Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
    BTW, anyone seen Ogletree? He's been MIA....I think he needs to return to KR, AOA hasn't impressed me whatsoever.
    Hurd has passed him on the depth chart. It happened in preseason, judging by the rotations they were using. Hurd isnt playing a lot, but he's actually getting offensive snaps, Oggletree isnt anymore.

    As for kick return...AOA may not have dont anything yet. But Ogletree is a terrible kick returner.

    Thanks BoneKrusher^

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

    Comment


    • Please trade Witten. I'd be a very grateful Giants fan. Just trade him outside the division of course.
      #Chop


      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
        Main point is many posters here praise mediocre part time players who "display" a flash here or there while "dismissing" others as being trash. The fact is there are lots of average players that you keep not because they "might be All Pros" but b/c they do their job, limit mistakes and contribute to the team.

        The players I had mentioned fit, in many ways, that profile and yet they were run out of Dallas to make room for some very average guys ....... you telling me McQuistan is any worse than Barron? NFW. That is my point. Only reason these things happen is old story of hating on Parcells "guys" while loving on crappy Jerrah "guys."

        How many big third down runs did we give up last year with crappy Carp on the field???? Yesterday alone? At least he could chase them down and give time to for the D to get there. Chicago game? A more athletic cover guy might have helped on those slants et al. Where is the great Sean Lee who was going to replace Carp with ease?

        What has Bennett done in three years? Why did we not take the Bengals first rounder? Based on what? Expected performance of a back-up 20 year old with maturity issues? Bash Parcells for picking Carp but give Jerrah a pass for not taking the Bengals first rounder? Try getting even a 7th round pick for MB now.

        Analyse, then make conclusions. Stop being so quick to throw away players simply b/c they are not All-Pros or look good running in shorts ...............

        Next love affair I see developing is Dez ... loved the pick but people are talking about him in language I find spurious.... a talent but you'd think this is Jerry Rice's brains and dedication in Randy Moss's body. Slow down kids.
        A couple of things...

        McQ is a guard, Barron is a tackle. And they both suck. They were hoping to strike some gold with Barron, I suppose. But anyone who's seen him play in St. Louis the last few years, pretty much knew what we were getting. McQ didnt even have a real shot to make the team this year.

        Your BP blind love sickens me. I dont give a damn if a guy is a Parcells player or not. He's drafted many a crappy player. Who really cares if he was drafted by Parcells or not?

        Where is Sean Lee? Erm....injured.

        And a 1st for Bennett had never been confirmed. It was all hear say. They were interested, but for what compensation was not fully known. And Bennett was drafted to play an integral part of a double TE offense, and cause mismatch problems. Why would they trade him after one year? They drafted him for a reason. No, it hadnt come to fruition. But again, easy to say in hindsight. I know you dont want to hear it, but he does show flashes on limited targets and he blocks well. Stop crying over spilt milk...stop living in the past so much. Kid is all of 23, give him some time yet.

        You contradcit yourself a lot. The Dez love affair? How about your past Miles Austin love affair? And you tell others to slow down...
        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-27-2010, 01:32 PM.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • The 0-3 9ers fired their OC an hr. ago.

          Jason Garrett: There but for the win in Houston under pressure go you.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
            I've been hearing that the 1st rounder for Bennett is an urban legend. Folks with the Cowboys are saying that never happened.
            So in one set of comments, Jerrah confirms but now you claim they deny?

            I would deny too if I were the Cowboys.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Genius. Lets trade one of the best TEs in the league. Fresh off a 90 catch and 1000 yard season. That lost step sure showed last year.

              What's you're rationale for this? To get Miles more targets? Because it makes absolutely no sense.
              I have already explained why

              1) Witten is not what he was physically and hits have added up.
              2) We have MB who needs to play if we are ever to get anything of value from him.
              3) We could get some really good compensation.

              This has nothing to do with Miles.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                Please trade Witten. I'd be a very grateful Giants fan. Just trade him outside the division of course.
                Same could have been said of Shockey who killed us but it was the right move for the GMen.

                Just saying, we have a pretty good backup even if he is a dope. Plus with our backlog of WR their is less to go around.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  A couple of things...

                  McQ is a guard, Barron is a tackle. And they both suck. They were hoping to strike some gold with Barron, I suppose. But anyone who's seen him play in St. Louis the last few years, pretty much knew what we were getting. McQ didnt even have a real shot to make the team this year.

                  Your BP blind love sickens me. I dont give a damn if a guy is a Parcells player or not. He's drafted many a crappy player. Who really cares if he was drafted by Parcells or not?

                  Where is Sean Lee? Erm....injured.

                  And a 1st for Bennett had never been confirmed. It was all hear say. They were interested, but for what compensation was not fully known. And Bennett was drafted to play an integral part of a double TE offense, and cause mismatch problems. Why would they trade him after one year? They drafted him for a reason. No, it hadnt come to fruition. But again, easy to say in hindsight. I know you dont want to hear it, but he does show flashes on limited targets and he blocks well. Stop crying over spilt milk...stop living in the past so much. Kid is all of 23, give him some time yet.

                  You contradcit yourself a lot. The Dez love affair? How about your past Miles Austin love affair? And you tell others to slow down...
                  1. I said Austin had the skills to be a number 1 way back. All of you laughed. That is not a love affair -- that is a statement of opinion which acknowledges much to go.

                  2. Yes, Dez love affair.

                  3. I want to give MD his shot. It is you guys who want to keep Witten in front of him. To me, MB is a guy who needs to be challenged and right now he is not. So, wasted pick until Jerrah decides to take a chance.

                  4. I hated the Carp / Fasano draft. I thought they were both bad picks .. but once you have them .... you should use them to the best of their ability.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                    So in one set of comments, Jerrah confirms but now you claim they deny?

                    I would deny too if I were the Cowboys.
                    Can you reference JJ saying they were offered a 1st for Bennett? I know it's been reported a lot but I don't remember seeing a quote.
                    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                    -Douglas MacArthur

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                      1. I said Austin had the skills to be a number 1 way back. All of you laughed. That is not a love affair -- that is a statement of opinion which acknowledges much to go.

                      2. Yes, Dez love affair.

                      3. I want to give MD his shot. It is you guys who want to keep Witten in front of him. To me, MB is a guy who needs to be challenged and right now he is not. So, wasted pick until Jerrah decides to take a chance.

                      4. I hated the Carp / Fasano draft. I thought they were both bad picks .. but once you have them .... you should use them to the best of their ability.

                      1. Obviously. Your the only one who said Austin would be good, you said it before anyone else, your always right about everything and never say anything wrong. Whenever you say or predict something we all flame you, and your always right. What's new? Did I miss anything? If you want(because I know it's coming) you can go back and list the other 5-6 things you got right before, because as we all know this forum isn't about just discussing things openly with other Cowboy fans, it's about pumping up your chest and reminding people as much as you can about what you were right on that no one believed u on.


                      You should do it more though, still hasn't gotten old to anyone here yet.



                      2. Riiight. Because people saying "Dez is gonna end up being a really special player one day" is a love affair, heaven forbid someone acknowledge when a young player is playing well. What's so ironic about it is in the NFC East Best DB thread when you were running around pumping up Jenkins before he made it to that level it was ok, but now, people can't even say Dez will be good.


                      What exact quote that you've read classifies this "love affair"? Or if you say that a young player will be very good does that mean your starting some love affair?


                      3. It's not a wasted pick because of how extremely young he is. He had 1 really good rookie season and a set back in year 2, this year he's played well in his reserve role and our #2 TE is very important in our offense, he's used more then the primary TE for alot of teams. Way too early to say 1 way or the other. Don't get me wrong he can still be a bust, or a trash player, or a stud, trying to go too far 1 way or the other now is premature.


                      4. There is no best way to use Carpenter. Did you not see him trying to cover Dustin Keller last nite and get burned for that TD? That was on passing downs, which is what he was going to do here, and what he's supposed to be solid at. He went to the 4-3(which everyone said he needed to be in, on a team with literally no LB's at all) and was cut at weakside before the season. Parcells gave him a shot and he still sucks.


                      In fact, we should get Parcells back here. Studs like Patrick Turner, Pat White, among the countless DE's and O-line that he's drafted that hasn't stuck would be welcomed here. Obviously he's a much better drafter then Jerrah.





                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                        I have been harsh on Houck but he needs credit for Free. A revelation at LT.

                        Something to be said for taking OL based on natural footwork (foot speed) and a wide base while teaching strength and technique.

                        Kudos to the team (and Jerrah) on this guy. Nice to see them send Flo to the scrap heap. One of the first times on memory I have seen Jerrah go with uncertainty over certainty in the young v old dilemma.
                        One more thing on Free.

                        Norm on the Ticket mentioned this morning that Mario had zero tackles, zero sacks and one hurry (he was over Columbo on that play). Last week againt the Bears, Peppers had zero sacks and zero tackles and the week before Orakpo zero sacks and 2 tackles.
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                        -Douglas MacArthur

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                          One more thing on Free.

                          Norm on the Ticket mentioned this morning that Mario had zero tackles, zero sacks and one hurry (he was over Columbo on that play). Last week againt the Bears, Peppers had zero sacks and zero tackles and the week before Orakpo zero sacks and 2 tackles.


                          Pretty interesting, I know they said Mario faced him 18 times and he's been on a tear this year thus far. We just have to address the rest of the line, hell we need a future starter at every position except LT unless someone surprisingly develops into a stud. We may need to look at someone in FA who is a moderate level starter because we can't get everyone in the draft next year.





                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                          Comment


                          • FWIW, what I don't like about BP drafts is over reliance on big school names to fill roster spots.

                            Comment


                            • Great discussion guys! lmao.

                              SOS every day.

                              There is one guy here who talks as if every lost player sent away was a great player. ...come... on.... that is NOT the case.

                              Carpenter sucked for us. He never lived up to his draft billing. BP drafted him to replace Ellis, but Ellis proved to BP that he could play 3-4 OLB. So Carp was tried at ILB. That never worked either. Even the new coaching staff tried to find a spot for him, even at nickel LB and that didn't work out either. He may or may not be a starter for the Rams, but that's meaningless to us. They run a 4-3. From day 1 Carp was a square peg in a round hole as a 3-4 LB. Now he's in a 4-3, maybe he'll turn his career around. At least he's in a better system for himself. That's no reason to mope around about losing him. Both parties are better off separated. Simple as that.

                              Cory Proctor was a loser. Shut up about losing him. Stephen Peterman is the worst lineman on the Detroit line, and they are still a sucky team. McQuistan had every chance in the world to step up and never did. We got out of him the most you can realistically expect out of a 7th rounder. Fujita? Did you seriously bring up his name? We are much better off with Anthony Spencer, Butler and Williams. Shanle? He looks much better in the 4-3. Once again, both parties are better off separated.

                              Bob, I saw your post where you credited Jerruh for having faith in Free over a veteran. But it wasn't the first time. Have you already forgotten that he cut TO having full faith in Austin? ...and I'm sorry, but you were not the first person to praise Austin. There was much anticipation and excitement about him the day he was brought on as an UDFA. Yes, there were some peaks and trophs in his young career, but just because you decided to hop on his jock during a troph doesn't make you the great Allah. Sorry to burst your bubble. Hope you can carry on with your life and dignity.

                              Trading Witten must be a joke. I'll leave it at that. There is nothing out there that will bring us equal value. But I'll raise it up again... we have an over abundance of quality RBs in a league dearth of good RBs. We need to cash in somehow. McNeill just signed an extension, so I don't think we can get him now. The fact that SD starter Tolbert is a joke. No wonder they lost. But Baltimore could still be wanting to trade Jared Gaither. I thought we should've gotten in the supplemental, but maybe we can rectify that by trading Choice to them. Ray Rice is banged up now.

                              Comment


                              • Doesn't Mario Williams play LDE? I could have sworn that I saw him up against Columbo most of the time. I know Peppers has played LDE pretty much all of his career, so more props to Columbo for shutting him down.

                                Now something telling about Free is in the Redskins game. Orakpo wasn't a threat until he moved to the other side against Barron.
                                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                                ~Nigerian Proverb

                                Da riddum is too much for you.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information