X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Time to cut Stephen McGee.
    First pick of the 4th round is cursed for us.

But anyone who saw him play, actually throw a ball, knows he is not an NFL QB.

Comment

• The revamped Raiders defense looked a lot better, especially Lamarr Houston who wanted to put on a show for his friends & relatives at the game in Texas. Those really were coverage sacks, the receivers on the 1st team had trouble getting separation.

Except for Austin who made that circus catch, best individual effort from any team this preseason so far.

Raiders offense was inept, Campbell his usual mediocre self for a 67% QB rating. The Raiders scored all their points in the last 6 mins. vs. Dallas scrubs.

I was impressed with the defensive starters who stopped the Raiders 1st team as soon as they caught those short passes, saw some swarming to the ball too. Witten showed us again why he is the best TE in the NFL, & Antonio Gates can eat it.

At least they learned that the OL still needs some work & no more TEs were injured.

The Bay Area media reported that the Raiders were discussing on the sidelines that Dallas wasn't going all out on its pass rush, the hangover from 2 games in 4 days is showing.
      Last edited by LizardState; 08-14-2010, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Lamarr Houston was a beast. I wish we could've drafted him. OAK gave him some looks as a 3-4 DE. Sigh... I'm so hoping that next year's draft will bring us a beast at DE.

Comment

• So how are you all feeling about Doug Free after Shaughnessy beat him twice and Scott beat him once for sacks?

Comment

• Watching the game now.

Miles and Witten slammed into eachother on that first coverage sack. bleh.

Zero running lanes.

Free looked great on that first drive. He won every battle easily...Kam Wimbley surprised him once with his speed off the edge, but Kam went pretty wide and Free just pushed him out of the play. Free was solid there.

Bradie looks quicker than ever, looks lile he's in great shape. He's been making plays in the passing game in camp, looks like the weight loss should really help him even more this year.

Beautiful kick by Buehler.

edit...offensive drive 2.

Free was good in pass protection again, when he actually had someone to block...but he looked pretty lacks in run blocking. No push on one carry and he fell over on the other.

edit...offensive drive 3.

Free did get beat, but Kitna held the ball a long time and didnt step up in the pocket.
            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-13-2010, 04:14 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
              So how are you all feeling about Doug Free after Shaughnessy beat him twice and Scott beat him once for sacks?
              Nah. He was only beat once all game. I just watched every play of his. It was the sack he gave up to Scott, when Kitna didnt step up into the pocket. Either than that, he had no problem all game. Looked very solid.

Shaughnessy beat Brewster, who isnt even a left tackle.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

So how are you all feeling about Doug Free after Shaughnessy beat him twice and Scott beat him once for sacks?
                I'm feeling like Doug Free should get ready for a Super Bowl ring and a Pro Bowl invite.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  Nah. He was only beat once all game. I just watched every play of his. It was the sack he gave up to Scott, when Kitna didnt step up into the pocket. Either than that, he had no problem all game. Looked very solid.

I think someone was just feeling a little "paranoid". lol.

Comment

Actually, he didn't give up the one to Scott. Scott was playing LE in the nickel.

I thought Free played the entire first half, but I guess I was wrong.

Comment

Actually, he didn't give up the one to Scott. Scott was playing LE in the nickel.

I thought Free played the entire first half, but I guess I was wrong.
                      Yeah whatever...it was whoever he was on, I wasnt 100% on the defensive player. But yeah, that was the only time he was beat. Free's been impressive in the first two games...it's encouraging.

As for some Raida talk...Houston may have had "coverage sacks", but I absolutely love Houston, I'm jealous. I was lobbying for him all draft season. haha. That's the type I've wanted the last few years, a Ziggy Hood/Lamarr Houston type. Bowen isnt quite the athlete as either of those two, but he can play a similar role, if we ever let him start.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-13-2010, 04:43 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• A few more observations...

Kudos to Alan Ball for gaining so much good weight...i knew he gained weight but I didnt even notice it until now. Looks more safety like.

Ogletree has been a little overrated early on in his career. He dropped the most passes in training camp and the coaches have noted how inconsistent he is. I've also heard that Ray Sherman has to "stay on him" more then the other receivers, whatever that means. A lack of awareness or drive, maybe? Like a Martellus Bennett of sorts. Not sure, may be reading into that too much. But Ogletree needs a lot of work yet. Amazing ST potential, at least. He's beastly in pursuit and a great tackler.

It's no surprise, but J Williams is very inconsistent yet. Sometimes it looks like he's thinking too much...and he plays like Bobby Carpenter. Finesse, slower than he times, getting knocked around/swallowed up by blockers, letting the play come to him. But at times, you see some real flashes. He had a couple impressive plays in this Raider game. Leon Williams has played great ball as well...it may be hard to keep him off the roster.

Sam Hurd open a lot, all game from what I've seen...he's letting the ball get into his belly a lot now, for some reason.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

As for some Raida talk...Houston may have had "coverage sacks", but I absolutely love Houston, I'm jealous. I was lobbying for him all draft season. haha. That's the type I've wanted the last few years, a Ziggy Hood/Lamarr Houston type. Bowen isnt quite the athlete as either of those two, but he can play a similar role, if we ever let him start.

Me and you both, we kept telling people he would be a beast in any scheme. He's got a very high motor and he's relentless in getting after the football. He'll be a stud for Oakland.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Mcgee makes Bollinger look like Troy Aikman.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Mcgee makes Bollinger look like Troy Aikman.
                              Seriously... McGee has no future in the NFL. We're just wasting a roster spot with him.

Comment

A few more observations...

Kudos to Alan Ball for gaining so much good weight...i knew he gained weight but I didnt even notice it until now. Looks more safety like.

Ogletree has been a little overrated early on in his career. He dropped the most passes in training camp and the coaches have noted how inconsistent he is. I've also heard that Ray Sherman has to "stay on him" more then the other receivers, whatever that means. A lack of awareness or drive, maybe? Like a Martellus Bennett of sorts. Not sure, may be reading into that too much. But Ogletree needs a lot of work yet. Amazing ST potential, at least. He's beastly in pursuit and a great tackler.

It's no surprise, but J Williams is very inconsistent yet. Sometimes it looks like he's thinking too much...and he plays like Bobby Carpenter. Finesse, slower than he times, getting knocked around/swallowed up by blockers, letting the play come to him. But at times, you see some real flashes. He had a couple impressive plays in this Raider game. Leon Williams has played great ball as well...it may be hard to keep him off the roster.

Sam Hurd open a lot, all game from what I've seen...he's letting the ball get into his belly a lot now, for some reason.
                                Speaking of Barbie, did you see where he's been benched in favor of 2008 49er reject Larry Grant? So much for him being a stud in a 4 3 scheme.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information