Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior O-line maybe if someone solid is there.
    About FA OL: they didnt go after McNeill when he was on the mkt. He was insanely expensive but any elite OL on the FA will be.

I expected the 9ers to go after McNeill after benching Davis, but they didn't either. Maybe he & the Bolts are stuck with each other in their marriage made in hell.

I expect Dallas to pay Free chingaderoes of big $ & draft someone for the front 5 OL, hopefully a pure center. Gurode may be on his last legs & he's a converted guard anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Man, I know I'm the biggest Barber fan here, but talk about the disrespect the guy gets. He's still the smartest back, still the best blocker, still the best receiver and still the guy who converts the most important short down yardage plays. I don't get why he gets hated so much.

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side for folks. The day I see Barber in another jersey or facing us... is gonna be a sad panda day for me.

I think he would be willing to restructure if there is a salary cap in place. But I'm really not sure that Jerry would ask him to. $4M ain't that much for him. Maybe the following year when he is earning closer to $6M... yeah, that might be the wall that can't be climbed, and I could see THEN that Jerry ask for a restructure.
      Dude, I love Barber, but as the others have said here, power backs tend to only have 4 of 5 good years in them. And Barber's style is just so violent.

He still has plenty of value. The load just needs to be flipped. Felix needs to get the 18 touches and Barber the 8 (I think that's how it played out against Houston).
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        I can't say how many times he does it, but I know MOTH mentioned screaming at the TV about him trying to bounce things outside too often and I remember having that same conversation with a friend while watching a game.

"why in the hell does he always try and bounce runs to the outside lately?"

"since when did he start trying to run sideways all the time?"

It does happen alot, and more then he used to do. Not sure why, but I'm gonna start to tivo the games and go back and watch, it's not every play because sometimes the holes are wide open, but I've seen him take dive plays and end up running out of bounds for a no yard gain a handful of times, when the old Barber bulldozes for a 2-3 yard gain.

I was as big of a Barber fan as there was especially in this forum, I definately notice that change.

Still though, do you think he's that much better then Choice now?
        Before we have a "yes he does" or "no he doesn't" arguement, why don't we just count it out loud here next Sunday. (Hopefully, the game is televised here).

As for Choice... yeah, he needs the ball more. Is he better than Barber? The popular opinion says Yes... but we beat Washington if Choice doesn't fumble.

Comment

• If you have time this weekend check out this article. I find some extremely interesting arguments in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
            If you have time this weekend check out this article. I find some extremely interesting arguments in there.
            Link?? ?

Comment

• Anyone wanna start some discussion here?

Hopefully McNabb can pull off some magic in philly. I'm still not on the Vick bandwagon.

Comment

Link?? ?
                http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/...ard-davis-size

my bad...but like I said great article.

Comment

• I still like Barber, but he is overpaid. Is he better than Choice? I would say he is a little better at this point. But he doesnt make a liitle more money. He makes a lot more money.

Who didn't love Barber during his day? We all did. But he makes a lot of cash. I was moved when D mentioned Barber playing in another uniform. I don't want to see that. But I didn't want to see Emmit playing for the Cards.

Bottom line-Barber is not totally washed up. But he is overpaid. We could use that money elsewhere.

And his burst is gone. Let's let the young horses run
                  I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• I'd be somewhat curious to see if we get a deal done with Doug Free before the end of the season. He's already proved he has a starting spot on this line...he's got 9 games under his belt at both tackle positions...lets ink him up during the bye week.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                      I'd be somewhat curious to see if we get a deal done with Doug Free before the end of the season. He's already proved he has a starting spot on this line...he's got 9 games under his belt at both tackle positions...lets ink him up during the bye week.
                      I'd be all for that as well. He's the only sure thing on our line as far as the future goes.

I'm all for trading for Jared Gaither and/or Logan Mankins too, but I know that is a pipe dream.

Comment

• Looks like everyone practiced today except Witten and Bennett....Good news for the o-line. Continuity is the key to rolling of a 4-5 game winning streak.

That's why I kept asking the source of the Kosier being out 3-4 weeks...good to know he'll be there against the Titans.

Comment

I'd be all for that as well. He's the only sure thing on our line as far as the future goes.

I'm all for trading for Jared Gaither and/or Logan Mankins too, but I know that is a pipe dream.
                          Maan, Mankins would be so awesome, but your right, probably just wishful thinking. I think we'll look at a vet interior lineman in FA though which is why I don't see Barber & Roy back because that's alot of money cleared up.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I'd prefer Mankins. There seems to be significant concerns about Gaither's work ethic.

Kosier is gone after this year so I'm sure Mankins could step right in there. The biggest issue, IMO, is L. Davis. HE has clearly been our worst OL the last year and a half. I'd rather keep Kosier and let Leonard go. Also, if we could land a pure center, Geroude could swing to G. I think the wrench in the engine right now is Bigg.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                              Looks like everyone practiced today except Witten and Bennett....Good news for the o-line. Continuity is the key to rolling of a 4-5 game winning streak.

That's why I kept asking the source of the Kosier being out 3-4 weeks...good to know he'll be there against the Titans.
                              Kosier may be there...but it's not definite. He says he's playing, but Wade isnt too sure yet, I heard.

Scary thought that both Witten and Bennett are missing time, but they could use the rest. I dont see Bennett getting to 100% at all this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• We really miss John Phillips man... I really really liked what I saw from him last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information