Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What? Igor played pretty well last year. He's not spectacular, but he holds up well against the run like he was brought in to do. He's no pass rusher, but I think Wade knew that when he got him.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

    Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

    Comment


    • Marcus Spears:

      Million-$ body, 10-cent head. Yeah he really is as dumb as he looks & sounds.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Also, Igor ain't that great either. He's pretty much a bust of a FA pick up so far.
        Shock jock?

        He has not been a bust.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


        -Douglas MacArthur

        Comment


        • You don't realize what you got till its gone, and that is what I say about spears. we agree to disagree.

          D-Unit, your point is that he makes no plays, while hatcher and bowen do. Let's use this aspect in the arguement of lets say, Terence Newman vs. Asante Samuel. Samuel gets his picks but that b*tch is TRASH of a cornerback, while newman just locks his side down. Same concept here. Im taking newman over samuel everyday of the week. It may not be sexy or to the casual fan who doesn't know much about football who says "OMG asante had 2 picks last night." Yeah but he gave up 250 yards and 3 td's cause he sucks, lol.

          Players like Newman and Spears help way more in terms of winning that players like Asante Samuel and defensive end's who maybe get a sack or a nice hurry or 2 and get blown up in the running game. God forbid me for saying this, but i dont want DE's like dwight freeney on my team. A player who is gonna get run over and give up 5+ yards per carry but will get me maybe a sack doesnt matter, becuase the team will just run it for 300 yards and go home with a W.

          Idk, thats just me. Agree to disagree.

          EDIT: and this is using the players Terence Newman and Asante Samuel were 2=3 years ago, not the aging overpriced vet's they are today. Just to clear that up.
          Last edited by xxxxxxxx; 08-30-2010, 07:03 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
            You don't realize what you got till its gone, and that is what I say about spears. we agree to disagree.

            D-Unit, your point is that he makes no plays, while hatcher and bowen do. Let's use this aspect in the arguement of lets say, Terence Newman vs. Asante Samuel. Samuel gets his picks but that b*tch is TRASH of a cornerback, while newman just locks his side down. Same concept here. Im taking newman over samuel everyday of the week. It may not be sexy or to the casual fan who doesn't know much about football who says "OMG asante had 2 picks last night." Yeah but he gave up 250 yards and 3 td's cause he sucks, lol.

            Players like Newman and Spears help way more in terms of winning that players like Asante Samuel and defensive end's who maybe get a sack or a nice hurry or 2 and get blown up in the running game. God forbid me for saying this, but i dont want DE's like dwight freeney on my team. A player who is gonna get run over and give up 5+ yards per carry but will get me maybe a sack doesnt matter, becuase the team will just run it for 300 yards and go home with a W.

            Idk, thats just me. Agree to disagree.
            Yeah, we'll agree to disagree. I'm sorry, but that is a horrible analogy. When your CB is invisible, that's great. When your DE is invisible, something is wrong. Teams aren't exactly avoiding his side of the field. LOL.
            Last edited by D-Unit; 08-30-2010, 07:05 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
              Shock jock?

              He has not been a bust.
              Do you think he's an above average NFL starting 3-4 DE? I don't.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Yeah, we'll agree to disagree. When your CB is invisible, that's great. When your DE is invisible, something is wrong.
                Fair point. Touche.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Do you think he's an above average NFL starting 3-4 DE? I don't.
                  I kinda like the balance we have tho. Spears and Igor get no pub, but they bring there lunch pails and do there job. Then for pressure we have ratliff, D-ware, and spencer. It's a perfect 5 player balance if you ask me. When they are all playing like they are suppose to, that is.

                  Your entire front 7 or even d-line can't be 10+ sack players D, its just not gonna happen.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                    I kinda like the balance we have tho. Spears and Igor get no pub, but they bring there lunch pails and do there job. Then for pressure we have ratliff, D-ware, and spencer. It's a perfect 5 player balance if you ask me. When they are all playing like they are suppose to, that is.

                    Your entire front 7 or even d-line can't be 10+ sack players D, its just not gonna happen.
                    10+ sacks??? Who are you preaching to?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      10+ sacks??? Who are you preaching to?
                      Or be disruptive or dynamic playmakers for that matter. Its a team sport, an each person plays their specific part.

                      Comment


                      • Just listened to Talkin' Cowboys, and they said they even put in Marcus Dixon to stop the run, and he did well. Then against the twos he was real good. That goes to show hatcher and bowen's run stopping ability...

                        Look were all cowboys fans here and im not trying to start and arguement, we all want to win, but I think spears is undervalued.

                        Comment


                        • Igor is what he is...a two down run stuffer. He's solid at that, but he's not a sexy player at all. You should have knew that before he got here. He's doing the same thing in Dallas that he did in San Diego. I dont love him either, just cause he's nearly non existent in the pass rush, despite being stronger than a moose. haha. But, he certainly does help in the run game. 34 End tends to be an unsexy position. Bowen is the type I want opposite Igor...just so we can actually have a pass rush dynamic on the other side. Hatcher at least bests Spears in this category.

                          I still think Spears is a solid player...but we can do better. Spears is no scrub, though...despite what a lot of people may think. Even when he leaves, he's still looking at a long career as a starter, I'm sure.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                            Just listened to Talkin' Cowboys, and they said they even put in Marcus Dixon to stop the run, and he did well. Then against the twos he was real good. That goes to show hatcher and bowen's run stopping ability...

                            Look were all cowboys fans here and im not trying to start and arguement, we all want to win, but I think spears is undervalued.
                            Your opinion is perfectly fine. We agree to disagree. But don't put words in my mouth. No where did I ever try to say that every player in our front 7 needs to be a 10+ sack guy.

                            Comment


                            • I wasn't putting words in your mouth, I was exaggerating to make a point.

                              Comment


                              • http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blogs...entId=blogDest

                                makes it a bit easier to sleep at night.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information