid that came from a school that ran the football and had a very unsophisticated passing game still has tons of room to grow.

I was in graduate school at 23, too, so what? Not everyone matures at the same rate. And frankly, based on many of your posts, I'm not convinced your maturity level has risen to the level of your age.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Well, if Bennett is such a good blocker why all the hand wringing over Phillips?

From what I saw, Phillips was the better blocker and he is both smaller and less athletic than MB.

I just hate when we fall in love with guys who simply don't prove themselves and project them further than they seem to be able to go.

MB is classic example.
                    Phillips was a pretty good player for us last year. Played mistake free football and maximized his opportunity. He got more attention than just getting noticed for blocking. I think he was more mentally prepared for the league adjustment than Bennett was. Or maybe it was circumstances that allowed Phillips to get more opportunity than Bennett. I really don't know. Just taking a guess there.

I know you hate falling in love with guys who don't prove themselves, but you were wrong when you hated Romo and you did the exact same thing on Miles Austin. So.... I don't think it's a philosophical thing you're dealing with here... Rather just some stance that you've decided to take that you don't like Bennett.

I like Bennett, but my patience on him is running thin. I can admit that.

Comment

I didn't like giving up on Fasano so quick either, that's why I'd rather them stick with Bennett. They don't need to make the same mistake twice. Fasano isn't going to light the league on fire, but what's the point of getting rid of a high draft pick so quick? It's too late for Fasano, but not so for Martellus.
                      Got to agree with E-Man here, Fasano was a textbook blocking TE from the Parcells era for his 2-TE Heavy Jumbo sets, any passes he caught were icing on the cake. Defenses underrated him too, every time he caught one he was wide ******* open, hated to see him go.

So, does the TE shortage mean Sicko, concussed or not, has a secure roster spot? Are the Boys going to live off the TE waiver wire when the cuts start coming? If so I'm hoping for my homeboy Collin Peek, UDFA of the Falcons who is battling for their 3rd TE spot while playing already hurt...... Hey, we Dallas fans can relate. Won't happen -- he's from Atlanta & wants to play there.

Anybody want to do a separate thread for realtime caustic commentary on tonight's game, Raiders @ Dallas? It's a 6:00 game on the Left Coast but we're getting it on CBS as well as a local Bay Area broadcast.

Comment

• I'm really crossing my fingers that no serious injuries happen tonight.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                          Got to agree with E-Man here, Fasano was a textbook blocking TE from the Parcells era for his 2-TE Heavy Jumbo sets, any passes he caught were icing on the cake. Defenses underrated him too, every time he caught one he was wide ******* open, hated to see him go.

So, does the TE shortage mean Sicko, concussed or not, has a secure roster spot? Are the Boys going to live off the TE waiver wire when the cuts start coming? If so I'm hoping for my homeboy Collin Peek, UDFA of the Falcons who is battling for their 3rd TE spot while playing already hurt...... Hey, we Dallas fans can relate. Won't happen -- he's from Atlanta & wants to play there.

Anybody want to do a separate thread for realtime caustic commentary on tonight's game, Raiders @ Dallas? It's a 6:00 game on the Left Coast but we're getting it on CBS as well as a local Bay Area broadcast.
                          Sicko should have a secure spot, yes. Phillips plays in an H-Back role for us. He'll line up in a number of places...Sicko is that same type of player. We had three TEs with unique personal skill sets. Sicko does the same things Phillips would have done.

If Chris Gronkowski can perform in an H-back role...maybe he makes it, but Sicko will more than likely be kept. There is no one else, and he's not that bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I'm really crossing my fingers that no serious injuries happen tonight.
                            Can you imagine if Witten went down. OH my. WTF would we do? :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Game isnt on in my area...but anyway...Romo's been sacked 3 times in the first ******* quarter?!?!?!!?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• if you go to channelsurfing.net you can watch it online. OL just got worked

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information