Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly...if they wanted to keep the best players. You cut Ogletree, if you keep 5 WRs. Probably not going to happen, though. He's young and his contract is minimal. It is interesting reading those comments from Crayton's agent. Makes it sound like he's on the outs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Cutting Ogletree just doesn't make sense though, you don't just give up on a 2nd year WR that fast because of a down Training Camp, if anything you keep 6 WR's, or find a suitor for Crayton to keep 5, cutting Ogletree would be stupid and a huge mistake.

Somebody would pick him up immediately, and you have at least got to give him until his 3rd season. He just showed way too much promise as a rookie, talent, and poise to just erase that away that easy. I'll take what he's done in regular season games, in big situations, over right now any day. I wouldn't even think twice about cutting him. If he was a 3rd round pick nobody would be talking about cutting him, but it's like because he was undrafted he should just get let go alot easier.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I don't see any reason to keep Saivii...he's scheduled to make over a million and how many snaps is the backup NT gonna see? That right away saves a roster spot. Maybe not a roster spot but that is a hot spot for discussion.

I don't think you can keep Leon Williams...I keep Octavian over him because of special teams.

After this game we all have to do our 53 man predictions.

Comment

• I wouldnt cut Ogletree yet. I'm just saying...if you wanted to keep the 5 best, he's on the outside looking in. He's done nothing to make the team this year. He's had dropping problems, an inconsistant camp, some bad preseason performances. Factor in what people say about his overall focus. He's taken a step back from last year.

Say the first four were set and it came down to Hurd/Ogletree. Not even taking contracts into consideration....I'd take Hurd, because he's a better player.

But again, Ogletree does have a favorable contract...he just hasnt looked as good as the players in front of him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Thule, Octavian has flown under the radar. They made that a point today on Talkin' Cowboys. He is a sleeper. Leon Williams started over Jason... not a great sign for Jason.

Comment

• Brewster... Looks.... AWFUL.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                Leon Williams started over Jason... not a great sign for Jason.
                I know, I saw that and wasn't happy :(

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                I wouldnt cut Ogletree yet. I'm just saying...if you wanted to keep the 5 best, he's on the outside looking in. He's done nothing to make the team this year. He's had dropping problems, an inconsistant camp, some bad preseason performances. Factor in what people say about his overall focus. He's taken a step back from last year.

Say the first four were set and it came down to Hurd/Ogletree. Not even taking contracts into consideration....I'd take Hurd, because he's a better player.

But again, Ogletree does have a favorable contract...he just hasnt looked as good as the players in front of him.

I'm still taking Ogletree over Crayton regardless. I mean, what point would it be to keep Crayton? In 3 WR sets it's RW, Austin, and Dez. Then next year I'd EASILY take Ogletree over Crayton who should be declining heavily at that point. I mean maybe if someone got hurt we would be happy we had Patty instead but that wouldn't be a decision I'd make.

Best case scenario Crayton has no use for us this year, and certainly not next. Best case for Ogletree or even Hurd is the #3 guy next year. I wouldn't cut that for average consistency in Crayton who only plays if someone gets hurt.
                Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 09-02-2010, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• I don't think you coudlve dreamed up a better night for Beler, or McGee. Good for the teams moral. Starters got energized by the success. Should be good for the team. I like it.

Comment

• What an exciting game. I really wanted to win this game badly, bright spot is obviously Buehler, he's looking better and better. Again, McGee played very solid 2nite, moved the ball well, I liked what I saw.

Brewster got his ass whooped at LT though. If he was the LT on that play where Manuel Johnson scored but was called out at the 12, the one that put us in position for that FG, if you guys who missed it get to see it later, pay close attention to the LT.

He was holding like no ones business, I can't believe it wasn't called. We got a home field gift right there, it was painfully obvious too, good thing it didn't screw up a great throw, catch, and run on what should have been a TD.

Comment

• I don't get why Brewster isn't getting inside snaps. We have trash for depth. We have our swing tackle...is Barron on the last year of his deal or something? Brewster just doesn't have the lateral movement to play on the outside effectively throughout a whole ballgame. Atleast if you put him inside we can see if we need to use a pick there in the future....this trying him at LT trash makes me sick.

Comment

• We need to spend premium picks of the interior o-line in the next 3 years. We're set with young quality depth everywhere else. Now get Kosier, Gurode, and Davis' future replacement. It's not sexy and it isn't jerry, but it needs to be done.

Also, interior lineman in the first round are probly the safest picks. Just swallow your pride and do it jerry. It's for the best.

That, and a legit playmaking safety, and we're GOLDEN.

Comment

• hopefully we draft one of Pouncey/Wisniewski/Moffitt

Comment

• I want Pouncey and no one else. He can play Center or Guard, and highly unlikely he bust. Oh how bad do I want him.

Comment

• I missed the game, but I don't like hearing how bad Brewster looked. From what I've seen of him this preseason, he looks better on the right side than the left. Like thule said, I think he should get more reps inside because he might be a better fit there.

Did McGee save his job? If he didn't, then maybe that gives someone on one of the crowded defensive units a chance. I like Siavii, Brent, Leon Williams, and McCann. They've really made a good case to be on the team, so if McGee didn't save his job there may be hope.

As for next year talk, the number one priority will probably be the line. The starters are getting old, and depth is a concern.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• I was shocked when I saw the final box score. Never would have guessed Mcgee would go for 300. ha. It's encouraging, at least. I havent liked what I've seen at all....but this is certainly a step in the right direction. And he saved his ass with that performance.

And I agree with the guys who want O-Line. Hell, RT may be a priortity early on. Colombo hasnt looked good since returning from last year's injury and he's not even healthy now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information